Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yup. I'm at the bottom of the pile. Just had it confirmed. They are not looking at those that cancelled prior to Princess until AFTER the Princess cancellations. Not sure about those in mid-cruise....

How did you hear this? I believe you obviously as I don't have a refund. Just curious about your source.

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

How did you hear this? I believe you obviously as I don't have a refund. Just curious about your source.

Just got off the phone with them. Go back a page and you will see the results of that call! So frustrated.

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yup. I'm at the bottom of the pile. Just had it confirmed. They are not looking at those that cancelled prior to Princess until AFTER the Princess cancellations. Not sure about those in mid-cruise....

So IF that’s true as they told you, WHY? It appears they are punishing us who cancelled after, in our case, an email from princess on mar 6 saying ‘heh we know you’re worried about this CoVid stuff and understand if you decide you have to cancel BUT if you don’t, then here’s another $200 OBC’.
Given hubbys age and health risks and we had cancel for any reason AON princess platinum Insurance, we decided the smart thing to do was cancel.

we did and now it appears Princess is saying ‘aw shucks, you go stand over there with the other weinies who bailed early.’

eek

2 minutes ago, remydiva said:

So IF that’s true as they told you, WHY? It appears they are punishing us who cancelled after, in our case, an email from princess on mar 6 saying ‘heh we know you’re worried about this CoVid stuff and understand if you decide you have to cancel BUT if you don’t, then here’s another $200 OBC’.
Given hubbys age and health risks and we had cancel for any reason AON princess platinum Insurance, we decided the smart thing to do was cancel.

we did and now it appears Princess is saying ‘aw shucks, you go stand over there with the other weinies who bailed early.’

eek

That's why I saw red when "Kara Jean" said it. I had held it together until that point because I do recognise it's not the fault of the agents (though it is no excuse for them to be rude and snippy to customers) but as soon as she said that I could feel my anger rising. I still wasn't anywhere near as rude as her but I did ask the exact questions you just asked - if we cancelled FIRST then shouldn't be processed FIRST? Her reply was, "They will get to it eventually". Well sorry, Kara Jean, that's not good enough.

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

That's why I saw red when "Kara Jean" said it. I had held it together until that point because I do recognise it's not the fault of the agents (though it is no excuse for them to be rude and snippy to customers) but as soon as she said that I could feel my anger rising. I still wasn't anywhere near as rude as her but I did ask the exact questions you just asked - if we cancelled FIRST then shouldn't be processed FIRST? Her reply was, "They will get to it eventually". Well sorry, Kara Jean, that's not good enough.

Wow. I guess I am glad I disputed this with the credit card. I just did this on Monday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Wow. I guess I am glad I disputed this with the credit card. I just did this on Monday.

I did on Wednesday. When I saw refunds coming through yesterday I was hoping to be able to get a definitive answer so I could cancel the dispute. 

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm seeing red too.

Here is the Mar 5, 2020 email from Princess. It sure sounded like they were all understanding of those who had concerns, real health risks and thought the prudent thing to do was cancel...which we did (heh, if THEY are worried, maybe we should be too?) So we cancelled. Now apparently , we are considered less desirable clients and are to wait until everyone else is refunded???

March 5, 2020

Dear XXXX

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Guest Travel Advisory.

Nevertheless, we know you have questions about your upcoming cruise. Princess would like to share some policy updates that provide options and flexibility should you want to reschedule your currently booked vacation that sails between now and May 31, 2020.

• Sailings departing between March 9 and April 3*: booked guests can cancel up to 3 days prior to departure, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.
  • Sailings departing between April 4 and May 31*: booked guests can cancel by March 31, 2020, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

If you choose to keep your booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31, you will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD/ $150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean
itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,
Jan Swartz
Jan Swartz

Just now, remydiva said:

I'm seeing red too.

Here is the Mar 5, 2020 email from Princess. It sure sounded like they were all understanding of those who had concerns, real health risks and thought the prudent thing to do was cancel...which we did (heh, if THEY are worried, maybe we should be too?) So we cancelled. Now apparently , we are considered less desirable clients and are to wait until everyone else is refunded???

