Sunrise wins best refurbished ship of 2019

jimbo5544

17 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

cruise critic readers or cruise hive readers. Never even heard of cruise hive but a win is a win is a win I guess.

Dance with who brung you

Edited by jimbo5544

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Sure to ruffle some feathers of the Sunrise haters, I saw this post this morning.  The Carnival Sunrise wins best refurbished ship for 2019 against some tough competition.  Congrats to the Carnival team and the builder for taking a tired Triumph and reemerging as the Sunrise.

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-sunrise-wins-best-cruise-ship-refurbishment-of-2019/36520

Very well deserved. I've been on the Triumph and the Sunrise. It's not even the same ship anymore. Plenty of new additions and upgraded/new décor. A beautiful ship that everyone I talked to on the ship just loved it.

7 hours ago, jmcathome said:

Must really be some Pitiful refurbished ships out this year if the Sunrise is the best or maybe it was the only one.

Come on you can say it with me, which one is the best (the rest are listed here BTW).....it is your Carnival Sunrise!  Love it when things work out so well.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Come on you can say it with me, which one is the best (the rest are listed here BTW).....it is your Carnival Sunrise!  Love it when things work out so well.

Did not say that the Sunrise was not the best, I said the rest must have been pitiful if the Sunrise was the best.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, nybumpkin said:

What I found interesting on this list is Norwegian Getaway, which is relatively new (2014). After only a few years they thought she needed a major redo?

I liked Sunrise, and we're booked on Radiance for August 2020. No, I don't like the Liquid Lounge. I didn't like it on Vista or Horizon either. That's a lost battle - the Carnival "beards" like it and I just avoid the Liquid Lounge. Not a problem, since we usually don't go to the Playlist Productions.

Also booked on the Radiance but not till feb 21 trying to do only referb or new ships now.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:19 PM, Stick93 said:

I think the CC editors picks are pretty accurate (not that anyone is asking me).

Carnival has been historically is the best value ships and price points. Carnival also is a slightly different product and vibe than the others. You cannot compare the Sunrise to Oasis as  it is two different products and the ships are miles apart. Even Navigator Seems from the picture to be a much better ship than Sunrise but I have not seen it first hand. I was on Freedom of the seas and that was much nicer ship overall than the refurbished Sunrise. 

I have found especially in NY the prices between the different lines are comparable - with Oasis and Adventure of the seas  coming this summer and similarly priced to the Sunrise and Radiance - I would be wondering what people’s thoughts are. We could also get some head to head comparisons from people who may do both. 

Agree the prices if you figure in the so called FREE perks and OBC all end up about the same. Most of the time you are actually paying for the freebies when you check the total package. Carnival, when they offer it is like $50.00 However the only one that is way out of line is Disney. There prices are a minimum of two to three times the price for the same exact cruise as other lines. Just because it is DISNEY.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:33 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Sure to ruffle some feathers of the Sunrise haters, I saw this post this morning.  The Carnival Sunrise wins best refurbished ship for 2019 against some tough competition.  Congrats to the Carnival team and the builder for taking a tired Triumph and reemerging as the Sunrise.

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-sunrise-wins-best-cruise-ship-refurbishment-of-2019/36520

Jeez Jimbo, I go to the main page of cruisehive and it seems they only have stories about Carnival.  One story about an MSC ship hitting the dock in Palermo, only other line mentioned.  Is cruisehive a Carnival booster or organ?

How many Carnival ships made cruise critic's awards?  One for Best budget family I think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronbe65 said:

Yes, it's funny.

How about this: " One of the biggest highlights of the refurbishment was the first dedicated Starbucks venue in the fleet ..."

Why not KFC?

I looked into this "highlight" on the Bliss. So boring! So provincial! Same inedible food. Isn't this cruise line able to arrange a nice specialty coffee shop under it's own name? Shame...

Happy cruising!

Shaqs chicken.

