Currently sailing on Oasis - I didn’t cancel 🎉

I am on Anthem at the end of the month and cant help to have some anxiety.  I am already educating my kids on proper hand washing before after getting their food.  I hope everything goes as plan and we start to see a decline on this virus.   

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Here’s my seapass card 

23462670-7443-423D-89EB-81700AB8075D.jpeg

Thank you!  They have changed.

I was specifically wondering about the colors of the Royal Suite Class cards.  They used to be black-star class, plum-sky class and, baby blue-sea class.  I read an article that they changed the colors in 2020 but I think it was just on the Harmony and the Symphony.  I haven't been able to verify anything on the Oasis. 

It's not terribly important other than just plain old curiosity.  We have a sky class suite booked on the Oasis in April and I was thinking we would get a different colored card (other than blue) for our collection.  🙂    

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Corn Syrup and Guar Gum.... my two favorite foods....😒 Artificial flavor is probably the healthiest chemical in the mix.

Good thing I don’t eat any sugar - especially corn syrup 😳

8 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Someone is in his office 😀 I have had the pleasure of meeting Mario on a previous cruise, but still stopped to say hi.

D3D7C6C5-A12C-40B3-B9CC-51D0F3489256.jpeg

Maybe it's just me, but if I were him, I'd be facing the sea  🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m wondering what the half life is on the polysorbate 80 is 

Do you guys realize how much time, effort and ingredients it would take for Royal to make the needed amount of ice cream from scratch daily?

7 minutes ago, lowbass said:

Do you guys realize how much time, effort and ingredients it would take for Royal to make the needed amount of ice cream from scratch daily?

With the right equipment it’s not that difficult.  You do realize that they make all their breads and rolls on board.  

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With the right equipment it’s not that difficult.  You do realize that they make all their breads and rolls on board.  

I believe they use premix stuff because all-natural recipes will turn grainy after a few hours in the soft-serve machines. 

5 minutes ago, SF said:

Thanks for taking the time to post and keep us all updated. We'll be on Oasis in

April. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks! I’m posting because I scoured these boards for weeks before this cruise  searching for something positive in the midst of CV taking over all media - so that’s the theme of this thread - life goes on, on land and at sea 😀

• Like 3

Good morning from somewhere between Miami and St. Maarten 😎 

The Captain gives regular updates and reports on channel 42, and what I am really enjoying are the detailed weather reports and wave height information. Our weather so far has been really good with sunny skies - however there’s been a fair bit of wind which has made for a bit of motion on the ocean and even Lady O feels it. Personally, I like it - especially at night being rocked to sleep 😊 Both Aqua 80’s shows were canceled last night, and have been rebooked for this evening. 

The food has been great to excellent, and we have a really full and fun table in the MDR. 
Today is more laziness at sea 😀

• Like 1

Robyn your first post is exactly how I hope to be feeling two weeks from now, my educated brain keeps telling me to turn off the news and tune out but it’s everywhere.  I planned this cruise to get away from work stress and now I also can’t wait to have a news free week, there’s a pool lounger waiting for me.  I know you travel quite a bit, wondering if you are taking any extra precautions this time around? Enjoy and relax!

24 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Robyn your first post is exactly how I hope to be feeling two weeks from now, my educated brain keeps telling me to turn off the news and tune out but it’s everywhere.  I planned this cruise to get away from work stress and now I also can’t wait to have a news free week, there’s a pool lounger waiting for me.  I know you travel quite a bit, wondering if you are taking any extra precautions this time around? Enjoy and relax!

Lucky you - I wish I could hop on another cruise right now and get away from the constant news on the virus.  Honestly, I'm surprised all news channels don't have a 24 hour ticker on the screen with new # of cases reported.  

55 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

That’s not entirely a fair question, because I’m hyper germ alert all the time. That being said, yes, I do find myself doing extra this time around. I completely sanitized my cabin when I first got access to it, and I am constantly either washing or rubbing purell on my hands - more than usual. The good thing is, we all are. I can definitely notice passengers taking many more precautions on this cruise. 

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are off the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Can you see it off the starboard side of the ship? Carnival Horizon is well ahead of you off tbe starboard bow.

Good morning to my personal GPS 😊

I am currently in the Windjammer and I’m directionally challenged while in here so finding starboard may be a problem lol 😂 

32 minutes ago, mek said:

Lucky you - I wish I could hop on another cruise right now and get away from the constant news on the virus.  Honestly, I'm surprised all news channels don't have a 24 hour ticker on the screen with new # of cases reported.  

I SO do not miss that!! I know what’s out there but tired of the constant reminders....

3 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Good morning to my personal GPS 😊

I am currently in the Windjammer and I’m directionally challenged while in here so finding starboard may be a problem lol 😂 

Starboard.... top of the rock wall.... look to your right.

20 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Managed to find Clamato so all good in my world too! 🇨🇦

All hail Caesar!  

15 hours ago, Garnet of the Seas said:

I was specifically wondering about the colors of the Royal Suite Class cards.  They used to be black-star class, plum-sky class and, baby blue-sea class.  I read an article that they changed the colors in 2020 but I think it was just on the Harmony and the Symphony.  I haven't been able to verify anything on the Oasis. 

Even on Symphony and Harmony last year they changed over the year.  Star Class hasn't been a black card for a while on those ships.  They are variables of the same colours you noted.

10 hours ago, mpk said:

Maybe it's just me, but if I were him, I'd be facing the sea  🙂

Maybe he doesn't want you to see him on Cruise Critic. 😂

33 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

That being said, yes, I do find myself doing extra this time around. I completely sanitized my cabin when I first got access to it, and I am constantly either washing or rubbing purell on my hands - more than usual. 

The good thing is the extra sunscreen will keep your hands from drying and cracking.  Mine look like alligator skin right now.  

SW Ontario weather today, foggy and 4C.  It is so bad that our son's school bus was cancelled.  Owen is heart broken.😉

Edited by A&L_Ont