March 5, 2020

Dear XXXX

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Guest Travel Advisory.

Nevertheless, we know you have questions about your upcoming cruise. Princess would like to share some policy updates that provide options and flexibility should you want to reschedule your currently booked vacation that sails between now and May 31, 2020.

• Sailings departing between March 9 and April 3*: booked guests can cancel up to 3 days prior to departure, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.
  • Sailings departing between April 4 and May 31*: booked guests can cancel by March 31, 2020, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

If you choose to keep your booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31, you will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD/ $150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean
itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,
Jan Swartz
Jan Swartz

Yup, I got that same email. I actually left it until the last possible minute to cancel as I intended to go - I only cancelled when Canada issued a travel advisory and it was taken out of my hands. My argument with Kara Jean was that I SHOULD have been given the cancellation terms in this email within the 7-10 days I was quoted when I cancelled. I don't even care about the bonus FCC - give me what you said you would when I cancelled.

4 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

I do not know if this is the number you are looking forward 800-774-6237 on Page #92 post #2285.  I am still waiting for my refund it comes to 60 days next week.  I will give them a call soon after it hits 60 days.

Good luck.

What's the Bottom Line?  We're at over 70 days.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, Aulanis said:

Thank you-I looked into that  but whilst I might be able ring it  but it is charged

as an international call.   Its just a shmbles over here. Email form our TA says he

cant even phone them now.  Could be if its a pokey  little office  they cant  have

more than e few working there.    If it doesnt improve soon I will eventually boil

over and send emails to Ms Swartz office and tell them what I think. 

I sent Ms Swartz an email several days ago....nothing!

42 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yup, I got that same email. I actually left it until the last possible minute to cancel as I intended to go - I only cancelled when Canada issued a travel advisory and it was taken out of my hands. My argument with Kara Jean was that I SHOULD have been given the cancellation terms in this email within the 7-10 days I was quoted when I cancelled. I don't even care about the bonus FCC - give me what you said you would when I cancelled.

You'll note the line second from last that says....

"Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance."

We did...we filed immediately and provided the cancellation confirmation, this email all on Mar 6. After Mar 12 mass cancellation, AON closed the claim and said 

March 17

Dear XXXX
We are in receipt of your trip cancellation claim.  As you may be aware, Princess Cruises has recently halted sailings between March 12, 2020 through May 10, 2020.  The cruise line is currently providing business considerations to those impacted by this decision.  These considerations include a refund of the Princess Vacation Protection plan costs, in addition to compensation for your cancelled cruise.  As the refund of your Princess Vacation Protection plan cost is being made, Aon Affinity is closing your claim at this time.

Please visit Princess.com for information regarding the compensation being provided by Princess Cruises.

Sincerely,

Aon Affinity Travel Practice
Seems pretty clear cut to me.... and yet...here we are Day 70 something???

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, suzyed said:

How is it going for you Holly?  Any progress on your refunds?

I received my Medical Provider (not Princess related) reimbursement check in full for my arm, they took 3-4 days to process and check I think in a week maybe 8 days.

I received the "travel home" expenses reimbursement check from Bottomline. less 1 item I was told would be reimbursed by ship Passenger Services Director.  This was not part of the refund/FCC Request.  It was something separate and sent at a different time.  This took 38 business days from submission of form.

It looks like we special "in-transit" people are put at the back of the line behind all the other Princess cancellations and likely those not yet announced. Apparently there is something sacred about Princess having cancelled your cruise in one of the "pauses".  Those seem to be the only ones getting anything from Princess.   Maybe they will get to us by the end of the year.  Absolutely no communication from Princess at this point.  This is not a nice way to be treated,  this makes me angry.  I am still pursuing the dispute/claim with Chase. That is having it's own issues because of abnormal working conditions, working from home and they are getting unusually slammed with dispute/claims. 

