Fantasy out of Mobile

tinykygal

We seldom cruise Carnival except when we just need to escape cold weather on a budget and able to drive to port.

We sailed on Fantasy Our of Charleston a few years ago and are considering Mobile.

I just finished reading an October 2019 failed inspection health report.

While it seemed critical enough to earn a 'failed' score, I am curious if you folks who cruise the Fantasy out of Mobile have experienc d displeasure with her cleanliness?

I love cruising. Any cruise. The closest port to me is Mobile, so I have cruised from there on the Fantasy. It is a good ship. It's called little, but there is lots of room and it doesn't feel crowded at all to me.

Bottom line: if you look for rust you will find rust, even on a new ship. If you look to be offended or disappointed you will be offended and or disappointed.

But if you are looking for a quick little trip to have fun, guess what, you will have fun.

42 minutes ago, wms99 said:

I love cruising. Any cruise. The closest port to me is Mobile, so I have cruised from there on the Fantasy. It is a good ship. It's called little, but there is lots of room and it doesn't feel crowded at all to me.

Bottom line: if you look for rust you will find rust, even on a new ship. If you look to be offended or disappointed you will be offended and or disappointed.

But if you are looking for a quick little trip to have fun, guess what, you will have fun.

42 minutes ago, wms99 said:

Thank you for your reply.

Those types of things don't bother me.

We sailed her out of Charleston and it was ok.

Health issues were my concern, but bets suffering in this cold weather.

1 hour ago, tinykygal said:

Thank you for your reply.

Those types of things don't bother me.

We sailed her out of Charleston and it was ok.

Health issues were my concern, but bets suffering in this cold weather.

Hey neighbor. We sailed the Fantasy back in June and had a great time. It was a typical Carnival cruise. I didn't see any appreciable differences from the other ships I have cruised on. One nice bonus - Mobile was the best embarkation/debarkation port I have ever been to. It was sooo easy getting on and off the ship.

Think of it this way, if it failed inspection, then they will be doubly careful, that it wont again.  We have cruised on her two times, loved it, and the staff!  And we have two cruises booked on her again this year and one for next year with a Horizon cruise between.  We love the Fantasy, and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

And it is the easiest embarkation that we have seen, however, disembarkation has not been so great for us.  They keep having to throw us off the ship when we get back!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

If you do go to Mobile for the Fantasy and stay the night before the cruise, I highly recommend going to Felix's Fish Camp Restaurant near the Battleship.  Great food, drink and service and overlooks the bay.