Unlimited Soda and More Package Question

mickeygirl78

I'm going on my first Princess cruise on the Regal in February.  A few months back I purchased on my cruise planner the Unlimited Soda and more package.  Since then, Princess discontinued that package and is selling one called the Classic Soda package.  Mine is still showing in my purchases.  My question is - will there be any issues on board since I purchased the old discontinued one? 

Any recommendations for mocktails under this package?  I plan on getting some virgin strawberry daiquiri's but looking for other suggestions.

I too purchased the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" for my wife and 2 kids for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii on the Star in December.  Can anyone explain what is included in the "Unlimited Soda and More Package" for me, please?  Now that its no longer listed as an option, I cannot recall exactly how it differs from these new offerings. Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Huddler said:

I too purchased the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" for my wife and 2 kids for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii on the Star in December.  Can anyone explain what is included in the "Unlimited Soda and More Package" for me, please?  Now that its no longer listed as an option, I cannot recall exactly how it differs from these new offerings. Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

It now seems to be called the "Premier Coffee & Soda Package" which includes: premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate and “zero-proof” mocktails.

They have a list of a few non-alcoholic drinks in the drink menu, go though and try them all, then settle on your favorite.

I have forgotten the name of the one I kept getting, it was not a frozen one but very nice and refreshing,  it also looked fancy so never missed the alcohol.    

• Like 1

Here’s what the Princess web site shows for my cruise on the Emerald in December. 

Here is the soda package details. 

I have purchased this many times & liked what it offered. 

Tom

Classic Soda Package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• There is no age restriction for purchases of the Classic Soda Package.
  • The Classic Soda Package is US $9.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $11.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $15.33 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Classic Soda Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / Pro-Rated Packages or segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted, although some exceptions may apply, such as the World Cruise. These exceptions, IF applicable, will be displayed in the Cruise Personalizer at the time of purchase.
  • The package is offered onboard on day one (embarkation day) only.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within 3 days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or canned items, specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, ice-cream based drinks or any items offered in Retail Venues or Shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for; Room Service or Mini Bar Items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • With the exception of the complimentary tumbler noted above, Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for an additional charge.
  • Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon).
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Buy One Get One type offers, or food items for sale such as ice-cream etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • The Classic Soda Package excludes all alcoholic items, nor does it provide a discount for any alcoholic drink.

F03B118D-F74E-4C9F-8EAE-33964677700D.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ldyandrea said:

It now seems to be called the "Premier Coffee & Soda Package" which includes: premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate and “zero-proof” mocktails.

Classic Soda does NOT include coffees, teas or hot chocolate.

15 hours ago, mickeygirl78 said:

I'm going on my first Princess cruise on the Regal in February.  A few months back I purchased on my cruise planner the Unlimited Soda and more package.  Since then, Princess discontinued that package and is selling one called the Classic Soda package.  Mine is still showing in my purchases.  My question is - will there be any issues on board since I purchased the old discontinued one? 

14 hours ago, Huddler said:

I too purchased the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" for my wife and 2 kids for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii on the Star in December.  Can anyone explain what is included in the "Unlimited Soda and More Package" for me, please?  Now that its no longer listed as an option, I cannot recall exactly how it differs from these new offerings.

No matter what it was called when you made the purchase and no matter what was included when you made the purchase, you will be given the new Classic Soda Package and only what it includes but will not be charged more than what you already paid.

Please note that it says "The package may be used on our Private Islands " but that means it can only be used for what is available on the Private Islands and fountain soda is usually not available there.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, trbarton said:

Here’s what the Princess web site shows for my cruise on the Emerald in December. 

Here is the soda package details. 

I have purchased this many times & liked what it offered. 

Tom

Classic Soda Package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• There is no age restriction for purchases of the Classic Soda Package.
  • The Classic Soda Package is US $9.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $11.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $15.33 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Classic Soda Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / Pro-Rated Packages or segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted, although some exceptions may apply, such as the World Cruise. These exceptions, IF applicable, will be displayed in the Cruise Personalizer at the time of purchase.
  • The package is offered onboard on day one (embarkation day) only.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within 3 days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or canned items, specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, ice-cream based drinks or any items offered in Retail Venues or Shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for; Room Service or Mini Bar Items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • With the exception of the complimentary tumbler noted above, Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for an additional charge.
  • Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon).
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Buy One Get One type offers, or food items for sale such as ice-cream etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • The Classic Soda Package excludes all alcoholic items, nor does it provide a discount for any alcoholic drink.

F03B118D-F74E-4C9F-8EAE-33964677700D.jpeg

Taken from the information. Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon). Carnival & Princess will be switching to Pepsi products January 2020. Pepsi does have freestyle machines. Have no idea if they will put them on the ships. I hope they do.

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Taken from the information. Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon). Carnival & Princess will be switching to Pepsi products January 2020. Pepsi does have freestyle machines. Have no idea if they will put them on the ships. I hope they do.

Trying to find where it says Princess will be switching over as the press release by CCL specifically mentions Carnival Cruise Line as the one switching to Pepsi as of January 2020:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/node/59476/pdf

I know a mod commented on a thread elsewhere  that there was a discussion about it affecting all CCL cruise lines, but they closed the thread after commenting without providing a link to this discussion.   I wouldn't be surprised that sometime in the future all CCL lines make the switch, but as mentioned the press release only mentions Carnival Cruise Line.  Makes no difference to me, I'll drink either but really prefer something in the 'adults only' beverage category instead 😄