12 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I received my Medical Provider (not Princess related) reimbursement check in full for my arm, they took 3-4 days to process and check I think in a week maybe 8 days.

I received the "travel home" expenses reimbursement check from Bottomline. less 1 item I was told would be reimbursed by ship Passenger Services Director.  This was not part of the refund/FCC Request.  It was something separate and sent at a different time.  This took 38 business days from submission of form.

It looks like we special "in-transit" people are put at the back of the line behind all the other Princess cancellations and likely those not yet announced. Apparently there is something sacred about Princess having cancelled your cruise in one of the "pauses".  Those seem to be the only ones getting anything from Princess.   Maybe they will get to us by the end of the year.  Absolutely no communication from Princess at this point.  This is not a nice way to be treated,  this makes me angry.  I am still pursuing the dispute/claim with Chase. That is having it's own issues because of abnormal working conditions, working from home and they are getting unusually slammed with dispute/claims. 

Same for us! No communication unless we call them and then if is just a big waste of time. 
We still don't have our credit from Chase for mistakes on our folio. 
So sick and tired of this whole mess....and you are in a much worse situation than we are.  If we wait until the end of the year all our other options will be exhausted.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

That’s Frustrating!

With Princess cancelling more and more cruises, hopefully we aren’t move to the back of each new pause they announce.

Just now, mthomp5 said:

That’s Frustrating!

With Princess cancelling more and more cruises, hopefully we aren’t move to the back of each new pause they announce.

I asked if that would be the case. The rep said "I have no idea. They will get to you eventually." In what world is that an acceptable response?

I should also say that my dispute with Capital One Mastercard couldn't have been easier. First off, they consider 15-20 days waiting for a refund as acceptable so when they calculated how long I had been waiting they had no issue with initiating the process.

I also used an RBC Visa card - that one has been less smooth and I'm not 100% convinced it has been started yet. I will call Monday to follow up. 

I have disputed my shore excursions through Paypal so that is in process. They are awaiting a response from the cruiseline. Guessing that won't come any time soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I asked if that would be the case. The rep said "I have no idea. They will get to you eventually." In what world is that an acceptable response?

Yeah, not acceptable level of customer service. 

49 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I should also say that my dispute with Capital One Mastercard couldn't have been easier. First off, they consider 15-20 days waiting for a refund as acceptable so when they calculated how long I had been waiting they had no issue with initiating the process.

I also used an RBC Visa card - that one has been less smooth and I'm not 100% convinced it has been started yet. I will call Monday to follow up. 

I have disputed my shore excursions through Paypal so that is in process. They are awaiting a response from the cruiseline. Guessing that won't come any time soon.

I started the credit card dispute process too.  Mine is through Costco Citi visa.  I started mine on 5/13 online and it was very easy.  I’m also able to check the status online.  I checked today and it said that they had contacted Princess on 5/20 and that Princess has until 7/14 to respond.  So, I guess I should hear one way or another by then.  Either I’ll get the credit through my dispute or Princess will credit my card. But at least I won’t keep getting moved to the back of the bus indefinitely. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mthomp5 said:

Yeah, not acceptable level of customer service. 

I started the credit card dispute process too.  Mine is through Costco Citi visa.  I started mine on 5/13 online and it was very easy.  I’m also able to check the status online.  I checked today and it said that they had contacted Princess on 5/20 and that Princess has until 7/14 to respond.  So, I guess I should hear one way or another by then.  Either I’ll get the credit through my dispute or Princess will credit my card. But at least I won’t keep getting moved to the back of the bus indefinitely. 

And you also won't be paying interest on it each month!

• Like 1

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

And you also won't be paying interest on it each month!

I'm almost tempted to file a reimbursement request form for that at this point.

Also, just noticed this when checking if my FCCs are posted:

Your next cruise is in 1 days

7 Day | Western Caribbean
Ship: Caribbean Princess
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Departure Date: May 23, 2020

Woo~! I've got two tickets to paradise, won't you pack your bags, we'll leave tonight...🎶

• Like 2
  • Haha 1