Majesty skipping Nassau due to high winds tomorrow

thrifty99

For anyone interested, Majesty is skipping Nassau and returning to Key West tomorrow due to high winds / rough seas expected near Nassau tomorrow. 

We had great weather yesterday in Key West and an awesome day at Coco Cay today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

For anyone interested, Majesty is skipping Nassau and returning to Key West tomorrow due to high winds / rough seas expected near Nassau tomorrow. 

We had great weather yesterday in Key West and an awesome day at Coco Cay today. 

How was the ocean & pool water? Warm enough to go in?

• Like 1

Brilliance was just rerouted late this afternoon to Cozumel and Costa Maya after leaving Key West due to the same weather system. We're on her in two weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens. When we initially booked, we were going to Cozumel but they changed the itinerary to Coco Cay and Nassau. 

1 minute ago, fonekween said:

Brilliance was just rerouted late this afternoon to Cozumel and Costa Maya after leaving Key West due to the same weather system. We're on her in two weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens. When we initially booked, we were going to Cozumel but they changed the itinerary to Coco Cay and Nassau. 

Weather now has NOTHING to do with weather in two weeks. 

• Haha 2

We are on mariner and arrived at Nassau at nine tonight. We were scheduled to arrive  at  8 AM tomorrow morning. Earlier this evening Captain told us that there would be high winds  tomorrow so we came in early. 

Today we shared coco cay with majesty. 
m

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are on mariner and arrived at Nassau at nine tonight. We were scheduled to arrive  at  8 AM tomorrow morning. Earlier this evening Captain told us that there would be high winds  tomorrow so we came in early. 

Today we shared coco cay with majesty. 
m

Odd that we haven't crossed paths

Apparently we're sharing CC with Navigator on Thursday now

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

How was the ocean & pool water? Warm enough to go in?

There were some who went in, but majority enjoyed the nice sunny day in the beach chairs. It was too cold for us. I do wish they heated the large pool on Coco Cay. I would not have wanted to be in the water park. Cold water and windy not for me. 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Instead of compensation for skipping a port, I understand this is a trial program where they plan to charge guests for the option to miss this port.  

It's sort of like the kindergarten teacher who collects money from parents to NOT be the family that takes the classroom rat home for the summer.  😄 

2 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

There were some who went in, but majority enjoyed the nice sunny day in the beach chairs. It was too cold for us. I do wish they heated the large pool on Coco Cay. I would not have wanted to be in the water park. Cold water and windy not for me. 

Thank you. Will be there 2/11 water for us will probably be too cold then. We were there in November & the water was cold for us then. Also wish it were heated. 

5 hours ago, Namelocg said:

It should be nice in Key West tomorrow. Sunny with a high of 64. Mid to high 50's in the morning.

When we lived there that was rare to have such temps. Whoever lives there hope you enjoy it. 

I also agree KW is way better than Nassau.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When we lived there that was rare to have such temps. Whoever lives there hope you enjoy it. 

I also agree KW is way better than Nassau.

Would love if our cruise went to KW instead of Nassau. 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Odd that we haven't crossed paths

Apparently we're sharing CC with Navigator on Thursday now

Also heard about  Navigator. I think we were with her in December. It wasn’t crowded today with majesty

Maybe we can meet each other  tomorrow ( yikes just looked at the tine, I guess I mean today). We have breakfast in Chops, are you generally there? 
m

m

• Like 1

We all have to meet with a customs official before we will be allowed to leave the ship in Key West. I assume this is due to some odd law about not having visited a foreign port. 

They are doing it by muster station. First one starts at around 11:00 and goes until around 1:30. People won’t be happy they can’t get off for hours. 

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

We all have to meet with a customs official before we will be allowed to leave the ship in Key West. I assume this is due to some odd law about not having visited a foreign port. 

They are doing it by muster station. First one starts at around 11:00 and goes until around 1:30. People won’t be happy they can’t get off for hours. 

I wonder if suites and Pinnacles get a shortcut

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

If you have visited a foreign port prior to reaching KW then KW is a port of entry that requires processing by CBP.  If KW is the first port of call after embarking in the US then normally CBP processing isn't required.  

You visited CocoCay correct?  If so you've been to a foreign country and are returning to the US so CBP requires all guest be processed.

Or did I misread the thread?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Navigator is casting lines now,  headed to sea from what I understand 

Why?  Just turned around and yes, she is pulling out. Did they let passengers off this morning?   Where is she going?  
m

Edited by cruisegirl1