April Sailings

Julieh40

2 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

interesting, you stand up for CEO's making exuberant amounts of money and yet you think people with PHD who went to school, did everything right are doing something wrong..Hmmm, you do you...

Yes, you have that correct.  If you have a Masters or a Doctorate and you have to work three jobs like you said....something is amiss.  My opinion from life experience and having a higher degree myself.

That's fine if you disagree.

• Like 1

I'm trying to cancel my current sailing at full penalty. They can keep my cruise fare. All I want from NCL is my refundable port charges and prepaid service charges refunded by NCL, NCL is telling my travel agent that they will not do this. Im gonna have to get on a conference call with NCL and my travel agent at this point or see if the agent will release my booking to me. So, so wrong.

6 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Yes, you have that correct.  If you have a Masters or a Doctorate and you have to work three jobs like you said....something is amiss.  My opinion from life experience and having a higher degree myself.

That's fine if you disagree.

If you guys want to keep debating this could you go and start a new thread?   I have an April sailing and am interested in what others think ABOUT THIS TOPIC.  Please stop.    

• Like 4

4 hours ago, blcruising said:

I'm trying to cancel my current sailing at full penalty. They can keep my cruise fare. All I want from NCL is my refundable port charges and prepaid service charges refunded by NCL, NCL is telling my travel agent that they will not do this. Im gonna have to get on a conference call with NCL and my travel agent at this point or see if the agent will release my booking to me. So, so wrong.

Why would you want them to keep your cruise fare if you can get a FCC?

6 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm going to make a CFAR insurance claim. 

I didn't want FCC - too many unknowns for me, NCL ability to survive, future pricing models, length of Coronavirus pandemic. I just didn't want my money tied up with NCL. 

I did receive a cancellation email promptly as well as an email indicating port charges and beverage package charges will be refunded within 10 days. I thought that was more than fair and we will see if it materializes.

Oh, and this totally sucks. I have never had to cancel a cruise and I am disappointed that I am not cruising, but I also know it was the right call for me.

Edited by blcruising

34 minutes ago, Cb2534 said:

If you guys want to keep debating this could you go and start a new thread?   I have an April sailing and am interested in what others think ABOUT THIS TOPIC.  Please stop.    

Hey...he started it.  lol.

Back to the topic.   You are going on no cruises in April.  🙂  I wish you were but chances are slim to none.  Good luck.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

For me at least, if I was able to get NCL to refund me the port charges, prepaid fees etc, but provide no refund for the cruise fare (no FCC either), my travel insurance would reimburse me for the cruise fare.

If I got FCC, then I receive nothing from my travel insurance.

I'd much rather have cash vs a FCC which I may or may not be able to use.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Hey...he started it.  lol.

Back to the topic.   You are going on no cruises in April.  🙂  I wish you were but chances are slim to none.  Good luck.

Edited just now by ColeThornton

Sorry Cole - been refereeing spats between the kids for the last week as I'm trying to work from home.  It's made me a little edgy.  I agree - cruises in April are a no go.  Just playing chicken with NCL so I can get a refund rather than cruise credit.   Fun times!

2 minutes ago, Cb2534 said:

Sorry Cole - been refereeing spats between the kids for the last week as I'm trying to work from home.  It's made me a little edgy.  I agree - cruises in April are a no go.  Just playing chicken with NCL so I can get a refund rather than cruise credit.   Fun times!

No worries.   I'm at home on lock down by myself and I'm going nuts.   It will be a wonderful day when all of us can stop stressing about all this and get back to having drinks out on the ocean.

Cheers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

No worries.   I'm at home on lock down by myself and I'm going nuts.   It will be a wonderful day when all of us can stop stressing about all this and get back to having drinks out on the ocean.

Cheers.

Lockdown here as well....at least another 2 weeks but likely longer.   To quote Lewis Carroll "We are all mad here"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am going to give a thin ray of hope. Admittedly it is thin. But here is what it is based upon.

A. Rebooked hotels. The hotels were EMPTY in new Orleans. Rates were plummeting. Now the hotel which is across from the port is filled to capacity. Can not get a room. That happened over the last day or so.

b. Crew has not been sent home yet. 

c. The cruise is still open and the next week it is set for a translatantic the next week.

d. The feds are not going to push to extend the suspension.

Again. There is a bit of evidence that NCL still intends to go. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, raschueller said:

I am going to give a thin ray of hope. Admittedly it is thin. But here is what it is based upon.

A. Rebooked hotels. The hotels were EMPTY in new Orleans. Rates were plummeting. Now the hotel which is across from the port is filled to capacity. Can not get a room. That happened over the last day or so.

b. Crew has not been sent home yet. 

c. The cruise is still open and the next week it is set for a translatantic the next week.

d. The feds are not going to push to extend the suspension.

Again. There is a bit of evidence that NCL still intends to go. 

There NO EVIDENCE that your cruise is on. The governor of Louisiana has issued a stay at home order,all non essential business are to be closed. Your hotels may be all booked because they're closed for booking, meaning the hoteks probably will be closing,not because they're all booked up. 

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There NO EVIDENCE that your cruise is on. The governor of Louisiana has issued a stay at home order,all non essential business are to be closed. Your hotels may be all booked because they're closed for booking, meaning the hoteks probably will be closing,not because they're all booked up. 

No. The hotel is booked. The hotel eight blocks away is open. I understand the order. I am not stupid.

However... and please read.

If this cruise goes we will be on it. Why? Because if we are not on it we will lose our money. So if it is even a slight chance of going I have to be prepared. I had gotten refunds on all my rooms a week ago. However, I noticed that it night not be so cut and dry. So I rebooked the hotel. The hotel we use, which is a pretty cruise specific hotel was now booked. They had rooms... now they do not. So I had to book a room a bit further away. 

And yes you are probably right. It is probably not going to go.I would PREFER for it to be cancelled. But it seems a sliver more likely to go today than it did yesterday.

Posted evidence why I felt that way.

19 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Could it also be FEMA or medical staff?  I have a really hard time believing cruisers all of a sudden booked up an entire hotel....

I'm sure the OP is talking about the Hilton Riverside New Orleans. The hotel is un bookable from March 24th through April 22nd. OBVIOUSLY the hotel closed bookings for 1 month.

There are TONS of hotel rooms available throughout New Orleans for 1 one night stay starting April 11th.

Edited by kwokpot

How's New Orelans with hospital beds, surge capacity, vacant ICU beds and ventilators.  There is a good chance that the hotel mentioned has been booked using FEMA/federal government or state government rates for use - why not call the hotel's local/in-town # directly and ask them what's up.  

Good luck and hey, I much rather be on a Spring cruise next month ourselves.  Reality.  Different facts, otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

according to ncl they said april12th they should be back on schedule for cruises 

All I can tell you is to watch the news to see whats going on around the world or at the very least read through this forum.