Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

28 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks for explaining.

Well hopefully you'll receive it by the 26 or 27th. Mine hit 8 days after they released it on the 15th. 

Supposedly mine was 'released' on the 13th or 14th depending on which Princess rep you want to believe.

I filed with my bank and only received a "we will check and get back to you" no provisional.  30 days later,  a refund from Princess was credited to my CC, the entire amount.  At least in my case, Princess did refund my money because I filed a dispute with the bank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkieMark16 said:
2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Is that a short version of mad elephants ? 

Wish I knew what that meant... 

P S Y C H O E L EP H A N T S

Psycho comes from the Greek word psykho, which means mental.  =  Mad?

Edited by Aulanis

17 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I did on Wednesday. When I saw refunds coming through yesterday I was hoping to be able to get a definitive answer so I could cancel the dispute. 

You do not need to cancel the dispute - if the refunds ACTUALLY posted to your account (and not just being told by a Princess agent that are coming...), the bank's system would automatically reconcile it with the temporary credit from the dispute - then the credit issued previously by the bank would be reversed - there is not a single action you need to take.  At least that is how Chase and Citi and AMEX handle disputes once the merchants actually refunded the dispute amount, based on years' experiences when we had to file disputes - often were from hotels charged us long after the stays, or the rental car companies charged some inexplicable amount long after car returned without any issue.

2 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

You do not need to cancel the dispute - if the refunds ACTUALLY posted to your account (and not just being told by a Princess agent that are coming...), the bank's system would automatically reconcile it with the temporary credit from the dispute - then the credit issued previously by the bank would be reversed - there is not a single action you need to take.  At least that is how Chase and Citi and AMEX handle disputes once the merchants actually refunded the dispute amount, based on years' experiences when we had to file disputes - often were from hotels charged us long after the stays, or the rental car companies charged some inexplicable amount long after car returned without any issue.

Yes, my Capital One rep confirmed that for me! 

@CarelessAndConfused

Thanks.  Mine is quite complex, so I expected I would need to be prepared with documentation, and I was.  My problem is getting Chase to receive it into their system.  It could be that they are so slammed with disputes/claims. I am not expecting a rapid resolution, or even the provisional credit anytime soon,  but it is frustrating not to be able to just know that they received the submission. 

6 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Has anyone had a refund to a gift card?  1300 of my partial payment was made with gift cards.  

This is from the FAQ page on the Princess site.

If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and opted for a refund, how can I receive it? (North American Guests Only)
If you have your original Princess Cruises Gift Card, a credit will be added back to that card, so always hold on to your gift cards even after you fully use them. If you do not have the original card, contact Princess Cruises Gift Card Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or 1-855-426-0168, and a new Princess Cruises Gift Card will be sent to you.

Yes thaj

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

This is from the FAQ page on the Princess site.

If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and opted for a refund, how can I receive it? (North American Guests Only)
If you have your original Princess Cruises Gift Card, a credit will be added back to that card, so always hold on to your gift cards even after you fully use them. If you do not have the original card, contact Princess Cruises Gift Card Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or 1-855-426-0168, and a new Princess Cruises Gift Card will be sent to you.

Yes thanks I don't have the cards and called that number they said once the 200 cash payment for the deposit is made to my cc then I should call them back but I never got anything from princess saying what they owed me ect only that I cancelled (and I did this on the phone with a princess agent who said I would get all refunded) that was a month and a half ago... so was just wondering if anyone had gotten a refund on a gift card as most here were refunded either to their cc or FCC

6 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Yes thaj

Yes thanks I don't have the cards and called that number they said once the 200 cash payment for the deposit is made to my cc then I should call them back but I never got anything from princess saying what they owed me ect only that I cancelled (and I did this on the phone with a princess agent who said I would get all refunded) that was a month and a half ago... so was just wondering if anyone had gotten a refund on a gift card as most here were refunded either to their cc or FCC

If you do a search on this topic for gift it should return 32 postings.  Hopefully you'll find something in them.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, Slotown said:

cancelled 4/11 cruise 3/5 and made claim via platinum ins/AON (for medical reasons).  Port fees $480 reimbursed 3/6. Then AON cancelled my claim and referred me back to Princess.  Filed 3/12 (option 2) at their invitation and given 30 day time frame, the 45, then 60.  Filed dispute 4/27 and given immediate 'provisional' reimbursement of final payment amount pending their resolution with Princess which also needs to include  deposit amounts and travel insurance amount initially made when cruise was booked.  Princess agrees with my figures(verified by telecon) and says they 'released' funds. Cap 1 show no record.  I hesitate to touch provisional payment as I have little faith in Princess at this time.  Best of luck to all.

That is yet another frustrating point even to those lucky few who got the refunds "released" because more than a few posts said their banks have NO records of such!

"The check is in the mail."   Sound familiar from the bygone era?

With everything is thru electronic transfer,  just how long it would take for the "released" refunds to hit people's card accounts?!

Edited by nho9504

9 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Yes thaj

I have received refunds for everything except a $500 gift card and a $200 FCD that was back on my account and then expired.  I contacted giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com and they said I do have the gift card refund coming, but it will be sent on a new gift card (even though I do have the old card).  I contacted them a few weeks later and same message.  I contacted them earlier this week and no answer.  

When I contacted Princess about the $200 FCD, the rep couldn't tell me anything, but said to call again in a few weeks. 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Coral said:

Chase told me to wait for Princess's denial and then they will ask for documentation.

Makes sense as the bank does not want to have documentation if not needed.  Only when the merchant denied the dispute then the bank has to play judge and see which side has the right argument based on the documents.

