SAS shuttle service "their" hotel?

beshears

At this point, I am really thinking on using the SAS shuttle service, but I do have a question.  I found their website, and it list ALL the hotels that they serve.  My question, do we have to book a hotel on the SAS list, or can we just contact them to pick us up at a hotel that is on the SAS list?

LOL

You do like to complicate things 😁

I suspect  if you book to be picked up  at that hotel  location  you may not need to be  a guest   but just be at the pick up point on time

If you have to get transportation to the hotel pick up then it sort of defeats the purpose 

JMO

Unless you have 10-12 people to fill a van I doubt they will add another hotel stop just to accommodate your group. Those listed are the hotels they pick up at - plus at the FLL airport.  You can either stay at one of those hotels, walk/taxi/Uber to one of those hotels, or use your hotel's shuttle to get back to FLL for pick up. 

Thank you ALL for your comments.  Sorry I am making this so complicated. 😞 I have not done it, but I have been checking hotels.com for room, but with FREE transportation pick up  from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to their hotel.  So are you saying if I choose SAS service for the hotel that is on their list, I would have to "pay" for transportation to the hotel on their list, where if I go through hotel.com, the pick up at the airport to their hotel is free.

If you are at one of the hotels on their list then they will pick you up the day of your cruise and shuttle you to the port in Miami. If you choose a hotel that is not on their list for pick ups then you would have to get a ride to the closest hotel that they pick up to transfer to Miami. They only pick up on the day of the cruise from a select few hotels to make things efficent.

I do not  believe SAS  has hotel bookings

You book your own hotel however you want  if the hotel has a free shuttle  from the airport ... great

if not  use your choice of transport to get to the hotel

SAS will take you from one of the hotels on their list  to POM or PE what ever one you choose

make a reservation with SAS  to get picked up at one of the hotels  they pick up from or make your way back to the airport & get the SAS  shuttle there

LHT28, so if i am understanding you right, if I book a hotel that SAS has on their list of pick up areas, than I should be fine for them to pick us up (pay) and take us to the Miami cruise port, and pick us up after the cruise and deliver us to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

4 minutes ago, beshears said:

LHT28, so if i am understanding you right, if I book a hotel that SAS has on their list of pick up areas, than I should be fine for them to pick us up (pay) and take us to the Miami cruise port, and pick us up after the cruise and deliver us to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

yes but make your reservations ahead of time for the shuttles

Thank you for your reply.  Do you think a month or less would be alright to make reservations, or should I do it sooner?

P.S.  Just got the hotel booked that is on the SAS list of hotels, so I am a happy camper in that area now. 🙂

18 hours ago, beshears said:

P.S.  Just got the hotel booked that is on the SAS list of hotels, so I am a happy camper in that area now. 🙂

SAS also picks up from FLL. If you do not stay at a hotel listed on their website that has pickup at the specific hotel, you could stay at a hotel with a free shuttle to/from FLL and use their shuttle service back to FLL, for SAS to pick you up from the airport. Speak to Steve directly at SAS, number listed on site.

I"m really liking what I see with SAS...the problem I'm having with the website is that I can't seem to find prices for transports from Ft Lauderdale hotels to Port Everglades...and after the cruise, from PE back to FLL.  They quote prices to/from Port of Miami but nothing concerning Ft Lauderdale.  I'm pretty sure I've been through every page on the website but perhaps I've missed something....  

Does anyone know what the prices are for transports just within Ft Lauderdale?

2 hours ago, rgmacm said:

I"m really liking what I see with SAS...the problem I'm having with the website is that I can't seem to find prices for transports from Ft Lauderdale hotels to Port Everglades...and after the cruise, from PE back to FLL.  They quote prices to/from Port of Miami but nothing concerning Ft Lauderdale.  I'm pretty sure I've been through every page on the website but perhaps I've missed something....  

Not sure they service PE. The cab fare from PE to FLL is about $15+ on the meter, and Uber is closer to $10+ - why bother with a shuttle?

3 hours ago, rgmacm said:

I don't think they do FL hotels to FL port; it's very close.  Many of the hotels provide a shuttle for around $7 per person.

Are you aware that many of the hotels also provide shuttle pickup from the airport to the hotel, free or $2?

We have a hotel that is providing a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel...then TO the port on embarkation day for $10 pp.  That was the rate at all the hotels I checked (probably 15-20 🙂 )......  I never saw a $7 rate.  Where did you see that? 

I DID hear back from SAS this morning and they indeed don't do shuttles from PE to FLL.  I have looked for other options besides a taxi as we're a group of 4 and really need to stay together.  I wondered about the difficulty in finding a cab that would accommodate 4. 

I've now found Howard's Airport and cruise Transportation.  They have EXCELLENT reviews and a rate very comparable to taxi but keeping us all together.  We're going to go with them....I'll let you know how it goes 🙂 🙂 

Edited by rgmacm

rgmacm, we usually stay at 17th Street hotels (Holiday Inn, Extended Stay America, Hyatt).  Their shuttle rates were somewhat less than $10, at least when we used them.  If your hotel has a shuttle service, I think it is worth the $10 per person to just do it, since you want to keep the four of you together in transit.  Ease, and peace of mind, are worth it, IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rgmacm said:

We have a hotel that is providing a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel...then TO the port on embarkation day for $10 pp.  That was the rate at all the hotels I checked (probably 15-20 🙂 )......  I never saw a $7 rate.  Where did you see that? 

I DID hear back from SAS this morning and they indeed don't do shuttles from PE to FLL.  I have looked for other options besides a taxi as we're a group of 4 and really need to stay together.  I wondered about the difficulty in finding a cab that would accommodate 4. 

I've now found Howard's Airport and cruise Transportation.  They have EXCELLENT reviews and a rate very comparable to taxi but keeping us all together.  We're going to go with them....I'll let you know how it goes 🙂 🙂 

A mini-van taxi should accommodate 4 passengers plus bags, even if someone in your group packs like my wife.  Ask the hotel front desk to call the cab for you - they know who is reliable.  Fare from hotels near FLL airport to PE should be about $15+ on the meter for the cab - so maybe $5-6 each including the tip! 

• Like 1