Live from the Legend 1/5/20

jimbo5544

31 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

FYI. Apparently many people on this cruise came down with the flu since Fri. My husband woke up with it today. Got the flu shot but not from the same place I did so hopefully I won’t get it.

It is the season

12 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

FYI. Apparently many people on this cruise came down with the flu since Fri. My husband woke up with it today. Got the flu shot but not from the same place I did so hopefully I won’t get it.

Sorry your husband is sick.  I have been battling a mild case and also got the vaccine.  My understanding is you can still get the flu, it just shouldn't be as bad or for as long.  Hope you stay healthy and your husband gets well soon.

2 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Sorry your husband is sick.  I have been battling a mild case and also got the vaccine.  My understanding is you can still get the flu, it just shouldn't be as bad or for as long.  Hope you stay healthy and your husband gets well soon.

Vaccines are a deterrent, and under the best situations maybe 35% effective.   Last years was a particularly weak strain, maybe 5% 

Edited by jimbo5544

It’s sad they can’t get it together in the Piano bar!

it can be So Much Fun with the person singing along at the piano

we always have/had a good time at night before the adult comedy show.

i love going in and having a drink but the last cruise the guy was Bad...and 

actually wasn’t even open on a few nights

50 minutes ago, kids1stcruise said:

There def are good ones and some not quite as good.  

1 hour ago, kids1stcruise said:

I know what you mean. We’ve had subpar pianists on most of our cruises. I keep comparing them to the ones that work at Pat O’Briens piano bar in NOLA. Maybe Carnival should hire them. They would rock the ship! 

I really enjoyed your review and appreciate the time you spent doing it...especially always answering everyone's questions.  Here's one more question for you.  Could you please describe for me exactly what it's like once you enter the Tampa terminal until you actually step foot on the ship?  I'm in a Vista Suite and also have FTTF so I'm not concerned about boarding times.  Basically,  I'm concerned about how far I'll have to walk and whether there's an incline.  I have respiratory difficulties and use wheelchair assistance at airport terminals, but I don't want to request it here unless necessary.  I can handle a fairly short, flat walk.  I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

I've booked port excursions for my daughter, but I'm totally content to stay on my balcony.  I've never used a wheelchair, but I did order one to be delivered to my cabin for use aboard ship...just in case.  No, I have absolutely no interest in renting an electric chair or scooter.   My concern is embarkation.  Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Amberkin said:

I really enjoyed your review and appreciate the time you spent doing it...especially always answering everyone's questions.  Here's one more question for you.  Could you please describe for me exactly what it's like once you enter the Tampa terminal until you actually step foot on the ship?  I'm in a Vista Suite and also have FTTF so I'm not concerned about boarding times.  Basically,  I'm concerned about how far I'll have to walk and whether there's an incline.  I have respiratory difficulties and use wheelchair assistance at airport terminals, but I don't want to request it here unless necessary.  I can handle a fairly short, flat walk.  I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

I've booked port excursions for my daughter, but I'm totally content to stay on my balcony.  I've never used a wheelchair, but I did order one to be delivered to my cabin for use aboard ship...just in case.  No, I have absolutely no interest in renting an electric chair or scooter.   My concern is embarkation.  Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words in the review.  When u enter terminal there is security then escalator upstairs to check in and onto the ship.  In total maybe 20

minuted, we got there at 11:45 and on the ship shortly after noon.  The gangways go down to enter on 3.  

I haven't had the time to check out Cruise Critic since the Holidays, so missed this as it was going down "live."

I do appreciate this review, we will be on the Legend in 31 days (not that I am counting!)  The recent info is much appreciated!

10 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

I haven't had the time to check out Cruise Critic since the Holidays, so missed this as it was going down "live."

I do appreciate this review, we will be on the Legend in 31 days (not that I am counting!)  The recent info is much appreciated!

Thanks for following along

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks for following along

I was on that cruise and have been following your review since returning. A question has come up that you might have some insight for me. We unfortunately left a jacket in the closet. Doubly unfortunate since we were flying to MN. While at the airport, I found a lost and found form and submitted it. I listed the description, cabin number, and location in the cabin. I feel there is no way a passenger would have found it as the cabin would have been gone over by housekeeping before embarkation.

We are getting form letter updates that our “lost” item has not been “found”. We gave it time to be returned to the port in case it got set aside and sailed another week. Is there any way I can contact the housekeeping supervisor to find out if it was turned in? Is there a standard email address format such as there is for maitre’d on the ships? There should be a paper trail if it was turned in.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.

47 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I was on that cruise and have been following your review since returning. A question has come up that you might have some insight for me. We unfortunately left a jacket in the closet. Doubly unfortunate since we were flying to MN. While at the airport, I found a lost and found form and submitted it. I listed the description, cabin number, and location in the cabin. I feel there is no way a passenger would have found it as the cabin would have been gone over by housekeeping before embarkation.

We are getting form letter updates that our “lost” item has not been “found”. We gave it time to be returned to the port in case it got set aside and sailed another week. Is there any way I can contact the housekeeping supervisor to find out if it was turned in? Is there a standard email address format such as there is for maitre’d on the ships? There should be a paper trail if it was turned in.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.

I would co tact the icares team.  Did you book thru a TA?

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I would co tact the icares team.  Did you book thru a TA?

Thanks. I will look for the icares team. I did use a TA this time but unfortunately she was very incompetent and would never use her again. The search goes on.

2 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Thanks. I will look for the icares team. I did use a TA this time but unfortunately she was very incompetent and would never use her again. The search goes on.

You will need your booking number when you contact them.  Good luck.   For the record, someone in our group on another sailing left a watch and it was found and returned.  .  

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You will need your booking number when you contact them.  Good luck.   For the record, someone in our group on another sailing left a watch and it was found and returned.  .  

Well, calling the icare number was no help. Automated response said if you are calling about a lost item, fill out the form online. Goodbye.

Will try email.

Update: email response was “Should your item be found, we will notify you. There is no other information to provide.”  I had asked if they log turned in items. Might have felt better if they had just lied and said they would look into it. Very disappointing. Makes it sound like they turn a blind eye to whatever cabin stewards wish to do with anything they find.