Is GSC a Port Day?

KruzinKiwi

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 1:16 PM, geegee1 said:

Is it still a port day, as far as the spa is concerned, if GSC is a no go because of the weather?

I would guess that it depends on when they know. Since the savings are usually posted about in the daily, if the weather is bad enough that they know (or are pretty sure) it's a no go they won't post the savings, but if the daily has the savings I wouldn't see them walking back from it if it turned into a sea day. (But I'll never say never.)

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

if you are docked, tendered and can get off the ship, it's a port day. if it's any consolation, (although itsbeen a few years ago) i wouldnt bother to get off the ship for stirrup caye. Much ado about nothing

Thanks.  We might get off for a while but will probably spend most of the day on-board. That's why I was interested in the spa certificate.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, KruzinKiwi said:

We have a spa credit which is only valid on port days.  Our question: Is the day our cruise spends at Great Stirrup Cay counted as a port day for the purpose of using the spa credit?  Thanks!

Be careful trying to use it, in our case it was only good for the upcharge or higher end services not for the basic things.

28 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Be careful trying to use it, in our case it was only good for the upcharge or higher end services not for the basic things.

I never heard of this although we are not familiar with the spa pricing structure (just that it is expensive...) So you are saying it wouldn't be applied to a basic massage for example?  Perhaps only to the products they are pushing?

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

if you are docked, tendered and can get off the ship, it's a port day. if it's any consolation, (although itsbeen a few years ago) i wouldnt bother to get off the ship for stirrup caye. Much ado about nothing

We love Great Stirrup Caye. Really wish it was included in more Caribbean itineraries.

2 hours ago, KruzinKiwi said:

I never heard of this although we are not familiar with the spa pricing structure (just that it is expensive...) So you are saying it wouldn't be applied to a basic massage for example?  Perhaps only to the products they are pushing?

@zqvol offers a great warning.....  the spa is operated by a third party company so make sure you read the T&Cs completely. Alot of times it is for a more complex service not just a massage. 

39 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

@zqvol offers a great warning.....  the spa is operated by a third party company so make sure you read the T&Cs completely. Alot of times it is for a more complex service not just a massage. 

I don't think that this is correct. It is not valid for discounted services. Or port specials. It needs to be a full cost service. 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I don't think that this is correct. It is not valid for discounted services. Or port specials. It needs to be a full cost service. 

Which is what I said..... it's for complex services and not just a simple massage.