Perfect Day At Labadee?

FlowBroTy

4 hours ago, BNBR said:

Why would I?  The charges items are not a surprise to anyone.  If you want a Cabana, balloon ride and water toys, they charge for it.  The island, in general, is very much complimentary.  Pools, towels, food, drinks with package, chairs, umbrellas, large splashaway bay, etc.  It's absolutely the opposite of a money grab.

And again, if you have been there many times, how could you possibly not know the umbrellas are free?  It's wall to wall umbrellas everywhere.  You can't miss them if you tried.

5 hours ago, BNBR said:

You would think CocoCay was some huge upcharge after reading this thread.  Other than the Thrill Waterpark, damn near everything is complimentary....

Your first quote as above ^  as " except for the Thrill water park...damn near everything is complimentary"....though I posted many charges that are additional...so we disagreed on the umbrellas (which was the only charge you took issue with).  I got my information from the RCI Blog on pricing for charged items at Coco Cay.  Sorry if that information was wrong...I did not write the blog. Thank you for posting the additional information. 

And yes I have been there many times, ...."how could I possibly not know the umbrellas are free?" ....I have never used the umbrellas...have no need for them.  The last time I was there we rented a Chill Island Cabana.  No umbrella needed there.  And believe me that Cabana was not free.  

Our usual favorite thing to do at Coco Cay had always been to walk the nature trail and enjoy some quiet time at the other end.  But of course you would know that about me right?  😉 Unfortunately now...that trail has been torn out, no access to the other end.  

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Your first quote as above ^  as " except for the Thrill water park...damn near everything is complimentary"....though I posted many charges that are additional...so we disagreed on the umbrellas (which was the only charge you took issue with).  I got my information from the RCI Blog on pricing for charged items at Coco Cay.  Sorry if that information was wrong...I did not write the blog. Thank you for posting the additional information. 

And yes I have been there many times, ...."how could I possibly not know the umbrellas are free?" ....I have never used the umbrellas...have no need for them.  The last time I was there we rented a Chill Island Cabana.  No umbrella needed there.  And believe me that Cabana was not free.  

Our usual favorite thing to do at Coco Cay had always been to walk the nature trail and enjoy some quiet time at the other end.  But of course you would know that about me right?  😉 Unfortunately now...that trail has been torn out, no access to the other end.  

Other than the Thrill Waterpark, damn near everything is complimentary.  What's changed?

2 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Why does a beach day/ experience have to have a theme?Can't we just chill at a beach? Not everything needs to be geared toward kids😕

It didn't even occur to me that Pirate Theme would be a kids thing.  I love Pirates!  If I want to just go sit on a plain beach, I have that 20 minutes away.  Cruise stops are more fun.  And really, look at CocoCay, if you just want to sit on a beach and have amazing facilities, Royal has done that.  I don't see Labadee being any different, only the bartenders will talk to you with a pirate voice... I hope this happens!

55 minutes ago, BNBR said:

It didn't even occur to me that Pirate Theme would be a kids thing.  I love Pirates!  If I want to just go sit on a plain beach, I have that 20 minutes away.  Cruise stops are more fun.  And really, look at CocoCay, if you just want to sit on a beach and have amazing facilities, Royal has done that.  I don't see Labadee being any different, only the bartenders will talk to you with a pirate voice... I hope this happens!

Not everyone has a beach 20 minutes away. You are lucky. I really don't need people talking to me in a pirate voice when I'm on vacation😊lol

• Like 1

I love the suggestion of a pool and snack shack for Labadee!   

We tend to avoid Labadee as an option because we live near beaches and aren’t big beach people and the bbq isn’t my jam - so those added things would really help!!

We are visiting CocoCay in april on Navigator.   Maybe it’s our ship but nothing is outrageously priced except the beach club floating cabanas...though I doneish the zipline was less expensive given it’s a single pass...we have a thrill water park cabana for $299...If we were a party of 6 this would be cheaper than admission and have the perks of a cabana...we decided the extra $100 was worth it for us for the day and would allow us to spend more time there than had we just done chairs.   (For those that said they would go to Orlando if they wanted amusement - we are Disney junkies and never stop to enjoy the beach or water parks when there are rides to be ridden - so this is perfect for us and a better choice than aquaventure (at a much higher price tag, longer lines and shorter time!!)

I would be happy if they would have  more attendants at the bars.

You have to go up and wait and wait till they take care of the "runners" that serve the beach guests until they turn around to give you your drink..............................

And on  Labadee I only drink bottled water or diet coke!!!!!  I do not have alcohol in the sun..........guess maybe I should.

I cannot believe how long the wait is (and this was on Barefoot Beach).  We rarely saw our assigned helper.

Safe travels

Happy New year

2 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

We are visiting CocoCay in april on Navigator.   Maybe it’s our ship but nothing is outrageously priced except the beach club floating cabanas...though I doneish the zipline was less expensive given it’s a single pass...we have a thrill water park cabana for $299...If we were a party of 6 this would be cheaper than admission and have the perks of a cabana...we decided the extra $100 was worth it for us for the day and would allow us to spend more time there than had we just done chairs.

We will be on the Majesty in September with a stop at CocoCay and rented the Thrill Water Park cabana for $499 which also included 6 water park passes!! Did you get that price of $299 with water park passes on a sale or is that the normal price? If a sale, I will definitely keep checking my reservation to see if the price comes down! Thanks!