Live from the Legend 1/5/20

jimbo5544

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Had to make the mandatory stop at Margaritaville

E3BEDDA0-3633-4DD6-92DE-AFCA22EE4A30.jpeg

Loving your review Jimbo! Well done! Let me ask you, how far is Margaritaville from where the tenders dropped you off? Withing walking distance?

On 1/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, Joebucks said:

I wish more cruisers were like you Jimbo. 36 Carnival cruises and can still enjoy himself without complaining about XYZ

I am also going on my 36th Carnival cruise in a week and you will never hear me complain about Carnival. Well, I have to take that back because I have stated I don't like the new show room design in the newer ships. I also enjoy reading Jimbo's reviews because he is always so upbeat.

Pat

• Like 2

1 minute ago, quickrate said:

I am also going on my 36th Carnival cruise in a week and you will never hear me complain about Carnival. Well, I have to take that back because I have stated I don't like the new show room design in the newer ships. I also enjoy reading Jimbo's reviews because he is always so upbeat.

Pat

Thanks for reading along. 

We were also booked on the first two Mardi Gras sailings . I actually never got a letter saying they had been cancelled, but thankfully, I read it on the fb site. I was totally depressed for that whole weekend. I was so looking forward to being on that new ship and seeing all those new, for me, ports. I was excited that you and your wife would be on it as well, since I have read all your reviews . My husband nd I are on the TA legend in June at least. I am anxious to read this review of the Legend. Thanks for writing .

11 hours ago, teacher34 said:

We were also booked on the first two Mardi Gras sailings . I actually never got a letter saying they had been cancelled, but thankfully, I read it on the fb site. I was totally depressed for that whole weekend. I was so looking forward to being on that new ship and seeing all those new, for me, ports. I was excited that you and your wife would be on it as well, since I have read all your reviews . My husband nd I are on the TA legend in June at least. I am anxious to read this review of the Legend. Thanks for writing .

My pleasure, we were extremely disappointed with the cancellation as well.  I am sure you will have a wonderful TA on the Legend.  Thanks for following along. 

Well, I just sailed Carnival #31 a month ago and I will complain about things when I think it's warranted!

Personally, just tired of the same old, same old on Carnival.  Currently looking for something this spring that's not Carnival.  Finding some great prices on MSC, even with drinks/internet/OBC packages.

BUT, I am booked on Legend for the final Med/TA in October and am looking forward to it.  Mostly because of the itineraries and the people I'll be travelling with (Quickrate and friends), but also because it's Legend.  I sailed Miracle twice and Pride once and just so much prefer the Spirit class ships.

Folks, if you also love this ship class, you really should consider sailing some other lines that have similar ships.  HAL's Vista class ships are very similar in size, layout, and space ratio.  Loved my cruise on Zuiderdam.

I do like the idea of a slightly earlier late dinner time.  At home, I eat early, but when I cruise I prefer to eat in the 7-7:30 range.  When DD and I boarded MSC Armonia last May and saw that late dinner that first night was at 8:45, I was not happy!  It was 8:30 the rest of the week (they sail from Miami later), but that's still later than I like.  Had to have pizza every afternoon to hold me over. 😁

I had Anytime on Paradise last month and after the 2nd night, when I found a table and wait team i liked, the lovely hostess asked me what time I'd be there the next night and they had the table available at 7 pm each night.  I think they bend over backward to accommodate the Diamond dining requests, even for Anytime.

As always, enjoying your review, Jimbo! 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Well, I just sailed Carnival #31 a month ago and I will complain about things when I think it's warranted!

Personally, just tired of the same old, same old on Carnival.  Currently looking for something this spring that's not Carnival.  Finding some great prices on MSC, even with drinks/internet/OBC packages.

BUT, I am booked on Legend for the final Med/TA in October and am looking forward to it.  Mostly because of the itineraries and the people I'll be travelling with (Quickrate and friends), but also because it's Legend.  I sailed Miracle twice and Pride once and just so much prefer the Spirit class ships.

Folks, if you also love this ship class, you really should consider sailing some other lines that have similar ships.  HAL's Vista class ships are very similar in size, layout, and space ratio.  Loved my cruise on Zuiderdam.

I do like the idea of a slightly earlier late dinner time.  At home, I eat early, but when I cruise I prefer to eat in the 7-7:30 range.  When DD and I boarded MSC Armonia last May and saw that late dinner that first night was at 8:45, I was not happy!  It was 8:30 the rest of the week (they sail from Miami later), but that's still later than I like.  Had to have pizza every afternoon to hold me over. 😁

I had Anytime on Paradise last month and after the 2nd night, when I found a table and wait team i liked, the lovely hostess asked me what time I'd be there the next night and they had the table available at 7 pm each night.  I think they bend over backward to accommodate the Diamond dining requests, even for Anytime.

As always, enjoying your review, Jimbo! 😃

Thanks for following along, maybe we can cruise together sometime.  

So it was a pretty good sea day,  sunny and really windy, really windy.  Saw a couple gusts top 40.   By mid afternoon the ship was rocking pretty good.   Later the tell tale signs of the barf bags by the elevators.  More later.  

The seas calmed down by rhe time the plat diamond return guest party came about.  Good thing, I was beginning to get a little green around the gills.  

Dinner the last night good, no surprises there.  Heading out again to enjoy the last night.  More later. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, jimbo5544 said:

So we talked to the Maitre’d about the change in dining times in the MDR from 6 and 8:15 to 5:30 and 7:45.  They are in their 5th week of the trial of these times, we think it works better, what are your thoughts?

First, let me thank you for the review.  We are doing the Legend Journey cruise in May with our credit from our Sunrise cruise.

We tried traditional dining for the first time on a Princess cruise a few years ago.  They also did the switch from 6 to 5:30 and we found it too early (not hungry, rushing excursions), but thought 8:15 would be too late for us (not knowing about the time changes until we boarded).  That convinced us to mostly stick to anytime/your time dining.  I'm glad it works for you, but I would want to know in advance of boarding what the actual times are - not be surprised with a 30 minute swing.

5:30 still sounds really early to me, but I can see the times working better for the shows (not sure why shows couldn't adjust though).

Is the theatre still a normal theatre like Pride, or removable chairs like Sunrise?  Do lido doors automatically open, or do you need to push a button?  Is there still just the one MDR on two floors, or do you have to navigate around a mid-ship galley? (Do you wish you didn't ask for questions 😉 )