EZ Air same flights less

Alaska05

I just checked our booking for this June for round trip London.

We booked with EZAir when they were having a $200 sale.  When I checked today the exact same flights were $98 less total for my husband and I.

Can I refare with the exact same flights?  Is it worth it for $98?

52 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

We booked with EZAir when they were having a $200 sale.  When I checked today the exact same flights were $98 less total for my husband and I.

10 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Yes and yes!

Completely agree. For a couple of clicks, save $98!

10 hours ago, El_Snocat said:

What was your previous promotion? 3 For Free with $200 off Air? The new promo doesn’t have the OBC that 3 For Free did. 

Re-faring EZ air doesn't require you to refare the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

Yes. and Yes. Just call Princess air.

5 hours ago, EV2008 said:

but if it did not have the $200 off the air and you re-fare the air it will change the previous promotion 

To see if you can save money, just go into your personalizer for that specific cruise and review your ezair flights. Go into "travel," "add or modify flights", "change flights" (this just shows you your flights, not affecting current reservations at all), search for the new flights you want,  it will then show you the new prices vs. the prices you have currently.  If less, go ahead and rebook.  You make sure of the new flights this way and then the old ones are automatically cancelled. Doing it this way in no way affects your actual cruise booking and freebies. Just did that today.  There were no sales involved but my return flight from Rome to Denver went down $325pp and I grabbed the last two seats available.  Went in a couple hours later and the prices were $600pp more!   $300pp more than my original booking!  You just have to keep checking and be in the right place at the right time!  I have been checking daily since last October and this slight window of pricing was the first time pricing had gone down from when I had first booked flights!  It's like a treasure hunt to me!

Pooh

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

Thanks all.

When I had checked the airfare I was using a dummy new booking.  When I was logged in and checking my current cruise, the lower fare did not come up, but I'll keep checking.

IMO
I say it all the time. Doing a mock booking does not always bring up correct pricing when you go back to your booking to book it. As you discovered it can be misleading.
IMO
I think EZ Air works so well to re fare through the booking I don’t waste my time doing mock bookings.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

IMO
I say it all the time. Doing a mock booking does not always bring up correct pricing when you go back to your booking to book it. As you discovered it can be misleading.
IMO
I think EZ Air works so well to re fare through the booking I don’t waste my time doing mock bookings.

I did a mock booking yesterday to see what I could get in the way of round trip pricing. I have 3 linked cruises and it only lets me book one-way. Doing a mock booking of just the first segment let me see round-trip pricing. Looks like I will need to contact Princess (or maybe I'll need to have the TA do it, not sure how that will work) in order to un-link the cruises as round-trip pricing is quite a bit less than the two one-way flights. Hopefully, once I get the cruises un-linked, the better pricing will still show up. I'm actually wondering, after I un-link the cruises and book round-trip airfare, can I then re-link them without messing up the flights. I'm not even going to try to mess with any of it on the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I did a mock booking yesterday to see what I could get in the way of round trip pricing. I have 3 linked cruises and it only lets me book one-way. Doing a mock booking of just the first segment let me see round-trip pricing. Looks like I will need to contact Princess (or maybe I'll need to have the TA do it, not sure how that will work) in order to un-link the cruises as round-trip pricing is quite a bit less than the two one-way flights. Hopefully, once I get the cruises un-linked, the better pricing will still show up. I'm actually wondering, after I un-link the cruises and book round-trip airfare, can I then re-link them without messing up the flights. I'm not even going to try to mess with any of it on the weekend.

I wouldn’t think that you could relink them without causing an issue?

Hopefully when you call they will advise you on that aspect.

46 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thrak are you trying to unlink the cruises to book roundtrip or multicity?

Round trip. As it stands I can only book outbound on the first leg and return on the third leg. It looks to be significantly less expensive to book round trip associated only with the first leg. We just need to get to Melbourne and back.

Edited by Thrak

Thrak,  I understand what you are trying to do.  Roundtrip in normally the least expensive.  I am doing a multi city to Europe this spring and if could get round trip it would have saved me several hundreds per person.  Good luck when you speak with Princess.

UPDATE: I called Princess today and asked about un-linking the cruises so I could book round trip air fare via EZ Air. Amazingly, I got through really quickly. The gentleman I spoke with understood immediately what I wanted and why. He said he didn't think round trip would necessarily be less expensive and did a quick check of his own. He seemed surprised that I was right about the pricing and told me I would have to have the TA remove the linking of the cruises. I thanked him and immediately called the TA. She said she would contact Princess, remove the cruise linking, and also remove my existing one-way outbound and return flights. I knew it could take a while so I said to just send me an email to let me know it was done.

A short while ago I got the email and a surprise. The cruises we have booked are B2B2B - 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days. The TA said that, as long as she was looking at the bookings, she checked pricing as well. She was able to get a reduced price on the first leg for and saved us $529. Wowie Zowie! (This is the same TA who added on the free WiFi without being asked and who got us the free beverage package on the 6 day segment when Princess doesn't normally offer the package for Australian cruises that short.)

I checked EZ air and the TA had removed my previously-booked flights so I checked out round-trip pricing. I now have the same flights as I had before but now booked as a round-trip instead of two one-way flights. The cost was $1,014 less than before. Awesome!

Between the fare reduction and the reduced flight costs we saved a total of $1,543. Well worth a few phone calls! As a friend of mine might say, "WAHOO!!!" 😁😎😍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

UPDATE: I called Princess today and asked about un-linking the cruises so I could book round trip air fare via EZ Air. Amazingly, I got through really quickly. The gentleman I spoke with understood immediately what I wanted and why. He said he didn't think round trip would necessarily be less expensive and did a quick check of his own. He seemed surprised that I was right about the pricing and told me I would have to have the TA remove the linking of the cruises. I thanked him and immediately called the TA. She said she would contact Princess, remove the cruise linking, and also remove my existing one-way outbound and return flights. I knew it could take a while so I said to just send me an email to let me know it was done.

A short while ago I got the email and a surprise. The cruises we have booked are B2B2B - 6 days, 13 days, and 14 days. The TA said that, as long as she was looking at the bookings, she checked pricing as well. She was able to get a reduced price on the first leg for and saved us $529. Wowie Zowie! (This is the same TA who added on the free WiFi without being asked and who got us the free beverage package on the 6 day segment when Princess doesn't normally offer the package for Australian cruises that short.)

I checked EZ air and the TA had removed my previously-booked flights so I checked out round-trip pricing. I now have the same flights as I had before but now booked as a round-trip instead of two one-way flights. The cost was $1,014 less than before. Awesome!

Between the fare reduction and the reduced flight costs we saved a total of $1,543. Well worth a few phone calls! As a friend of mine might say, "WAHOO!!!" 😁😎😍

Congrats Thrak!  I looked into my b2b's and have done the airfares separately.  Went in to check RT instead and found out it would be way more expensive.  I guess because I booked early and then on return flight they had a ridiculously low price available for two people and I grabbed it. Was only there for a couple hrs and then gone.  Now my flights separately would be outgoing ($9255 vs mine of $1514!) and returning ($2060 vs. mine of $1344) for a total of $2858pp.  If I were to book as a RT now it would be $4419pp.  So I guess what I learned is to book first thing when available AND check to see which way may be cheaper!  Seems like your TA is like mine-always checking, checking.  I am my own TA by the way!  Grin.

Pooh