Vancouver pier to airport?

thefog

1 minute ago, thefog said:

Best price to get to Vancouver airport from pier from our cruise and how long does it take because we have a early flight back.

fastest + best price = public transportation on the Skytrain "Canada Line". $4.75.

Roll your luggage approx 1 block to the Skytrain station just outside the Canada Place and ride directly to the airport in about 1/2 hour.

http://thecanadaline.com/

https://www.translink.ca/Schedules-and-Maps/SkyTrain/SkyTrain-Schedules/Canada-Line.aspx

Second the skytrain!   Super easy and drops right at the airport... Have done it twice now and wouldnt think of going any other route.  Wife and son and I did it with 1 full size luggage and a carry-on each.  You won't regret it! 

+1 for Skytrain.

Exit Canada Place and walk block straight ahead slightly to your left.  Ignore the tempting set of escalators marked "Skytrain" (the name applied to all of our light rail) as they lead to the wrong platforms.  Turn left on Cordova, and walk 2 blocks, big brick building on your left is Waterfront Station.

Once you're in the building, turn immediately left and take those escalators/elevators to the CANADA LINE.  You can use tap on your credit card to get through the ticket gates.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kfrech said:

I’d like to know how early too. I’m thinking of a 12:30 departure and I’m a bit nervous about it. 

The website for the Skytrain (www.translink.ca) indicates it can take as little as 25 minutes to get to Waterfront Station from YVR.  It's probably about the same in the other direction but I don't recall how long the trip was when I did it in May.

If you figure to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight (check-in, security, customs, immigration since you'll pre-clear into the US at YVR) figure to want to be at Waterfront Station around 9 AM or a little earlier.  If the ship is on time for a 7 AM "arrival" and you do the first-call self-assist walk off you should have plenty of time.  If the ship is late or there's a delay in clearing to disembark you start cutting into your reserve time.  Too much of a delay and you have to start hoping there aren't long lines at the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lstrong said:

Approximate taxi fare from pier to airport?  Have mobility issues.  Thanks

Ballpark $35 (CAD). No traffic, roadworks etc. more like $32-33, really busy day where just getting out of the pier takes a few minutes, more like $40.

Depending on how many ships are in port your wait for a cab could be well over an hour though - especially if you need an accessible cab (i.e. you're in a wheelchair/scooter) as these only make up about 1 in 6 of the fleet. So if you need the help of a porter with luggage and have an early-ish flight, you should really look at booking a car service (~$75 for towncar size, ~$105 for SUV) or even a cruiseline transfer (usually USD$29pp, absolutely outrageous price and will not take bookings for flights before 12:30pm, but if there's only 1 or 2 of you still less $ than a limo).

If you are physically capable of self-disembarkation, you can beat the bulk of the crowd even on a busy day and the cab queue will be short - but if you are capable of that, you're also capable of using SkyTrain! It's 100% accessible, all carriages on the Canada Line have dedicated wheelchair spots, elevators at both stations, and fully RORO trains (tiny gap, perfectly level with platform - even small suitcase wheels handle it just fine so any kind of mobility-aid will have no difficulty).