The elusive aft wrap booking

soonernstlouis

I booked a Havana vista balcony (aft wrap) on the Vista when it was new 1 yr and 2 months out.  I booked a non-Havana Vista Balcony on the magic about 6 months out.

I have seen the non-Havana ones even 2 or 3 months out on various ships, but it is harder to get the Havana Vista balconies.  

How much extra they are depends on the ship.  

• 6 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Palmetto Pilot said:

we booked our first premium vista balcony on the Breeze this month. It will be our first aft cabin ever. 

How did you like the cabin, how was the view looking down?  What number did you have?  I am surprised there isn't more info out there on these cabins.  TIA

I am debating getting an aft-wrap on our Panama if they are still available and if our September cruise which I have to pay for in 15 days is canceled. 

We have an aft-extended right now for it. Last time I checked, the aft-wrap next door to us was an expensive upgrade. IMO prohibitively expensive. $3000+ more expensive. I am sure they are great and I have read great things about them! But is it almost double the cost of the cruise worth expensive? September cost for us is only $2000 in an aft-extended to Bermuda. So if that is canceled I would only owe $1000 more for the aft-wrap. That logic says it is more than doable in that case because I won't be trying to book anything for 2020 if September fails. 

I accepted an upsell offer a week before sailing a few years ago, from an interior to an aft wrap for $292.  I asked why we were selected for a call and was told, “We are calling Platinums booked in insides”.  It was without a doubt the best Carnival cabin we ever had.  I never ignore a call from a Miami area code now , even when I am certain it is about my car’s extended warranty 😂

Never had an aft wrapped.  When our June 7, 2020 cruise was in danger of being cancelled, I looked for another one of course.  With DD job, had to be a week kids are off school.  Booked for 12/27/2020 out of NO on Glory.  It was expensive and I am now second guessing myself.  Will I ever be able to go back to another room?

Absolutely love aft wraps.  We currently have one booked for our Alaska trip next year and I just looked at my booking and it was made 599 days out.

I also like regular aft balconies though - love the view of the wake and the deeper balcony space. 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I accepted an upsell offer a week before sailing a few years ago, from an interior to an aft wrap for $292.  I asked why we were selected for a call and was told, “We are calling Platinums booked in insides”.  It was without a doubt the best Carnival cabin we ever had.  I never ignore a call from a Miami area code now , even when I am certain it is about my car’s extended warranty 😂

What is the Miami area code which Carnival calls from?  I’m always ignoring it, but who knows if it’s Carnival calling LOL.  I’ll take that chance and answer it too 🤗

Edited by James4me

On 10/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Hi All.

I‘ve been going back & forth on booking our next Carnival Cruise and am now considering Valor out of NOLA.  Since the pricing out of season on this ship is normally reasonable, I want to choose a balcony.  But I’ve heard so many good things about booking an aft wrap balcony I was really wanting to go for one of those.  Unfortunately there are only about 6 such rooms on the Valor and even selecting cruises well into 2021 finds nothing available.  So my questions are:

•What is the typical upcharge from per day from balcony to aft wrap?

•Is “aft extended balcony” really any better than balcony if aft wrap is not available?

•How far out did you have to book to get the aft wrap or did you have to use a PVP/TA to actually locate one?

Thanks

There is still one Aft Wrap available on the Valor Nov. 16th 2020.