I have read through some of these pages, but haven't seen what I'm looking for.  Sorry if I missed something obvious.

I chose option 2 for my cancelled March 14th cruise.  I have received no $ back to my CC, but did get my FCC yesterday.  This FCC did not include the $ I paid for my EZAir plane tix, nor did I get my FCD refunded back to me.  Is this normal, or do I need to call Princess?  

25 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I have read through some of these pages, but haven't seen what I'm looking for.  Sorry if I missed something obvious.

I chose option 2 for my cancelled March 14th cruise.  I have received no $ back to my CC, but did get my FCC yesterday.  This FCC did not include the $ I paid for my EZAir plane tix, nor did I get my FCD refunded back to me.  Is this normal, or do I need to call Princess?  

I believe the FCC is ONLY for cruise fare. Everything else should be refunded back to original form of payment. I'm also waiting on March 14th but option 1, though I have now disputed the full amount with my credit card as I have waited long enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I believe the FCC is ONLY for cruise fare. Everything else should be refunded back to original form of payment. I'm also waiting on March 14th but option 1, though I have now disputed the full amount with my credit card as I have waited long enough.

In our case (cancelled before the mass cancellations under the March 5 cancellation policy) the FCC was made up of the cruise fare and the fare portion of the EZAir ticket. The reimbursement was made up of the port fees, the taxes on the cruise and the taxes on the EZAir ticket. Pre-paid excursions and gratuities were reimbursed separately on our credit card.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

In our case (cancelled before the mass cancellations under the March 5 cancellation policy) the FCC was made up of the cruise fare and the fare portion of the EZAir ticket. The reimbursement was made up of the port fees, the taxes on the cruise and the taxes on the EZAir ticket. Pre-paid excursions and gratuities were reimbursed separately on our credit card.

I want to have your experience! That’s exactly my situation but so far .. only my FCD has been reinstated. Nothing else.

31 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

Interesting - according to the info they sent about pause 1 cancellations, if you had flexible EZ Air it would be refunded back to original form of payment. I have had nothing in terms of FCC or refund (and I do have EZ Air) so can't say for sure what they are doing. I also cancelled before Princess under the March 5th policy. 

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Interesting - according to the info they sent about pause 1 cancellations, if you had flexible EZ Air it would be refunded back to original form of payment. I have had nothing in terms of FCC or refund (and I do have EZ Air) so can't say for sure what they are doing. I also cancelled before Princess under the March 5th policy. 

I cancelled March 6th and don't have anything (no FCC, no air, no cruise fare, no taxes). Only excursions which I cancelled earlier that week.

17 minutes ago, Coral said:

I cancelled March 6th and don't have anything (no FCC, no air, no cruise fare, no taxes). Only excursions which I cancelled earlier that week.

I don't even have excursions or pre-paid gratuities. Nothing. 

55 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

Then I do need to call, as my FCC consisted only of my cruise fare.  I too cancelled a couple of days prior to the mass cancellations.  Glad to hear you got your reimbursement!  I'm even more concerned since the FCC came a few days ago and nothing else has shown up.😟

40 minutes ago, remydiva said:

I want to have your experience! That’s exactly my situation but so far .. only my FCD has been reinstated. Nothing else.

and my FCD was not reinstated.

4 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Then I do need to call, as my FCC consisted only of my cruise fare.  I too cancelled a couple of days prior to the mass cancellations.  Glad to hear you got your reimbursement!  I'm even more concerned since the FCC came a few days ago and nothing else has shown up.😟

and my FCD was not reinstated.

So NOTHING is being handled the same... sheesh. On some Princess FB pages they didn’t get back their EZ air .. they got airline credits.

It’s like everyone in the refund dept ( if that’s a thing) gets to spin a wheel like on Wheel of Fortune to decide how every case will be handled.  .. like this ..
‘Tell us Bob what this lucky contestant can win today!

’Well if he throws the dice and lands on a black 7 , he’ll get ALL his cruise money AND Ez Air ANd shore excursions back on his credit card in under 60 days.‘
‘Wow ! That’s sounds great Bob!’

‘ yes it is BUT if he lands on a red 7, he only gets half his cruise in cash, half in FCC and his air as a air credit. And if he lands on anything else, well  it’s a crap shoot and I just will punch in random numbers .. when I feel like it.’

it feels like a TV game show of chance as far as his the refunds are being handled.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, remydiva said:

So NOTHING is being handled the same... sheesh. On some Princess FB pages they didn’t get back their EZ air .. they got airline credits.

It’s like everyone in the refund dept ( if that’s a thing) gets to spin a wheel like on Wheel of Fortune to decide how every case will be handled.  .. like this ..
‘Tell us Bob what this lucky contestant can win today!

’Well if he throws the dice and lands on a black 7 , he’ll get ALL his cruise money AND Ez Air ANd shore excursions back on his credit card in under 60 days.‘
‘Wow ! That’s sounds great Bob!’

‘ yes it is BUT if he lands on a red 7, he only gets half his cruise in cash, half in FCC and his air as a air credit. And if he lands on anything else, well  it’s a crap shoot and I just will punch in random numbers .. when I feel like it.’

it feels like a TV game show of chance as far as his the refunds are being handled.

They have a step by step manual to refer to, so it really shouldn't be that difficult! I think the issue is that the people on the phones (maybe even customer relations) are not referring to the written policy and just going by what they "think" is right. The fact they are STILL telling people they are processing by departure date when it has already been stated this isn't the case is proof of it. I will try to attach the FAQs for pause 1 - they may be useful for someone!

Princess Q&A.docx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1