How do I make sure I have MTD?

lola4795

We booked our cruise with CostcoTravel.  On the Costco website for our dining option it says "Open My Time".  I'm not sure what the word "open" is referring to.  When I look at the RCI website under my cruise info, I can't find anything at all about our dining assignment.  Is there something I'm missing?  Something I need to do?

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our son booked through Costco, open my time means you have MTD with no set times being reserved. He went on the cruise planner and reserved his dining times.  This was several years ago on Oasis. 

That makes sense.  Just to clarify....If we want to show up any time we want within  the MTD hours (no reservations), we should just keep it the way it is, right?

26 minutes ago, lola4795 said:

That makes sense.  Just to clarify....If we want to show up any time we want within  the MTD hours (no reservations), we should just keep it the way it is, right?

Right, There are two lines one for and on without reservations. No reservation line might be a slight wait at prime time. If you like your time, table and wait staff you can ask for it to be permanent all week. 

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

If you’re scheduled for My Time Dining, you can go to Dining in your cruise planner and there will be a link at the bottom to reserve dining times. 

That might be true for the OP since the sailing is fairly close, but may not be true for others whose sailing is further out.

2 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

Haven't been with Royal for quite some time.  When I booked the cruise, was told I can only have the early sitting for dinner which is 5pm.  I think that's too early and what should I do to change it to MTD?  Thanks!

If you cannot get it changed pre-cruise by making that request to whoever booked your cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and request the change there.  Tell them you won't be using the Main Dining Room unless you get MTD.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

If you cannot get it changed pre-cruise by making that request to whoever booked your cruise, then go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and request the change there.  Tell them you won't be using the Main Dining Room unless you get MTD.

Thank you.  But where is the MTD desk?  Is it next to the main dining room?

3 hours ago, lola4795 said:

Yes, you do not have to make reservations.  Royal will try to get you to do them, but my husband and I never make reservations.  We go eat when we feel like it.  That is the beauty of MTD.  For Symphony, in Dec, we are a group of 6, so because of shows we did make reservations.  But as a rule, with just the 2 of us, we show up when we want and never wait more than 5-10 minutes

6 minutes ago, squaremimi said:

Thank you.  But where is the MTD desk?  Is it next to the main dining room?

It's at the entrance to the dining room, on the deck where they have MTD.  Deck will be listed in the Cruise Compass, but I'd start on the lowest deck.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, squaremimi said:

Haven't been with Royal for quite some time.  When I booked the cruise, was told I can only have the early sitting for dinner which is 5pm.  I think that's too early and what should I do to change it to MTD?  Thanks!

I would ask your Travel Agent to put you on the Wait List for MTD right now.... and call every few weeks to see if there's an opening.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:18 PM, lola4795 said:

We booked our cruise with CostcoTravel.  On the Costco website for our dining option it says "Open My Time".  I'm not sure what the word "open" is referring to.  When I look at the RCI website under my cruise info, I can't find anything at all about our dining assignment.  Is there something I'm missing?  Something I need to do?

If you are unsure, call to verify.