UBER XL

BridgeMates

6 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Thank you to those who answered my question.

I didn't know exactly where to post it.  😍

We used Uber XL first time in Fort Lauderdale this year and were impressed by speed of arrival, size of car and quality of vehicles...Nice not to need cash too. We used from hotel to ship then ship to airport. Both good experiences.

We use Uber all the time. Great conversation with our driver from the Fort Lauderdale cruiseport to airport recently. Quick service. Glad to help out a fellow celebrity cruiser no matter where you post. I find the boards overwhelming to say the least. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I would not assume it will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Howdy neighbor! 🤠

IMHO if it is safe enough to cruise, then it will be safe to use either Uber or Lyft.

• Like 1

Howdy neighbor! 🤠

IMHO if it is safe enough to cruise, then it will be safe to use either Uber or Lyft.

I agree about safety but I don’t think it is safe to assume the new normal will be the same as the old normal. Uber and Lyft are taking big financial blows. Hopefully they will survive but it is possible one or both may fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 4/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, grimpil said:

Is uber readily available at port of miami? Is there a special area for ridesharing? We normally use shuttle service but we have a 11am flight departing from fll

I had an Uber pick me up within 10 minutes of requesting. You may want to download the Lyft app before your cruise as well just in case of a long wait

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you by looking at my Uber app that there are no where near the cars around here as there were prior to this virus.  Not sure what will happen when things pick up and open.

Also FYI, Uber will now require masks for both drivers as well as all passengers starting May 18 and the front seat will no longer be allowed.    Will change how many can fit into cars.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, steve20832 said:

I had an Uber pick me up within 10 minutes of requesting. You may want to download the Lyft app before your cruise as well just in case of a long wait

I've always had both apps downloaded.  In addition to checking for available drivers, I've often found one to be a fair bit cheaper for the same route so it's nice for that comparison perspective as well.

Definitely will be a different experience going forward, but I think there's definitely still going to be a market for it.