Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

Thanks for the updates.  I’m also one of those in the “compassionate consideration” group.  My mom had Princess cancel for any reason but they denied her claim because Princess said they were issuing refunds.  So she really should get her refund from Princess.  I’m hoping we didn’t slip through the cracks.  

The last time I spoke with Customer Relations, they said to give it 60 days from sail date (3/28), so give it until 5/31 and call her then if we didn’t see anything.  I wish on the webinars, they had updates for those of us in this “compassionate consideration” category.

I hear you! I had an annual travel insurance plan that would have covered me. Since Princess said they were offering refunds, my external insurance denied the claim and passed it along to Princess. Like you, I'm still waiting...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

We too are in the ‘compassionate’ pile and also had AON cancel for any reason insurance . Filed claim , and were told princess would do the refund.

aNd here we wait. Mar 12 claim for April 19 cruise. 

FWIW this is the first time I have heard the "compassionate" term. No idea if this is an actual thing or just something the agent made up. Lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

So I watched this. No wonder there are so many issues with comments like "we sent the wrong forms", "we changed it so before you didn't have to fill out a form but now you have to", "we changed the rules", "Pause 2 and 3 FCC can be used as a deposit but Pause 1 can't be".

The part I loved the most was "We turned off automation of refunds and decided to do it manually to include the FCC". Honestly - they couldn't figure out a way to do automation and then later apply FCCs but they chose to hold up the entire refund system when people probably would have preferred to wait for their FCC.

I really feel sorry for travel consultants who are dealing with this. I feel sorry for people answering the phones at Princess.

Just found out tonight that my compensation request..that I have a receipt dated Mar 23..was never received/or put into my file.  I chose option 2.  The representative said good thing I called because I would have received Option 1 in 90+ days from sailing date of Mar 21. Plus, on my account the cruise was not posted as cancelled ????

Whether or not I have to wait another 60 days she was not sure.

I only called because I did not get the FCC posted to my account like some others who were on the cruise with me.

So..if you are due FCC and refund..Option 2....and have not received any FCC yet..call

34 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Just found out tonight that my compensation request..that I have a receipt dated Mar 23..was never received/or put into my file.  I chose option 2.  The representative said good thing I called because I would have received Option 1 in 90+ days from sailing date of Mar 21. Plus, on my account the cruise was not posted as cancelled ????

Whether or not I have to wait another 60 days she was not sure.

I only called because I did not get the FCC posted to my account like some others who were on the cruise with me.

So..if you are due FCC and refund..Option 2....and have not received any FCC yet..call

Gosh...how crazy they didn’t have record of your form.  It seemed like an automated process but now really sounding very manual.  

I’m hoping they received my Option 2 form which I submitted on 3/14.  On 5/5, I received an email that said something to the effect of they were aware I cancelled my cruise amid the COVID 19 pandemic and that I’m waiting for my refund.  It also re-solicited their offer for higher FCC instead of the refund and said that I could take the FCC offer up until 5/31.  It made me think that I wouldn’t receive anything until 5/31 had passed because they want to give me the chance to change my mind.  At least 5/31 is only 10 more days from now.  I’m sure will have to wait past that date too since someone will have to manually handle the transaction.  I didn’t want to resubmit for Option 2 in case it put me to the back of the line.

• Like 1

All,

I live in the UK and were due to sail on April 4th.  We completed our form on March 12th, selecting option 2, Refund & FCC.

Today I checked my Princess account and FCCs have been applied - good news. I therefore checked with the TA regards the refund element but nothing received yet - not so good news but a little more confident we are being dealt with.

Regards FCCs and appealing to the experts on here, how are they allocated? We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids, but only I have a Princess account log on currently. To see all FCC do I have to create accounts for each of us - they have membership numbers or does it just go to the lead booker?

Thanks and good luck everybody with getting your refunds.

Edited by BGIBOY
missing word

14 hours ago, remydiva said:

Thanks fir the webinar update. However either they are wrong in stating ALL FCCs from pause 1 have been handled for forms sent in before April31 OR they have but I got missed.

Anyone else NOT see their FCC yet from

Pause 1? ( option 1 or 2 .. I was option 2)

im trying to avoid phoning princess as you were told in webinar. 

Sorry azbirdmom.. we posted at same time.

Not seen anything....Pause 1, happened while aboard the Crown....cruise cancelled with 10 days to go. Selected Option 1 March 21, and got booted off the ship on March 16th. Received a email from Princess immediately after selecting Option 1.

34 minutes ago, BGIBOY said:

Regards FCCs and appealing to the experts on here, how are they allocated? We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids, but only I have a Princess account log on currently.

Hurrah  another Brit,  thought we had all been struck down with the virus.!

FCCs are allocated per person currently  so  I think you will have to create an account for each

in order to see them. 

We were caught up in this mid cruise and PCUK are arguing about the number of days and percentages.

so we have not got anything - Dont even know for certain that our claim is officially started so may

have an even longer wait!

How have your communications with PCUK been  - doesnt seem to be anyone there - all working from home

and I think the offices are shared with Carnival  Cunard & P&O so dont know if the "team" deals with all.

@BGIBOY   Hi  too late to edit but have had second thoughts - If they have allocated a number

If you then try to create a new account the 2 wont be connected.  You dont use the number

to Log in just an email and a password.  Unless you get another reply on here  I would contact

Captains circle  and ask them- maybe to speed it up tell them the number for each child

and  an applicable  email address and ask them to email a temp password to each.

