RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

6 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

That's a very naive statement indeed. There are many, many regular cruises who are also stockholders. So they have a vested interest in the financial performance of RCL group. Why on earth would they not discuss significant changes to the share price of a cruise line they have vested interest in on a sub forum dedicated to Celebrity cruises?

The share price and shareholder benefits which are very real to those taking cruises on RCL ships have been discussed on this very forum for many years yet I don't recall people whinging about it then? 

If you can’t see how very wrong this is given what’s happening just now nothing I say will change your views. The fact you call it “Whinging” says everything. I will leave your small group in your scramble to maximise your profits. I’m sure if you have a family member effected they will also be fascinated.

1 hour ago, Life Buoy said:

I really wonder if RCL and Celebrity really have a crisis management plan? There plan should have been developed a long time ago and implemented as soon as the current crisis was apparent. They should have been ahead of the story and not let the story become guesses and rumors. A really effective plan might provide a cushion for the stock price. Now there is uncertainty about itineraries, compensation and future plans. I feel that the note from your doctor will hurt bookings, since some will simply choose to cancel rather than see a doctor, if they have one. Or, really people who could jeopardize others will simple forge a signature. Higher cruise prices will simply drive potential passengers away. All this will negatively impact the stock price as price really reflects future confidence. I would urge the management to level with the public about their plans and keep those booked in the loop. 

A final thought: Respond on Cruise Critic. You could clarify mistatments, answer questions, or simply inform.

Its Bankruptcy, and thats the bet I am taking with Shorting the stock.

Also the 3 things that will save American lives due to Corona Virus

1) Tom Hanks getting it

2) NBA shutting down and thus all sports

3) Stocks - yes this capitulation will scare people

Yes it awful people are dying from this, but remember the 1918 Spanish flu brought the Roaring 20s, Does Covid do it again.

All because some dude in China wanted to eat a BAT!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorky said:

If you can’t see how very wrong this is given what’s happening just now nothing I say will change your views. The fact you call it “Whinging” says everything. I will leave your small group in your scramble to maximise your profits. I’m sure if you have a family member effected they will also be fascinated.

Wrong? How so? I invest in shares regularly. I do so to ultimately provide for my family. Can you even attempt to explain what is wrong with that? Are you saying that no one should buy shares in cruise lines right now? 

Think about that for a moment... Have you any idea what would happen if no one did? 

You appear to be in Glasgow. That's a city with horrendous alcohol and drug abuse problems. It's so bad that the average life expectancy is almost 10% lower than the rest of the UK! So why are you on here discussing first world issues and planning luxurious globe trotting trips when people all around you are dying? I wonder if you can see the irony of your posts on a luxury cruise forum? 

• Like 1

RCL expanded the suspension from just the US to the entire fleet.  Does that mean you should buy Monday?  Like anything else, it's still a risk because the suspension could get extended, even multiple times.  Also, how was it up on Friday?  It opened at $37 and closed at $32.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Rise friday likely due to short covering now that the bad news is out.  Can't imagine why anyone would want to buy though.  Cruise lines could be shut down for quite a while.  If you really want exposure to a cruise stock suggest looking at Disney.  At least they still have positive cash flow and you can bet the theme parks will be packed as soon as they reopen.  Cruise market will take longer to recover.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

RCL expanded the suspension from just the US to the entire fleet.  Does that mean you should buy Monday?  Like anything else, it's still a risk because the suspension could get extended, even multiple times.  Also, how was it up on Friday?  It opened at $37 and closed at $32.

Because it was after hours trading that made it go to $37,   low volume trading.

The opening price is figured off the prior day's closing price,  not the after hours price.  

4 minutes ago, kimberpuppy said:

Because it was after hours trading that made it go to $37,   low volume trading.

The opening price is figured off the prior day's closing price,  not the after hours price.  

It was actually trading above $37 for a short while on friday morning before dipping to $28 and back to $32. 

It will be interesting to see what the opening prices for RCL, NCL and CCL will be on monday after the suspensions have been announced. There's a lengthy thread on the NCL share price on the NCL board for those interested. 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:09 AM, yorky said:

I think some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Maybe you could have a word with those suffering and let them know it’s ok because your are doing well out of the situation.

Yes, many are dying and I am terribly sad that this is happening.

But feeling terrible about those losing their lives does not mean that our ordinary lives should not continue. Are you suggesting that trade should be suspended on all cruise lines and air lines so that there would be no apparent loss or gain on these stocks until the virus has passed?

Please believe that I share your concerns for those that are suffering and losing either their lives or livelyhood because of this situation.  However, that does not mean that I cannot still make whatever financial decisions I believe to be the best for my future at the same time.

4 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Yes, many are dying and I am terribly sad that this is happening.

But feeling terrible about those losing their lives does not mean that our ordinary lives should not continue. Are you suggesting that trade should be suspended on all cruise lines and air lines so that there would be no apparent loss or gain on these stocks until the virus has passed?

