Picture-A-Week 2019 - Week 51

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, December 16 and Sunday, December 22.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

BAH!!  I have to wait until the end of January for my S. Caribbean cruise to get out of this weather.  On a positive note, I'm retired so I don't have to drive into work today.  BAH!  I have to go out and shovel the driveway.  On a positive note, there is potential for a white Christmas.  BAH!  If I want to go anywhere I will have to clean the snow off the car.  On a positive note, I own a car.

image.thumb.jpeg.e205eadefe432f295f824a5fb2e39e69.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well it's Christmas time, and I hadn't photographed my tree or decorations yet - too busy with travel and shopping in the weeks leading up to Christmas!  But last night, after relaxing, knowing I wrapped the very last gifts and am ready for the relatives and friends to come...and also wanting to play with the new camera, I took some Christmas-y shots of the tree, all handheld playing with the high-ISO ability on the camera:

The front side of the tree from the living room (and what can be seen through the front windows from outside):

original.jpg

Ornaments are mish-mash for me - I don't like the perfectly matched designer looking tree - for me, Christmas trees are real pines, and ornaments and lights are colorful and come from all different sources and places.  As I have Finnish relatives, I have a Finnish ornament (ISO 6,400):

original.jpg

I've also got German, Russian, Irish, English, and several Latin American ornaments from travels or relatives or friends, and lots of cruise ships too.  And some are just old traditional ornaments (ISO 6,400):

original.jpg

Lots of gifts under the tree - and one ship-related ornament is visible too (ISO 6,400):

original.jpg

Here's the tree from the *other* side, viewed from my office/library - you might spot a few more cruise ship ornaments, and my German (well, American-German to be accurate!) pickle (ISO 12,800):

original.jpg

More ornaments - another ship related ornament is peeking through too (ISO 6,400):

original.jpg

Edited by zackiedawg

We're buying tickets for the 2026 Winter Games! Well, maybe not quite yet. Friday was the local skating rink's annual Christmas show and we all showed up for Jackie's debut. It was her first time skating for an audience and while she wasn't quite ready for Olympic competition, she pulled off a heartbreakingly cute, no-fall routine without a hint of the expected freeze-up from the youngest solo performer of the afternoon. I can also confirm that in my unabashedly biased opinion, she was by far the cutest performer of the show skating to “Candy Cane Jane” dressed in her Christmas finery supplied by a doting great aunt with mad sewing skills. Yay, Jackie!

Candy Cane Jane

p3767736505-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pierces said:

We're buying tickets for the 2026 Winter Games! Well, maybe not quite yet. Friday was the local skating rink's annual Christmas show and we all showed up for Jackie's debut. It was her first time skating for an audience and while she wasn't quite ready for Olympic competition, she pulled off a heartbreakingly cute, no-fall routine without a hint of the expected freeze-up from the youngest solo performer of the afternoon. I can also confirm that in my unabashedly biased opinion, she was by far the cutest performer of the show skating to “Candy Cane Jane” dressed in her Christmas finery supplied by a doting great aunt with mad sewing skills. Yay, Jackie!

Candy Cane Jane

p3767736505-5.jpg

Dave

great shot!

Beautiful little girl!

5 hours ago, pierces said:

Candy Cane Jane

p3767736505-5.jpg

Dave

Adorable!!

On 12/23/2019 at 9:32 AM, pierces said:

Candy Cane Jane

p3767736505-5.jpg

Dave

We had a four-year-old soloist (partially with her mom) at this  year's show.

My granddaughter was the youngest at last year's show--she had just turned five and had a blast. I kinda miss skating with her.

I hope she continues skating--it truly is a life-long activity.