Pursuit in Chile- CNN

MNgardens

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think It's a character of South America in general as being corrupt. Not sure I'd single out Chile on its own and I always found the Chilean people very nice.  I heard many stories of containers going missing in South America. Just disappeared and they were more often than not the ones that contained alcohol and tobacco. 

Chile has just declared a state of emergency which goes some way to explaining why both Pursuit and Eclipse were refused docking rights there. If you had knowledge of the Princess ships and terrible press cruises in general have received recently, would you let them in?

It's those requiring repeat prescriptions I feel really badly for. It must be so stressful. I heard anecdotally that Captain Leo on Eclipse has been amazing here and elsewhere. He's a top guy. 

Phil 

On the contrary. I would single out Chile as one country where you will find less corruption than anywhere else. Nothing like Argentina. Totally different attitude.

3 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

On the contrary. I would single out Chile as one country where you will find less corruption than anywhere else. Nothing like Argentina. Totally different attitude.

Hmm from our work experience not sure I would agree Odd, I do agree they are not the worst but it is still endemic.

Lets hope Pursuit clears all the hurdles and makes it safely to the USA and that everyone can disembark, get flights home and not be put into isolation when they get back

• Like 1

We are happily on our way to Miami.   The captain made a brief announcement after I’m sure a lot of people freaked out when we came back.   He said something about “paperwork” and said if we want to know more, we can buy the book he intends to write, coming out in 2021.   I’d buy that book!   Seriously, Captain Carl is a hoot!   He has kept us informed of all the annoying shenanigans Chile pulled, but always with a sense of humour and appreciation for his excellent crew.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BrendaJ said:

We are happily on our way to Miami.   The captain made a brief announcement after I’m sure a lot of people freaked out when we came back.   He said something about “paperwork” and said if we want to know more, we can buy the book he intends to write, coming out in 2021.   I’d buy that book!   Seriously, Captain Carl is a hoot!   He has kept us informed of all the annoying shenanigans Chile pulled, but always with a sense of humour and appreciation for his excellent crew.

Thanks for this bit of humor in a rather humorless week. I hope your sail to Miami is without incident.

• Like 2