Balcony vaping

goaliemn

There’s a reason it is not allowed on airplanes.

They are allowed in carry on bags, but use is prohibited. Checked bags they are banned, but any large battery is.

I also keep them properly stored when not in use to lower any risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, waltlin37 said:

also no one mentioned the odor and harmful vapors you are passing on to you neighbors

I agree 100%. Smoker don’t care about anybody suffering due to secondhand smoke. Last year I lost 2 relatives to lung cancer (1 smoker converted to vapor, 1 secondhand smoker). I am very allergic to smoke and can not even ride in a car with smoke odor lingering in the cloth of the seats. Most rental car companies and hotels are offering smoke-free options.

• Like 2

While MSC may have a no smoking policy, each time I have sailed MSC I have experienced balcony smokers in neighboring cabins. This includes both YC and Fantastica. No smoking may be a policy, but based on my personal experience,  the policy is not at all enforced. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

While MSC may have a no smoking policy, each time I have sailed MSC I have experienced balcony smokers in neighboring cabins. This includes both YC and Fantastica. No smoking may be a policy, but based on my personal experience,  the policy is not at all enforced. 

Worth reporting if you are certain of the cabin location

Asthmatic and hate the smell

Smokers who break the rules don't care about anyone else... 

This is a common problem on all cruise ships unfortunately.  On Celebrity Equinox we had a hole burnt in the balcony chair with remnant of a cigarette.  On Preziosa YC we reported our French neighbours after they continued smoking after being told it was not allowed. The YC concierge was not very sympathetic but did talk to the people after I asked who was his superior and said I would take it further if it continued. Thankfully the French couple disembarked a few days later.

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

This is a common problem on all cruise ships unfortunately.  

Perhaps, but based on my experience the problem is much more common on MSC. I chalked it up to a large percentage of European clientele who tend to smoke more. Of my last 15 cruises, two have dealt with smokers on my neighboring balcony. Both were MSC sailings.

Of course,, this is not to say that everyone who sails MSC will deal with smokers, but IMO the odds of having smokers next door increases when the overall population of passengers smokes more.  Nothing against my smoking friends across the pond, just basic statistics.