Harmony Disembarkation Port Canaveral

It's doable, but risky. 

Typical departue just before 7. You could be in Orlando by 8.

I'd plan on pre arranged, early transport, not a shuttle.

When is your cruise?

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Not first hand but I’ve thought 8 am is about when they start to let people off.  
but that all depends on so many other factors.  
My personal opinion is that 10am in Orlando would be a no way in hell.  
With TSA lines,families,catching an Uber ,traffic,   No way.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's doable, but risky. 

Typical departue just before 7. You could be in Orlando by 8.

I'd plan on pre arranged, early transport, not a shuttle.

When is your cruise?

Didn’t realize as early as 7am?     

I purchased PreTSA this year and it’s been a game changer in the airports.   Best 85.00 for 5 years of travel.  

2 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Didn’t realize as early as 7am?     

I purchased PreTSA this year and it’s been a game changer in the airports.   Best 85.00 for 5 years of travel.  

Yep, they don't mess around, they need to turn over 12,000 passengers in less than 10 hours

30 minutes ago, MamaoftheSeas said:

Can anyone tell us when you were able to disembark?

We are hoping to catch a 10am flight from Orlando for a wedding. We can take our luggage off with us--so first off, I think. 

Any advice is appreciated.

What time is your scheduled arrival?

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Yep, they don't mess around, they need to turn over 12,000 passengers in less than 10 hours

I’ve just never left that early on any of my cruises lol.  My closest was a 12:30 flight in Seattle that’s why I got the pretsa.  And used it a bunch of times remember the few times I’ve been to Orlando the lines were crazy long because of Disney and universal.  
I guess it might depend on the day of travel too. 

40 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I’ve just never left that early on any of my cruises lol.  My closest was a 12:30 flight in Seattle that’s why I got the pretsa.  And used it a bunch of times remember the few times I’ve been to Orlando the lines were crazy long because of Disney and universal.  
I guess it might depend on the day of travel too. 

Harmony sails on Sundays 

6 minutes ago, MamaoftheSeas said:

Thanks everyone! Ship is supposed to arrive at 6am. Sailing on 1/5/20. Now to decide whether to chance it or not. We have pre-TSA and can walk off the ship with luggage into an Uber. Could be an adventurous "excursion."

What airline will you use

6 hours ago, MamaoftheSeas said:

Thanks everyone! Ship is supposed to arrive at 6am. Sailing on 1/5/20. Now to decide whether to chance it or not. We have pre-TSA and can walk off the ship with luggage into an Uber. Could be an adventurous "excursion."

With a 6am arrival, you should be able to get off the ship by around 6:45am or so if you are at the front of the self-assist line.  I'd get in that line around 5am or so.   Have your private transfer (not a shared shuttle) to the airport arranged ahead of time and you should be at the airport around 8am.

Wouldn't risk it unless your cruise is well after the railroad construction and roadway re-paving along the 528 is done. We've experienced delays between the port and the 417 interchange on our last three cruises out of PC this fall. What normally takes 35-45 minutes to pass the airport has averaged well over an hour lately.

The other unknowns are how many self-assist passengers queue up to "get of first", how many passengers are travelling without passports and have to go through customs the old way, and how many customs inspectors are actually on duty. We've watched the stream of selfies winding their way off the ship from our balcony, and even after a leisurely breakfast in the WJ and waiting until our number was called, we've seen some of them still in line waiting to go through customs when we get off the ship.

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Wouldn't risk it unless your cruise is well after the railroad construction and roadway re-paving along the 528 is done. We've experienced delays between the port and the 417 interchange on our last three cruises out of PC this fall. What normally takes 35-45 minutes to pass the airport has averaged well over an hour lately.

OP sails in 3 weeks. 

528 might be done in 3 years🤣🤣

I live in Central Florida and would NOT risk a time table as tight as this!  As a previous poster noted, there is construction and traffic on the 528 even on a Sunday.  It's an hour drive from the port to OIA.  Then, there's traffic at the airport, checking your bags, getting to the gate....even with TSA Pre-Check there will be a wait.   Book a later flight and enjoy your cruise and the wedding!

6 hours ago, MamaoftheSeas said:

Probably flying Jet Blue. Thanks so much!!!! You've all been sooooooo helpful. Sounds like it will add stress to a relaxing cruise, so we are going to go on a later flight.

Smart choice 🙂   

I was on this ship last month at this port and was the first one off ship.  The line to let you off was right around 0700.  But the line for this early departure starts lining up as early as 0500-0530.  So don't expect to leave your room around 0700 and just walk off.  The line can be extremely long and very slow depending on the age matrix of your cruise since everyone has their 40 pieces of luggage.  The face recognition was used and we basically walked right through immigration.  We went before a face reader, got a green light and keep walking.  Talked to no officers.  We were self driving and did not go to the airport.

Edited by DeputyDawg46

But the line for this early departure starts lining up as early as 0500-

agree ... we didn't get in line 'til 7 and did not clear until after 8

MCO now recommends domestic travelers be in the airport 2 hours before a flight.  TSA PRE not making much of a difference in peak times

1 minute ago, Capt_BJ said:

But the line for this early departure starts lining up as early as 0500-

agree ... we didn't get in line 'til 7 and did not clear until after 8

MCO now recommends domestic travelers be in the airport 2 hours before a flight.  TSA PRE not making much of a difference in peak times

Everyone who’s told me oh pretsa is no better than regular and I’ve had nothing but great luck at busy airports at rush hours.   So.  

but the OP it’s changing flights.   So it’s all mute now.   

We goofed around and were like the some last ones off a couple weeks ago , wandered out got our luggage , I didn't book anything so called a Lyft and was MCO at 10 or so . We had a 2:30 flight and was before the 4 out window . I would think if you were trying to get off it would be pretty easy to be there by 8 . But best laid plans LOL.