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

Jeez Jimbo, I go to the main page of cruisehive and it seems they only have stories about Carnival.  One story about an MSC ship hitting the dock in Palermo, only other line mentioned.  Is cruisehive a Carnival booster or organ?

How many Carnival ships made cruise critic's awards?  One for Best budget family I think.

Cruise hive is just the reporting, the awards came from organizations like travel weekly.  They are legit

30 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cruise hive is just the reporting, the awards came from organizations like travel weekly.  They are legit

organizations? It says Cruise Hive readers.

Carnivals skyride was also voted best over NCL’s go carts and Royals Abyss and NorthStar and Disneys Aquaduck.

I guess most readers On Cruise Hive are Carnival cruisers.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Carnivals skyride was also voted best over NCL’s go carts and Royals Abyss and NorthStar and Disneys Aquaduck.

Original vs copy cats and free vs pay.  Easy one

Edited by jimbo5544

This one is a real head scratcher... Panorama wins best new ship of 2019

Carnival Panorama won the category by a huge amount and has just recently started sailing for Carnival Cruise Line. The ship was constructed by Fincantieri in Italy and is the third Vista-class ship in the fleet. She recently celebrated her naming ceremony in Long Beach, California with godmother Vanna White and launched year-round Mexican Riviera cruises from the terminal on December 14, 2019.

It did beat out the RCI Spectrum of the Seas by a large margin. Geez the ship sails in China. How many of those people are voting on cruise hive?

How does a ship that has just started sailing 2 weeks ago win by a large margin. The more I read on this cruise hive the more it seems bogus.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Of those options above, I’d take the NCL one.

6 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

This one is a real head scratcher... Panorama wins best new ship of 2019

Carnival Panorama won the category by a huge amount and has just recently started sailing for Carnival Cruise Line. The ship was constructed by Fincantieri in Italy and is the third Vista-class ship in the fleet. She recently celebrated her naming ceremony in Long Beach, California with godmother Vanna White and launched year-round Mexican Riviera cruises from the terminal on December 14, 2019.

It did beat out the RCI Spectrum of the Seas by a large margin. Geez the ship sails in China. How many of those people are voting on cruise hive?

How does a ship that has just started sailing 2 weeks ago win by a large margin. The more I read on this cruise hive the more it seems bogus.

It makes me laugh when the loyal royals are shocked when Carnival comes out on tops in so many categories.   Is it truly hard to grasp that people like the cruise product of Carnival?  The fact that Royal ships their new ship to the Far East and it gets no recognition surprises you?

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It makes me laugh when the loyal royals are shocked when Carnival comes out on tops in so many categories.   Is it truly hard to grasp that people like the cruise product of Carnival?  The fact that Royal ships their new ship to the Far East and it gets no recognition surprises you?

The Carnival product is vastly different than Royal Caribbean’s product. The location of the ship can certainly influence its standing on certain awards as it could only be receiving limited feedback and those who experience it don’t have the tools, or desire, to share what they think.

There is no surprise Carnival wins certain categories. From my time on the Liberty, it’s clear that Carnival knows exactly who they want onboard and gears their product towards them. They know what they are selling and who they are selling it to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Why would it get recognition when nobody in the states cruise on the ship.

Now you throw the loyal Royal connotation around.  You are always one to want to have a "discussion" but you really don't participate except to throw out cryptic one liners.

Kind of impossible to have a discussion.

But OK you have worn me down. Carnival is the next best thing since sliced bread.🙂👍

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Why would it get recognition when nobody in the states cruise on the ship.

Now you throw the loyal Royal connotation around.  You are always one to want to have a "discussion" but you really don't participate except to throw out cryptic one liners.

Kind of impossible to have a discussion.

But OK you have worn me down. Carnival is the next best thing since sliced bread.🙂👍

I a tuallywas not referring to you with the loyal comment.  Was no trying to be cryptic either. I agree that a ship for China would not get recognition. The message implied there is where did Royal send the ship to?