Is WiFi Free on Coco Cay ❓

Artemus

1 hour ago, smeck said:

Just got back from Coco Cay last week internet availability is only with internet package.  The internet was very good the best of the entire cruise. 

Thanks for the updated info.

A friend was there two days ago and didn't have a Voom package.  It was working on CocoCay for them at no cost.  

My visits have always been with a Voom plan.  However I did note when I went to the ship my laptop in my room was still connected despite me logging in to Voom away from the ship on CocoCay on my phone.  I just wrote it off as ship that happens.  

It seems YMMV.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, smeck said:

Just got back from Coco Cay last week internet availability is only with internet package.  The internet was very good the best of the entire cruise. 

This ^^^^ ... Why would they possibly give it to you "free" if you don't have the Voom/internet package :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

This ^^^^ ... Why would they possibly give it to you "free" if you don't have the Voom/internet package :classic_laugh:

Perhaps it was free in the beginning of "Perfect Day" either by mistake or for advertising purposes.

I do know that the last time I was there (end of October) it worked just fine without a VOOM package. Funny thing is that the network name that showed up on the island was still "Mariner-Wifi" like on the ship... Had full access to it all day long though.