Where is the MoveUp site?

gojocruise

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

At the top left of the Celebrity main page is what many people call a "Hamburger" which is the menu.   Open the menu and you will see MoveUp as an option.

I think it must only be available on the US site as the UK/GB one doesn't show it as an option at all?  Tried to go incognito to find it but my laptop keeps going to the UK site. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gojocruise said:

I have read that some people go to the 'MoveUp' site to submit bids for upgrades. 

I cannot find this site at all.....

Can someone point me in the right direction and provide a link / web address

Cheers, Jo

I just google- Celebrity Move up and easily find it-  Good luck-  need you reservation number, last name and if you decided to bid a credit care #.  You can back out as long as your bid isn't accepted about one to two  weeks before the sailing information will be provided.

7 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I just google- Celebrity Move up and easily find it-  Good luck-  need you reservation number, last name and if you decided to bid a credit care #.  You can back out as long as your bid isn't accepted about one to two  weeks before the sailing information will be provided.

Google's my best friend and my next door neighbor.   

To be fair in the UK it doesn’t directly work. What you have to do is scroll all the way to the bottom of the main page and change from UK to United States. Then once on US page use the search option for move up, then you can enter your reservation number and see if you can try. In all my cruises it has never appeared under manage reservation. 
Wendy

33 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

To be fair in the UK it doesn’t directly work. What you have to do is scroll all the way to the bottom of the main page and change from UK to United States. Then once on US page use the search option for move up, then you can enter your reservation number and see if you can try. In all my cruises it has never appeared under manage reservation. 
Wendy

Wendy, you're a star. Thank you everyone that assisted me. I have now found it. Although its not showing that I can bid on an upgrade. Oh well, will stick with my Aqua class room and enjoy Blu 🙂 24 days and counting...…….

34 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

On our Canadian (not US) site, after signing in, we have to go to Manage Reservations, then to the box that says "Upgrade Your Statement in a Few Simple Clicks"   It is not clearly titled MoveUP.   Sounds like different places different methods.      

3 minutes ago, gojocruise said:

Wendy, you're a star. Thank you everyone that assisted me. I have now found it. Although its not showing that I can bid on an upgrade. Oh well, will stick with my Aqua class room and enjoy Blu 🙂 24 days and counting...…….

So glad I could help - I remember getting so frustrated when following other people’s directions and realising it just wouldn’t work in the UK. Enjoy Aqua class!!!

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

Wendy

Thanks, Wendy!  That works.  You have to be within 30 days of sailing (it says).   So I have a while to wait 🙂

2 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Thanks, Wendy!  That works.  You have to be within 30 days of sailing (it says).   So I have a while to wait 🙂

Not exactly. If you can get to the Moveup page enter your reservation number and last name. I put in a bid for a mid April move this week. Seems if X has lots of open cabins it is available early. Some get invites, but if your TA put you into a group room block - no invite.

And UK/Australia with a completely different cruise contract are likely not eligible.

3 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Good luck.  I don’t think my move up bid will be successful.  However if it is, somebody will get a sky suite s2 and be very happy 

I bid about 45 days out

• Like 1

I had to laugh today as I was waiting for a MoveUp to appear for our April Edge cruise.  We are currently booked in an AQ cabin and the minimum bid for a Sky Suite is $1,000 which is over $500 more than the current Guaranteed Rate and less than $200 for booking an actual cabin.  I took a pass.

So never having cruised on X, and this being only my second cruise, I have a ?.  We’ll be on the Solstice in cabins 9280/9282.  Our TA helped us select these rooms as it’ll be close to the elevator (I’m traveling with my 85 yo mother).  Reading all of the move ups, this is better, that might be nice, etc., should I attempt to bid up to a different category?  I like having our cabins together, but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker if we could get a significantly upgraded cruising experience. 

1 hour ago, MEcruzr said:

I'm  not 100% sure on this, but I thought I remembered reading that in order to receive a move up bid offer from X you have to enable promotional emails from them. 

You are correct about getting an e-mail invitation.   You don't need an invitation.   Just go to the link and put in your name , ship and  reservation number and BAM ---

As I’m now back in the UK I thought I would try the link again, but no, as I explained above it doesn’t work directly for us - it defaults to a sorry, this page cannot be found. Hence why we have to use a work around to check until/if we receive an email.

In the past I’ve had an email and the links on those do work but only for that sailing. strangely the link did work directly in Poland! 
Wendy

31 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

As I’m now back in the UK I thought I would try the link again, but no, as I explained above it doesn’t work directly for us - it defaults to a sorry, this page cannot be found. Hence why we have to use a work around to check until/if we receive an email.

In the past I’ve had an email and the links on those do work but only for that sailing. strangely the link did work directly in Poland! 
Wendy

That's a bummer -   Have you tried using a VPN an spoof your location?   There are a number of VPN services that are free for 30 days trial

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's a bummer -   Have you tried using a VPN an spoof your location?   There are a number of VPN services that are free for 30 days trial

The work around works (making sure to change location to Unites States etc) - I just wanted to point out that the link those in the US can use doesn’t directly work for those in the UK and it wasn’t people doing anything stupid! I know I’m one of the first to think I’ve done something wrong rather than realising what works in one country won’t work the same one in others.

Wendy

12 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

The work around works (making sure to change location to Unites States etc) - I just wanted to point out that the link those in the US can use doesn’t directly work for those in the UK and it wasn’t people doing anything stupid! I know I’m one of the first to think I’ve done something wrong rather than realising what works in one country won’t work the same one in others.

Wendy

Good to hear.   Hope you win your upgrade.

I use VPN often to be able to access Netflix when out of the country.