Upgrade bid accepted!

DCGuy64

Back in September, MSC sent us an email asking if we wanted to bid on an upgrade from our current stateroom (YIN) to a YC Deluxe Suite. I bid a modest amount just above the recommended minimum, and to my pleasant surprise, I received an email earlier this morning saying that it was accepted. So not only will we be in the Yacht Club (for the very first time), we'll be in a nice room, to boot. Yay! 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Back in September, MSC sent us an email asking if we wanted to bid on an upgrade from our current stateroom (YIN) to a YC Deluxe Suite. I bid a modest amount just above the recommended minimum, and to my pleasant surprise, I received an email earlier this morning saying that it was accepted. So not only will we be in the Yacht Club (for the very first time), we'll be in a nice room, to boot. Yay! 😁

Congratulations!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Congratulations!

While I like the "concept" of a balcony, I spend most of my time at The One Pool with one big exception:

The balcony is just fantastic to have your morning cappuccino/espresso/latte with a couple of pastries. They're sooooo fast in bringing it to your room after you order it!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Congratulations!

While I like the "concept" of a balcony, I spend most of my time at The One Pool with one big exception:

The balcony is just fantastic to have your morning cappuccino/espresso/latte with a couple of pastries. They're sooooo fast in bringing it to your room after you order it!

We always get a balcony, but the initial price was too $$ and we were just so thrilled to find a YIN so we figured that would be fine. I like the fact that the Deluxe Suite has a real bathtub and not just a shower. The extra space lets us spread out a little more, too. And thumbs up on the balcony as a place to have food/beverage, definitely a plus.

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Congratulations!

This is true.  But we also like balconies even in bad weather because of the huge 'window' that lets us see out and lets so much light in.  In port we may have to close the scrim, but still get most of those benefits.

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Nice!  I hope I do as well next November if we get a chance to bid on upgrading our YC room.

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

We always get a balcony, but the initial price was too $$ and we were just so thrilled to find a YIN so we figured that would be fine. I like the fact that the Deluxe Suite has a real bathtub and not just a shower. The extra space lets us spread out a little more, too. And thumbs up on the balcony as a place to have food/beverage, definitely a plus.

Hi we were just on Meraviglia and in a YC balcony  sorry to tell you it’s a shower not bathtub. It was a disappointment to me , but enjoy your cruise 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Oooops .... just saw emmas gran post  which made me realize you responded a few hours ago!

Yes - just a shower but they were very nice on Seaside.

And with the extra storage, you can adequately store all of the stuff that you'll take  *giggle*  from the minibar! (I just had to get some people riled up!)

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Not on Meraviglia, it is definitely a shower....but a fantastic cabin, and bathroom....enjoy!

Well that sucks, it's not a big deal to me, actually, but it's a HUGE deal to my wife. Now I look like a liar. 😔But I will say that CruiseMapper deck plan photos make it look like a bathtub. Well, that's too bad.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:14 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Did you happen to get your updated Embarkation form and luggage tags?  I bid for the YC and got it as well. I have been on hold with customer service for quite some time and not only once but four times and I still do not have the correct embarkation form or luggage tags. 

12 hours ago, Cruzlover7 said:

Did you happen to get your updated Embarkation form and luggage tags?  I bid for the YC and got it as well. I have been on hold with customer service for quite some time and not only once but four times and I still do not have the correct embarkation form or luggage tags. 

The shoreside butlers will tag your bags at the Yacht Club tent, so you don't need to worry about luggage tags.  They have a list of everyone in YC.  And I would not hold more than 5 minutes to sort out the boarding form.  They can sort that out in the boarding lounge.  Just take the paperwork showing your new cabin.  MSC''s customer service sucks.  My TA has told me I'm on my own if I book with them again.  She refuses to waste any more of her life on hold with them.  Many TAs will not work with MSC because of this.

Regardless of all this pre-cruise hassle, you will enjoy Yacht Club!