You can then change that when you use it to log in the first time. 

45 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Hurrah  another Brit,  thought we had all been struck down with the virus.!

FCCs are allocated per person currently  so  I think you will have to create an account for each

in order to see them. 

We were caught up in this mid cruise and PCUK are arguing about the number of days and percentages.

so we have not got anything - Dont even know for certain that our claim is officially started so may

have an even longer wait!

How have your communications with PCUK been  - doesnt seem to be anyone there - all working from home

and I think the offices are shared with Carnival  Cunard & P&O so dont know if the "team" deals with all.

Thanks for the reply, I will register the rest of the family and see where we get.

Regards comms, very poor, only the generic email from Princess and have to chase the Travel Agent we booked with for an update, so all very underwhelming. This forum has been the most helpful! Looking at the P&O forum etc, I think the corporate support structure is very weak and now getting found out. OK to sell and handle a relatively small number of refunds, but no clear robust structures to handle mass change.

Fingers crossed for our refunds. FCC is nice but not very handy in this crazy world we live in.

8 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

I have been working with someone from Customer Relations and she has assured me mine was marked Option 2. I am not sure if she still has her job or not. Though due to the webinar yesterday I may call again.

16 hours ago, joe d said:

Not true.  Why do they keep saying things like this?  I have not received the FCCs on either of two cruises. I have received the FCDs on one cruise but not the other.

Not true for us either. Where are they getting this from??

2 hours ago, BGIBOY said:

All,

I live in the UK and were due to sail on April 4th.  We completed our form on March 12th, selecting option 2, Refund & FCC.

Today I checked my Princess account and FCCs have been applied - good news. I therefore checked with the TA regards the refund element but nothing received yet - not so good news but a little more confident we are being dealt with.

Regards FCCs and appealing to the experts on here, how are they allocated? We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids, but only I have a Princess account log on currently. To see all FCC do I have to create accounts for each of us - they have membership numbers or does it just go to the lead booker?

Also UK

Selected option 2 on 15 March for Ruby 4 April cruise.  Used on line TA

Sometime last night FCC has been posted to both our Captains Circle Accounts. No confirmation email received from either Princess or TA 

Edited by acmar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

We received our refund back to our cc today! All money that was paid to Princess. Still have air, hotel and insurance claims out, but good news here....for sure! 🙂

What date was your cruise? Not that it matters anymore.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just got off the latest webinar. Once again confirmed that ALL FCCs from pause 1 were complete, providing the choice of option 1/2 was received prior to April 30th. They stated that if you had not yet received it and had submitted your form to contact your TA or Princess. Any pause 1 forms submitted after April 30th would not be processed until after May 31st.

Additionally, they are no longer going by sailing date for refunds as this was causing further delays. Instead they are using a combination or cancellation date, sailing date, and circumstances of refund (I assume that means easy as opposed to complex).

An email will be going to anyone that cancelled cruises that would have been in pause 3 (forget the specific timeframe for cancellation) to include them in the double deposit offer if not paid in full and refund has not been received.

Then you were lied to... I'm assuming Pause 1 was March 12th, when Princess first canceled cruises thru May 11 - Ours was scheduled to depart May 9th.  We received the cancellation email March 12th, replied with a request for Option 2 (as my wife is totally spooked and won't ever go on a cruise until there is a big change) and have gotten three emails - no money  - no FCC - nothing.  

12 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Frankly the biggest issue I have with Princess is its opaque handling of the whole process.   It acts as if we are all idiots who would believe anything they say. 

It completely changes our opinion on the company, even though we have had over 35 cruises with them,  2/3 of all the cruises we have taken.  Going forward we dont even know if we would cruise again because we value our lives more than the pleasure from cruising!  If we cruise again,  Princess certainly would not be our first or second or even third choice. 

This captures my sentiments exactly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGIBOY said:

All,

We had 4 adults and 2 kids in our case.  Only their mother could see the kids' FCC.  With FCC following the passenger, reconfiguring to make best use of the FCC was a challenge.  I'd hoped the FCC for everyone in a cabin could be lumped together but no such luck. 

YES! The refund back to my credit card posted yesterday, 60 days. Prepaid gratuities refunded too. I'm just missing a refund for the $200 future cruise credit I used to make the deposit when the voyage was initially booked. Princess met their stated timeframe. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, muffydawg said:

YES! The refund back to my credit card posted yesterday, 60 days. Prepaid gratuities refunded too. I'm just missing a refund for the $200 future cruise credit I used to make the deposit when the voyage was initially booked. Princess met their stated timeframe. 

When was your cruise?

22 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Not aimed specifically at you.

BUT

I’m kinda laughing at the people saying their one or 2 cruise calculations are too complicated while they expect princess to do hundreds of thousands of complicated calculations with every one different in a few weeks and have to answer all the calls asking about there refunds at the same time.

😂😂😂

Not really a laughing matter. The people answering the phones are not the ones doing the calculations! Whole other department... that’s why no one there knows what the others are doing!

I can figure out how many FCCs we are owed in about 30seconds on a calculator.  
We are supposed to be reimbursed for 18 days of a 32 day cruise. 
we have gotten ZERO.

Don’t tell me they are not provided a calculator and they are counting on their fingers and toes?!!

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Good.  We were April 12 and are expecting ours about the end of May.

The refund posted to my credit card 60 days from the date I submitted my online form request choosing Option 2. 

• Thanks 1