Can you bring mini blender aboard for personal protein shakes

cdoobiest

I feel stupid for asking this question but my father in law wants to bring his mini Magic bullet smoothie machine on board.  He drinks this special smoothie with a specialty protein powder he swears keeps him healthy.  

I told him I do not believe RCCL will allow this but I saw this was not a prohibited item on the list.  I did mention he could just buy smoothies on board the ship and he can bring in his protein powder to add to the shake but he thinks it won't taste the same and the ship's smoothies will have to much sugar (he is diabetic).  

If anyone has any input this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

6 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

I feel stupid for asking this question but my father in law wants to bring his mini Magic bullet smoothie machine on board.  He drinks this special smoothie with a specialty protein powder he swears keeps him healthy.  

I told him I do not believe RCCL will allow this but I saw this was not a prohibited item on the list.  I did mention he could just buy smoothies on board the ship and he can bring in his protein powder to add to the shake but he thinks it won't taste the same and the ship's smoothies will have to much sugar (he is diabetic).  

If anyone has any input this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

On Rhapsody the standard was NO electrical appliances of any kind. Also no extension cords except those provided by the ship. I think this policy varies from ship to ship as I've seen fans and other stuff brought aboard with no problems.

Edited by crazyank
added comment

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

On Rhapsody the standard was NO electrical appliances of any kind. Also no extension cords except those provided by the ship. I think this policy varies from ship to ship as I've seen fans and other stuff brought aboard with no problems.

Blendjet uses a USB port and will work for your protein shake. Plug it in to any usb port or charging brick.

I believe it's Vitality but it was located right at the entrance to the spa.  The smoothies are included with the refreshment package but I don't believe their protein powder is included with that.  Not sure if they would add his protein powder for him.

4 minutes ago, luvsun22 said:

Where onboard do you have them made? 

There is a “healthy” smoothie bar by the spa.  They sell smoothies, other drinks, and limited food.  I think it’s called Vitality cafe?  You can even use your drink package there (I believe they charge you a little bit if you add protein to your drinks).

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 1

Just now, vacationlover_mn said:

There is a “healthy” smoothie bar by the spa.  They sell smoothies, other drinks, and limited food.  I think it’s called Vitality cafe?  You can even use your drink package there (I believe they charge you a little bit if you add protein to your drinks).

Thank you!

On 1/18/2020 at 7:39 AM, smakl said:

I believe it's Vitality but it was located right at the entrance to the spa.  The smoothies are included with the refreshment package but I don't believe their protein powder is included with that.  Not sure if they would add his protein powder for him.

He can certainly ask, but my guess is they would not add it, as they would be adding an "unknown" substance to a blender used for other guests, and that probably violates some kind of health code policy.  He could certainly add it in himself though, once served.

Since it is not on the prohibited list, he can try to bring the blender.  I would have a backup plan.

I would be curious to know what is in the smoothie besides the protein powder.  If it is just a special protein powder I would pick up a Blender Bottle and have him practice with that at home.  I think the metal whisk in the Blender Bottle works better than other shaker bottles.

If his smoothie starts with something besides just protein powder, then have the ship blend that, dump the smoothie in the Blender Bottle, add the protein powder and shake away.

Buy the tall Blender Bottle, not the short one.  BTW, I do not work for whoever owns Blender Bottle, I just like the product when not near a blender.  😀

• Like 1