Stockholder credit for Back to Back cruises

DaveOKC

Question:  How much On Board Credit (OBC) should we be getting when we book two 7 day cruises back to back?  I know that a single 7 day cruise earns you $100, but a 14 day cruise earns you $250.  We have different booking numbers and this is not a Collector Cruise or a 14 day sold by HAL.

47 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

We booked the same on the Veendam in November, two 7 day cruises.

our OBC was $125/ cruise

Barbara 

Just for clarification: You only received $125 stockholder credit on a 14 day sailing? The OP is talking stockholder credit. Your number seems low. I would think $200 would be the minimum ($100 obc for each 7 day).

• Like 1

On a 7 day cruise your stock OBC is $100.   If you are doing two 7 day cruises you will receive $200.   If you combine the two under one booking, it would be a 14 day cruise and you would receive $250.   You may want to see if HAL will combine the two, but check what impact that might have on pricing and other ‘perks’. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Just for clarification: You only received $125 stockholder credit on a 14 day sailing? The OP is talking stockholder credit. Your number seems low. I would think $200 would be the minimum ($100 obc for each 7 day).

The poster said it was $125 PER cruise I think.  $250 total, which is very nice IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Question:  How much On Board Credit (OBC) should we be getting when we book two 7 day cruises back to back?  I know that a single 7 day cruise earns you $100, but a 14 day cruise earns you $250.  We have different booking numbers and this is not a Collector Cruise or a 14 day sold by HAL.

We just did this on the Oosterdam in December. Two booking numbers so it was $100 OBC for each cruise.  

You could try to get the $250 but with 2 booking numbers I doubt it.

Edited by canadianbear

While you may lose $50 with the B2Bs, I am assuming that with 11,000 posts you must have cruised long enough to be 5-star Mariners.  If so, you gain an additional two free Pinnacle Grill dinners, an additional $30 internet credit, and can bring an additional bottle of wine aboard without a corkage fee.  Double that for two in a cabin.  Probably a better deal than doing it as a collector voyage.

15 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

5-star Mariners. ... and can bring an additional bottle of wine aboard without a corkage fee.

That's news to me, and I have been a 5* Mariner since the level was created. 
Is this new? When did it start? (rhetorical question: and why haven't I heard about it???)

• Like 1

Just now, RuthC said:

That's news to me, and I have been a 5* Mariner since the level was created. 
Is this new? When did it start? (rhetorical question: and why haven't I heard about it???)

I think you misunderstood, Ruth.  (Or, more likely, I wasn't clear.)  The extra wine has nothing to do with 5-star status, just that you are taking two cruises instead of one.  Guess I should have been an English instead of a math major in college.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Sorry, I mean to say $125 per booking per 7 day. So in total $250 for 14 days. When I faxed  my shareholder Certificate I made sure to include both booking #’s with date of each

Edited by woodworker&knitter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

Sorry, I mean to say $125 per booking per 7 day. So in total $250 for 14 days. When I faxed  my shareholder Certificate I made sure to include both booking #’s with date of each

that is great info- thank you for sharing. Good of Hal too 🙂

5 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

When was your cruise?  Our PCC at HAL submitted our shareholder benefit for us yet we only received $100 for each 7 day cruise in December 2019.  (I feel ripped off, lol)

2 minutes ago, woodworker&knitter said:

We were on the Veendam Nov 20- Dec 4, 2019.

Now I really feel ripped off, lol.  

What is funny is that when we got to our cabin there was a letter welcoming us to our Collector cruise!  Guess I should have saved that and asked for $50 OBC owed to us.   Oh well.

12 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

While you may lose $50 with the B2Bs, I am assuming that with 11,000 posts you must have cruised long enough to be 5-star Mariners.  If so, you gain an additional two free Pinnacle Grill dinners, an additional $30 internet credit, and can bring an additional bottle of wine aboard without a corkage fee.  Double that for two in a cabin.  Probably a better deal than doing it as a collector voyage.

I was not looking to get an extra $50 in OBC, I was just wondering what to expect - either way is fine with me, it is what it is.  Good points about getting the extra Pinnacle meals and Internet credit - THANKS.

1 hour ago, semibeater said:

If you fax your CCL holdings info and point out both voyage #'s and it is 14 days total you will get $125/7 day segment in OBC. Just did it this week for Amsterdam cruise this summer. I did not use PCC.

Thanks.  I will do.

• 2 weeks later...