Flight change - Wondering what is latest to debark Symphony

cdoobiest

Hi everyone, sailing Symphony of the Seas arriving back in Miami Feb 22, 2020.  I was originally scheduled for 11:15 am flight out of Miami but Delta just changed our flight to 3pm out of Miami.  I can change for free since Delta changed flight and I can do flight out of Fort Lauderdale at 12pm if I want.  

I am thinking just keeping Miami at 3pm departure since uber will be less and I don't have to rush or stress to get to Fort Lauderdale.  

Wondering what is latest I can leave the boat.  Would 11am be too late.  Wondering what time the stewards will make you leave room and what time I can get breakfast until.  Ideally would like to leave room at 9-10 am and then head to breakfast if possible and leave ship at 11am.  Is that unrealistic? 

Or should I go for earlier Fort Lauderdale flight?  Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, cdoobiest said:

Hi everyone, sailing Symphony of the Seas arriving back in Miami Feb 22, 2020.  I was originally scheduled for 11:15 am flight out of Miami but Delta just changed our flight to 3pm out of Miami.  I can change for free since Delta changed flight and I can do flight out of Fort Lauderdale at 12pm if I want.  

I am thinking just keeping Miami at 3pm departure since uber will be less and I don't have to rush or stress to get to Fort Lauderdale.  

Wondering what is latest I can leave the boat.  Would 11am be too late.  Wondering what time the stewards will make you leave room and what time I can get breakfast until.  Ideally would like to leave room at 9-10 am and then head to breakfast if possible and leave ship at 11am.  Is that unrealistic? 

Or should I go for earlier Fort Lauderdale flight?  Thoughts?

8 - 8:30 would be the latest you could be in your room.  Windjammer stops serving breakfast and pretty much pushes you out by 9.   Coffee and light pastries are available in Promenade cafe and Sorrento's until the ship clears. Ship is pretty much cleared by 10:30. A 12pm flight from FLL. would be easy to make if you are off by 8 or 8:30,  pass on the ship shuttle and use Uber or Lyft, both about  40.00 for the ride.  

None of these comments are accurate.

Symphony last call starts at 9:15 AM. Breakfast closes by 8:30 AM in the Windjammer and there is a hard stop on all other services, including Park Cafe at 9 AM.

I left the ship on my sailing 2 months ago at around 9:30 AM. By then, they were already setting up for the next sailing (and the monitors had stopped showing departure calls).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ryguy2008 said:

None of these comments are accurate.

Symphony last call starts at 9:15 AM. Breakfast closes by 8:30 AM in the Windjammer and there is a hard stop on all other services, including Park Cafe at 9 AM.

I left the ship on my sailing 2 months ago at around 9:30 AM. By then, they were already setting up for the next sailing (and the monitors had stopped showing departure calls).

How are none of these comments accurate?  We're all saying pretty much the same thing as you.  Please clarify.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

How are none of these comments accurate?  We're all saying pretty much the same thing as you.  Please clarify.

I was referring to the comments that you can stay on board until 10-10:30 as that is when last call is.

That is true for some ships, like Harmony. Symphony wants everyone off well before then.

We got off the Symphony last week and had a 12:30 flight on Delta from Ft. Lauderdale. We decided to take the ship transfer because it was cheaper at $ 30.00 per person than Uber and we were told that the wait for an Uber could be long.

We exited the ship at about 7:30, got our luggage, and did not stop until we got to the bus. It was very easy and there were no crowds at that time. The bus had us at the Ft. Lauderdale airport about 9:15 so we had plenty of time.

If you decide to take the flight from Ft. Lauderdale in February I would suggest you get to the airport as early as you can. The Delta terminal is being rebuilt and it is a mess right now. The project is supposed to last until mid 2021. Also, in February, there will be a number of ships in port, so the crowds will be big at the airport.

Just got off of Symphony today and according to the tv, the last number is called at 9:15. FYI, they tell you that your luggage won’t be ready for pick up until your number is a lie. We walked off with our luggage around 8am and saw every numbered area was full.

Random comments.... they really want you out of your room by 8.  Remember, the crew must do a complete changeover and deep cleaning of every cabin.  Having you sit in your cabin until 9 would really get in their way.  If I were you, I'd plan to leave the cabin no later than 8, then either grab a quick breakfast if it's still open, or go find a seat in a common area until the crowd thins.  Get off the ship, uber to Miami, check in, then wander the shops and get lunch somewhere. 

I haven't been to Miami for several years, but there used to be a great Cuban Cafe near the American concourse.  If it's still there, go and get a Cuban Sandwich!  😎