Availability of drinking water

MrsSmith815

Good morning. My husband and I are sailing on the Panorama August 15th. We are primarily water and unsweetened iced tea drinkers. It's been many years since I last cruised and when I did, I was a heavy soda drinker. We plan on ordering bottled water for our cabin. My question is this, if I don't carry bottled water around the ship with me, can I order a glass of water at any bar? I feel like when I cruised previously you probably had to purchase bottled water everywhere. I know I can obviously order water or tea at dinner, but what about at the buffet? 

On our 5 day Dream cruise last July, that's all we drank during dinner in the MDR. The water on ship taste good to us. Better than what we have here in Arlington. Any time we were in our cabin, I would drink water from the bathroom faucet and suffered no ill effects whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrsSmith815 said:

Well I plan on buying a small amount of bottled water for the cabin, because I like to have water available at night and this seems like the best option for that.  I am obviously trying to avoid buying additional bottled water which is why I inquired about ordering glasses of water.  Thanks so much however for sharing your opinion. 🙄

We tell the room steward to make sure we always have ice. When we tun in there is always a full glass of ice water in it. So we pour it in a glass to use during the night. In the morning it is mostly all melted and now we have ice water to take our medication. Tastes good also. You can always bring a glass of ice water to your room.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

We tell the room steward to make sure we always have ice. When we tun in there is always a full glass of ice water in it. So we pour it in a glass to use during the night.

In the morning it is mostly all melted and now we have ice water to take our medication. Tastes good also. You can always bring a glass of ice water to your room.

Something to consider. It is wise, when in a hotel or cruise ship, to request a plastic liner be placed into your ice bucket. Never trust an ice bucket to be 100% clean. People often use ice buckets when they need to vomit & can't make it to the bathroom on time. Don't drink directly from them. 

✌️

• Like 1

Many Carnival bars have a self serve water dispenser with clean glasses lined up next to them.  Just walk up, get a glass and pour your own cold water.

When returning to the ship after a port tour, Carnival has followed the lead of other cruise lines and placed a few different flavored water like lemon or orange as well as plain just outside the gangways.  I find it refreshing to stop for a cold drink after walking through the maze of shops and the pier.  It's great when they have a towel exchange right there as well.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Something to consider. It is wise, when in a hotel or cruise ship, to request a plastic liner be placed into your ice bucket. Never trust an ice bucket to be 100% clean. People often use ice buckets when they need to vomit & can't make it to the bathroom on time. Don't drink directly from them. 

✌️

Over the past few years they have always placed a plastic bag in the bucket.

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Bottled water unless it is sparkling or flavored is nothing more than filtered tap water. period. Plus the problem with plastic.

Want filtered water? Buy a drinking bottle with a filter in it. Used in camping. Insulated. Problem solved. reusable and you have bottled water. FREE!

Agreed. We never purchase bottled water onboard. I’ll grab some if it’s included in a bev package. Otherwise we just bring large refillable bottles and fill those. I’ve also drank water from the tap in the bathroom. It’s fine to drink though may not be cold enough for you. I like room temperature water so I don’t care.

Is it at all possible to just ask a question and get an answer without a bunch of unasked for opinions? When I used to cruise more frequently, I used to use this forum all the time and don't remember being this uncomfortable. I have to say, I am so unimpressed that a simple question about the availability of something onboard could cause people to start calling each other cheap. I will continue to read topics on this board, but I will never post another question again. 

To those of you who simply answered the question that I asked, thank you very much. It is very appreciated. 

1 minute ago, MrsSmith815 said:

Is it at all possible to just ask a question and get an answer without a bunch of unasked for opinions? When I used to cruise more frequently, I used to use this forum all the time and don't remember being this uncomfortable. I have to say, I am so unimpressed that a simple question about the availability of something onboard could cause people to start calling each other cheap. I will continue to read topics on this board, but I will never post another question again. 

To those of you who simply answered the question that I asked, thank you very much. It is very appreciated. 

Truer words have not been spoken. It happens every time. Hundreds of posts about butter. Go figure.

• Like 1