Food for thought, or rather $$ tips for crew.

Yehootu

We are counting on going on our B2B cruise starting next week. I’m an airline pilot who was fortunate to get home the night before of 09/11..  My family, wife 2 children 16/13 had their father at home. I know what that meant to them. There are many crew members that aren’t going to be able to get home to their families durning this coronovirus epidemic. These crew members are still required to give us as guests the same experience as we expect from a Princess Cruise.I hope all of those that continue to cruise and enjoy the Princess experience give some compassion and possibly $$ to these hard working, crew members. I know we will. Ships will be less full for awhile, so longer times to wash hands, lets keep the crew happy.

Aloha Spirit lives worldwide. See ya at a bar onboard.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We are counting on going on our B2B cruise starting next week. I’m an airline pilot who was fortunate to get home the night before of 09/11..  My family, wife 2 children 16/13 had their father at home. I know what that meant to them. There are many crew members that aren’t going to be able to get home to their families durning this coronovirus epidemic. These crew members are still required to give us as guests the same experience as we expect from a Princess Cruise.I hope all of those that continue to cruise and enjoy the Princess experience give some compassion and possibly $$ to these hard working, crew members. I know we will. Ships will be less full for awhile, so longer times to wash hands, lets keep the crew happy.

Aloha Spirit lives worldwide. See ya at a bar onboard.

Awesome. They all work so hard and sacrifice so much.   Have a great cruise!   

• Like 3

Agree the crew is what makes these cruises so great... I have cruised on the Grand many times outstanding service from and outstanding crew... even before this we always have tipped in cash in addition to auto because well deserved!!

What a great idea.  I imagine that many ships will be short-staffed or working with new employees.  I hope everyone exercises patience and gratitude with the crew.  

PS:  I'm glad your kids have their Dad. 

Excellent idea to be kind and show some additional support to all those working hard to ensure we have a safe and glorious vacation.  Thanks for the idea/reminder.  Wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful cruise.

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Awesome. They all work so hard and sacrifice so much.   Have a great cruise!   

100% agree! We always prepay tips, bring extra cash to tip on board and my job is to collect names of the exceptional crew names/job titles/ work locations for the end if cruise survey, which the crew also really- really needs! The ship crew members told me they get graded on all surveys (they say online survey is most effective for them) and they get promoted for better positions. 

Thank you for this thought provoking and upbeat post! I know that the staff and crew go all out to make our cruise amazing, even though they are away from their families. We will definitely be tipping extra throughout our upcoming April 4th cruise!

Edited by PrincessNancy
  • Like 1

At last count more than 10% of the cabins are vacant for my cruise next week on the Regal after no passengers this week per some information on our roll call.  (Not sure where that information came from, but let's go with it.)  I plan on bringing extra $$ and making sure that I work to find cabin stewards that do not have the full work load and directly bless them.

Like the other posters here, we all should encourage everyone to get on board with this....

• Like 1