Sea Dog's Harmony "As If Live" Review Pre & Post with Food, Whiskey & Key,, Oh My!

Sea Dog

I apologize for the duplicate pictures in the Aqua Theater section. I'm not sure why they are still showing up after I re edit and delete them. Very frustrating as it was the fourth time I had to redo that post. I'm sorry as I want this thread to be very neat and not sloppy.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

Great posts. Thank you SeaDog! Loved seeing the Four Roses Single Barrel. BT is in my rotation as well. Wifey like Jim Beam Black but will be fine with Makers. Looking forward to more whiskey posts. 

was that single or small batch ? I get the bottle shape confused

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

was that single or small batch ? I get the bottle shape confused

Single barrel . Both the single and small are great bourbons. I love the single just a little bit more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Single barrel . Both the single and small are great bourbons. I love the single just a little bit more.

I like them both equally, now the yellow cap not at all. In fact when I went on the 4 Roses distillery tour the guide even mention the yellow cap bourbon was "great for cooking" LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

Thanks for this thread, I have plenty to learn before my wife and I take our first cruise the end of next May.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and hopefully a long and happy life of cruising and enjoying our CC family. 

21 hours ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

Thanks for this thread, I have plenty to learn before my wife and I take our first cruise the end of next May.

Happy to do it. Cruise Critic helped me so much in making decisions about my first cruise in over 20 years. The valuable information in the form of tips and recommendations as well as reading other people's adventures is both entertaining and informative.

• Like 2

Just now, Tulsacoker said:

So when is your next cruise Sea Dog?

Next October on Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan going to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Leaving in 352 days. I can't wait and I just got off a cruise.😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Next October on Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan going to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. Leaving in 352 days. I can't wait and I just got off a cruise.😁

Hey!  I'm on that itinerary in 9 days!  Last time I was on Freedom was back in 2012.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rhuntington3 said:

Hey!  I'm on that itinerary in 9 days!  Last time I was on Freedom was back in 2012.

I hope you will do a review. I would love to see what you recommend. I like the fact that it is port intensive. We will be traveling with my son who will be 21 and is on fall break from college. It's not like he has never had a drink before but It will be a great time to introduce him to Mr. Lava Flow with Kraken Rum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope you will do a review. I would love to see what you recommend. I like the fact that it is port intensive. We will be traveling with my son who will be 21 and is on fall break from college. It's not like he has never had a drink before but It will be a great time to introduce him to Mr. Lava Flow with Kraken Rum.

Ya!  I'm excited to get an introduction to Mr. Lava Flow as well. 

And I scheduled an excursion each day!  Luckily that was way earlier this year.  I was checking prices a few days ago and they've all gone up and one seems no longer available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IT MUST BE 5 OCLOCK SOMEWHERE

Back on board at the Mast Bar deck 16. This is where I got to know Toni (more about him later) a fantastic bartender and great guy and a nice spot to do my whiskey tastings later. IMG_4392.thumb.JPEG.eb7a4bdf23aa78a6062378c664abbcc1.JPEG

This was the only bar on the ship that had Templeton Rye even though it was listed in all the drink menu's. Whats up with that?

IMG_4393.thumb.JPEG.712bd4a9b51d8e6225111f3316dbfeb1.JPEG

Templeton on the rocks (More about Templeton in my tasting section)

IMG_4396.thumb.JPEG.9c96c3ec4480ab98c1c94ba94dbe21ab.JPEG

Linda had the Lava Flow made with Kraken Dark Spiced Rum. We got hooked on Kraken and later would order all of rum drinks to be mad with Kraken instead of the house rum. This stuff is amazing! It does taste as good as it looks!!

IMG_4395.thumb.JPEG.814a05f55110a0b664ff45ba37cf9420.JPEG

After seeing Linda's cocktail I decided to go frozen. Here is a Love Connection which is a Miami Vice 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri and 1/2 Pina Colada with a Love Connection on top which is Mango. WOW! This is good. I had them make this with Kraken Rum and Toni put a ounce of Kraken on the top;

IMG_4398.thumb.JPEG.357afcd1828c4d68c1159858be995b79.JPEG

Now it's time to get ready for dinner. The first of our BOGO package. Tonight it will be Jamie's Italian.

Starting my drinks to try list for my April Oasis cruise.  This looks right up my alley!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rhuntington3 said:

Actually, your (and my) cruise makes its first port of call in St Maarten rather than St Thomas.  Our first time on Freedom.

IT'S A SEA DAY FOR THE SEA DOG !

Even though I have the deluxe drink package it’s the ocean that is really intoxicating to me. I love sea days as it’s time to explore the ship, do some shopping and eat and drink merrily.

1790284963_SeaDog2.thumb.jpg.9c24bc97acd47b24f2e9589a6a804565.jpg

But first, we got invited to a top tier event. I don’t why because normally these events are for Platinum and above. Was it because we had the Key? Did they see something in us that they liked?  We signed up for meet and mingle but that’s not this event?  Anyone who might know why chime in but we are not going to pass this up. Complimentary Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s, Captain Johnny introducing the staff and handing out awards to the top point cruisers on the cruise and a sneak preview of Hide Away Heist. Fun!!

IMG_4446.thumb.JPEG.03b3fc6c8985a431a5c528cebfda9673.JPEG

IMG_4445.thumb.JPEG.75fd830f3061c7dbc52a5647d4abf4e3.JPEG

IMG_4449.thumb.JPEG.17725f8994100b14e09ee16eb75454ef.JPEG