Celebrity App

NHCRUISIN

I hear the new Celebrity App makes registering for your upcoming cruise easier and faster. Is it recommended that I register both my wife and I on my phone or would it be beneficial if we each did it separately on our own phones ?

I couldn't sign in to the app after I downloaded it. I tried both email addresses and the mobile number using an old password. It recognized me and said update the password because the old password didn't have a number in it. I did that but can't get in. It said my email addresses were already used.  ????? DH doesn't want to use the mobile app anyway, he has a flip phone which he rarely uses. Said he can check things on the cabin TV. 

We did not use the App on EDGE,  pre cruise or during. We did check in online and used the  online Cruise Planner to book our extras.

At check in at the port, they manually scanned our pasports in no time at all and took our photos.

On the ship, we relied on the "daily" bulletin and info on the TV,  and performed in-cabin functions manually.  We were fine.

We kept our phones on airplane mode and turned off in our safe,  and used our tablet to read and e mail home. No need to carry around a device on the ship unless you want to.   The App is fun/ useful for those who want it but not required!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

The App is fun/ useful for those who want it but not required!

Exactly... If it works for you then great, if it doesn't then don't give it a second thought, it is a long way from a 'must have'.

We have completed our check in using our computer. I have the latest version of the Celebrity App on my iPhone, and the first of the B2B trips is shown... but I cannot find the Express Pass anywhere! (I have it printed from the check in procedure from the computer, so I'm not worried about it. 🙂 )

How do I locate the Express Pass inside the app? 

And... our second trip of the B2B cannot be loaded in for some reason. The app keeps saying "Sorry, we hit a snag". Perhaps only 1 sailing is allowed at a time?

TIA

19 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

How do I locate the Express Pass inside the app? 

And... our second trip of the B2B cannot be loaded in for some reason. The app keeps saying "Sorry, we hit a snag". Perhaps only 1 sailing is allowed at a time?

TIA

It should be under the third button . The right one. The left one is a ship, the center a calendar and the third looks sort of like a head. Poor design in my opinion. If you don't see the view pass option under that right buttion sign out and sign back in. That is what I had to do, before that it only showed the sailing. .  

Edited by Charles4515

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It should be under the third button . The right one. The left one is a ship, the center a calendar and the third looks sort of like a head. Poor design in my opinion. If you don't see the view pass option under that right buttion sign out and sign back in. That is what I had to do, before that it only showed the sailing. .  

EXCELLENT! Thanks Charles4515!  

The key was to sign out and back in. The Xpress Pass as well as the second sailing are now showing! 

23 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

EXCELLENT! Thanks Charles4515!  

The key was to sign out and back in. The Xpress Pass as well as the second sailing are now showing! 

Glad to help! I am on the third and fourth time with the app and learned some things along the way. 

2 hours ago, Perky1 said:

There are 10 people in our group, 5 rooms - can we all text to one another or just the person in your room?  Also, can you use an iPad instead of a phone?

The person in your room should already be linked. You can add other people not in you room. You can use an iPad but since the app is only an iPhone app, they did not follow Apples developer guidelines, the app does not use the whole screen. But it is still usable on an iPad even though the size is stunted.  

Don’t be surprised if you encounter some bugs. Onboard you may have to see the IT person for help. I had a day keep disappearing for example. My dining reservations were never correct while onboard.  You may have to sign out and back in to resolve issues. My folio charges were always correct though and up to date.  There have been app updates since my last use onboard so hopefully they squashed more bugs since then. I notice my dining reservations for an upcoming cruise are correct in advance. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 11/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, Charles4515 said:

The person in your room should already be linked. You can add other people not in you room. You can use an iPad but since the app is only an iPhone app, they did not follow Apples developer guidelines, the app does not use the whole screen. But it is still usable on an iPad even though the size is stunted.  

Don’t be surprised if you encounter some bugs. Onboard you may have to see the IT person for help. I had a day keep disappearing for example. My dining reservations were never correct while onboard.  You may have to sign out and back in to resolve issues. My folio charges were always correct though and up to date.  There have been app updates since my last use onboard so hopefully they squashed more bugs since then. I notice my dining reservations for an upcoming cruise are correct in advance. 

Thank you Charles!  I did download it to my iPad just to see at it will be fine gor the ones who don’t have smart phones!  Our cruise not showing up yet but it will soon.