Bringing water or soft drinks onboard

As water is heavy and you must carry this on not give to porters for checking, best to order the water in advance and have it delivered to cabin.  Also gives you more allowance for the soda, as you don't have to limit either to meet the 12 total containers.  ICE is available from the cabin steward on request.  They will replenish daily of as needed.

5 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

As water is heavy and you must carry this on not give to porters for checking, best to order the water in advance and have it delivered to cabin.  Also gives you more allowance for the soda, as you don't have to limit either to meet the 12 total containers.  ICE is available from the cabin steward on request.  They will replenish daily of as needed.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes on water and soft drinks.  Not sure what you mean by "Ice".

You are allowed 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages per stateroom, each no larger than 500ml.

Sparkling ICE is a brand of flavored carbonated water.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can bring bottles or cans. I know it does say 12 per stateroom but I have never seen them ask anyone in line if they were in the same stateroom as someone else in line. The worst that will happen is they will pull you aside and search your carryon to make sure it’s not alcohol. So bottles of ICE should be fine. 

13 minutes ago, mariefisher said:

You can bring bottles or cans. I know it does say 12 per stateroom but I have never seen them ask anyone in line if they were in the same stateroom as someone else in line. The worst that will happen is they will pull you aside and search your carryon to make sure it’s not alcohol. So bottles of ICE should be fine. 

I'v seen then stop passengers checking if Alcohol and counting numbers of Soda, at 3 different Ports. Catching and stopping them, including passengers in same cabin. Guess if you separate, you could cheat. If means that much to you....

You may have misunderstood what I wrote. I never said to bring more than 12. But I do think they may think the bottle of ICE could look like a beer bottle. If that’s the case they would check her carryon. She would be fine as it is allowed to be brought on the ship. But in over 50 cruises and I carry the limit, I have never been asked who I am traveling with when they pulled me over because they thought I had liquor in my bag.  It was a 2 second search and I was on my way. 

I have to take a tablet before breakfast- like many people I find it annoying that I have to buy water for medical purposes.

However. 

We are not sailing from our 'home port' so we already have luggage restrictions with little time for supermarket shopping before embarkation, but we do have the opportunity to buy drinks at our ports of call. 

So, rather than buy the 12 x 1 litre bottles of Evian water, can I bring enough small bottles of any brand water I like on board for my morning tablet?

I recall on another ship of another line that there were small bottles of not so well known 'brands' of  water available at the the self service restaurant. Is this the same at the Windjammer? 

And on top of that can we also bring bottles or cans of drinks like Pepsi on board?

We are not big wine drinkers, but we do like a 'local' cherry brandy or similar in the evenings watching the world go by from our balcony,  can we bring that onboard? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, No Sea Legs! said:

I recall on another ship of another line that there were small bottles of not so well known 'brands' of  water available at the the self service restaurant. Is this the same at the Windjammer? 

And on top of that can we also bring bottles or cans of drinks like Pepsi on board?

No small bottles of water available. 

Yes you can bring 12 cans or bottles of any non alcoholic beverage on board per cabin.

plenty of free water on board to take your medicine..  you can drink the tap water in your cabin as well.  

6 hours ago, No Sea Legs! said:

I have to take a tablet before breakfast- like many people I find it annoying that I have to buy water for medical purposes.

You do not have buy water. There is free water all over the ship. You can get a glass of water in the Windjammer or at any bar. The tap water in your cabin is fine.