Please believe that I share your concerns for those that are suffering and losing either their lives or livelyhood because of this situation.  However, that does not mean that I cannot still make whatever financial decisions I believe to be the best for my future at the same time.

I just find this thread incredibly insensitive and pretty crass given the situation we all find ourselves in. I don’t understand how many of the intelligent individuals on here can’t see that. Personally I don’t care if some posters want to insult me, it’s only words and water off a ducks back. I understand people make financial decisions every day but a debate on when to purchase shares in a cruise line in order to make a profit, when those shares are dropping because many thousands of people are ill does not sit well with me. I’ve been posting on here for many years and my opinion of some long standing posters has dropped like a stone which is sad. And yes I know they won’t care about that one jot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorky said:

I just find this thread incredibly insensitive and pretty crass given the situation we all find ourselves in. I don’t understand how many of the intelligent individuals on here can’t see that. Personally I don’t care if some posters want to insult me, it’s only words and water off a ducks back. I understand people make financial decisions every day but a debate on when to purchase shares in a cruise line in order to make a profit, when those shares are dropping because many thousands of people are ill does not sit well with me. I’ve been posting on here for many years and my opinion of some long standing posters has dropped like a stone which is sad. And yes I know they won’t care about that one jot.

while I hear what you are saying, let me ask you this:

- do you still read your favorite book?

- do you still listen to music?

- do you still support your favorite soccer team?

In other words, does your every day life go on?

I sure hope it does - and it can and should! While all of us need to deal with this serious situation, take precautions and have to show empathy for those already affected, life must and shall go on! It’s the best way to handle the situation.

Believe it or not, investments are the best way for this industry and any other business to recover as fast and as good as they can when this is all over. Which in turn will help all of us. So I don’t see much wrong (besides some unsubstantiated advice) in this discussion - in particular because it does not hurt or harm anyone affected by corona.

5 hours ago, yorky said:

This whole thing is blown so far out of proportion, that it is sickening.    This originated in one of the most disgusting places on earth, where people are packed into sardine cans without access to proper medical coverage, and the world death count is 6,000 people.

Millions have it,   and those testing positive is around 165,000 right now.   

China had a whopping 25 new cases in the last 24 hours.      It's already ran it's course there.

Last year the US had over 11,000 drunk driving deaths,  but nobody is saying we have to ban alcohol.    But instead the media hype wagon is causing panic and fear across the nation of a virus that only really affects a small portion of the population.

This hype has destroyed a $150 billion dollar cruise industry that is obviously going to bounce back.   Why you think it is insensitive to talk about when the proper time to jump back into the market is beyond me. 

Moby - if Alaska goes away until at least July and Europe probably gone till fall, what is RCL worth then. In 2009 it went under $10.

No predictions but I ask is there more good news or bad news coming?  Important that X has committed billions of dollars in new construction and returns - how much of that can be delayed?  How fast will passengers return when this is over?  Since the higher risk of cruising to older passengers has been shown; will some older passengers not return?  Will that investments are down some 1/3 effect cruising?  Is the US govt offering aid?

Without getting into a technical discussion it appears there is a large possibility for a continued decline in the next 90 days.  Hearing BK mentioned by brokers is not a good sign.

Sensible and on topic thread on NCL (Nowegian, Oceania and Regent cruise line owner) share price here :-

Sensible and on topic thread on CCL (Carnival, Princess, Holland America Line,  Seabourn, Cunard, AIDA, Costa, P&O and P&O Australia cruise line owner here :-

Edited by Moby Jones

Would agree with our one morally outraged poster if this thread was about profiteering off others misery like maybe scalping  N95 masks or Purell at outrageous prices.  It's not. The price of cruise line stocks is a proxy for the industry's outlook.  Those looking to buy are expressing optimism that business will eventually rebound.  See nothing wrong with that.  There are threads on other boards discussing the survival chances of some privately held lines.  See nothing wrong with that either.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yorky said:

I’ve said this before on here and I’ll say it again.

The Coronavirus has basically stopped life on Earth as we know it.  It’s stopped everything from the NBA, NCAA, cruises, schools, travel, and pretty much the entire economy.

What it has sadly failed to stop is my bills.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 1

I jumped in on Friday and bought my first batch of RCL. I am going to buy more on Monday. I admit it is mostly a gut feeling based on my experience with the company and  reviews with other cruisers like those on this site. I do believe that RCL will come back. Not to the level it had previously, but it will be enough to provide a goo ROI. I am also betting on the the OBC sticking around as well as the dividend but due to the recent drop, everything could change in the next few months. It was nice that the stock went up a bit at the end of the day of Friday but we will have to wait and see.

As noted above, no one should buy these stocks unless you have to where with all to sustain losses on the amount that you invest. If you want something safe, go with mutual funds. There are a lot of bargains now and to come in the next few months.