for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Cynthia, you can tell your neighbor that if there is damage caused to your home from their tree that their insurance is responsible to pay. You can also cut any branches that intrude over your fence without any problem. Our neighbor has a disgusting cottonwood (what a mess it makes in our yard) that is becoming a true nuisance. We have to contact the property manager as the absentee landlords are useless, the renters are great, but they aren’t allowed to touch the tree. Can you tell it really irritates me!  

glad your basement wasn’t badly damaged. Mother Nature always wins

Lois - The Walking Company was aquired by another company, Walking Co.  All the stores were closed 😞

I was thinking that you'd like the shoe dept. in REI, but the only one in FL is in Tampa.  

I have a gift certificate from my property management company for $25 to a restaurant in our main property in town.  It's a really nice little restaurant, has some outdoor and does live music in the summer.  I absolutely have to remember to use it!!

I get my winter tires swapped out on Monday.   Of course, there is a small chance of snow that day...  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hello All, well, I’m sitting in SLC waiting for our flight to Minneapolis so we can meet our granddaughter! She will be 2 months old next week. Is smiling now. So anxious to meet her after all the videos and pictures. 

Lots of people flying-not much different than before.  I sat on the plane waiting to take off and wanted to cry. Last year at this time I wasn’t sure if I’d ever be able to travel again. Yes the masks are a constant reminder that we aren’t back to normal yet but I’m just so thankful to be able to do this! The new airport is still a work in progress. 

I’ve only read some of the recent posts so still need to finish up. 
Sharon

Hi Sharon, I'm so happy for you!  Have a wonderful visit with your kids & new grand baby :)   Happy tears are a good thing :)

Lois, bummer about the shoe store... we had one around here that I liked, I'm guessing it's gone as well.    I know you mentioned picking up a few clothing items for your upcoming cruise, you must be having so much fun planning & shopping for it, hard to believe we've come so far!

Ladies, we are headed over to our younger kids house for a bbq with older kids & grandkids...  the younger set moved into their new house last February!  So none of us have actually hung out there yet, very excited & so are they!  Running out to pick up some wine at TJ's & then it's party time :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

Cynthia, you can tell your neighbor that if there is damage caused to your home from their tree that their insurance is responsible to pay. You can also cut any branches that intrude over your fence without any problem. Our neighbor has a disgusting cottonwood (what a mess it makes in our yard) that is becoming a true nuisance. We have to contact the property manager as the absentee landlords are useless, the renters are great, but they aren’t allowed to touch the tree. Can you tell it really irritates me!  

glad your basement wasn’t badly damaged. Mother Nature always wins

I’d double check that info Melody...your insurance only covers what happens to your own property. Your neighbor’s insurance only covers their property. It would be a law suit to get the neighbor themselves to reimburse you for the damages to your property after proving negligence on their part if the tree that falls on your property isn’t properly cared for. I’m not sure if they are liable for whatever happens when a tree is properly cared for.

Wine at TJ's... I wish...won't ever happen in Utah, though 😞'

Woah!  I was sitting here at 12:30pm, typing a message, when a calendar reminder pops up: "tire swap 1:30pm".  Crap!  It was today, not Monday.  The place is 30 minutes away.  I run into the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, put on moisturizer and put the hair in a pony.  Throw on undies, my black joggers and my Smokey Bear flannel shirt.  Toss a baseball hat on my head.  Head out the door.  OOP!  My camping stuff is still in the back!.  Fortunately, everything is nicely packed, so I quickly take it all out and pile it on the garage floor.  Then, I put the 4 tires in the back and head out.  Made it with a little time to spare.   Turned it in and went next door to Don Pedro's to get lunch while the tires are done.  They were really busy due to a high school rodeo competition in town.  Good mix of local, local Latinos, and cowboy types.  The machaca was excellent.  as I was finishing, I got a text that my car was ready.  Walked back across the parking lot and picked up my car.  The guy at the front said they did some fluid checks and such and all was good.   Phew!  That's all done.  Now, sitting at home, sipping on an ODell's "Sippin' Pretty" fruited sour ale.  Yummy!  Have the machaca leftovers for dinner tonight!

• Like 1

Hi Debbie,🙂 I decided to pull some clothes out today and try some on. Most everything fit........(most). It has been so long since I have done any clothing stuff for a cruise....putting things together, seeing what fits, what shoes, etc........I have 2 pairs of black slacks, a pair of grey and a pair of navy that I plan on bringing.  I know I can alternate them for dinner.  I also have 2 other pairs of what I consider much more dressy as well. Those will work for formal.  Then I was trying on a bunch of tops. I always bring more of those......and for this trip I will be touring almost every day.  Cotton capris and cotton tops for the daytime. (Cotton breaths, for me anyway).  I actually got tired of looking at stuff so will leave it for another day.

• Like 2

And I am losing my mind.......I forgot to say I found some new shoes👍...actually 2 pairs at Nordstrom Rack AND I just found a pair on the Walking Company's website! 

The ones I got on line were on sale.......they are NAOT which I really like.  They normally run about 140.00 and they were 89.00.  I can wear them with almost everything for evenings on the ship. The footbed may look hard but they have a give to them. I have a pair of them already...a different style but the same brand.

Women's Naot Ava Neutral Shoes

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I’d double check that info Melody...your insurance only covers what happens to your own property. Your neighbor’s insurance only covers their property. It would be a law suit to get the neighbor themselves to reimburse you for the damages to your property after proving negligence on their part if the tree that falls on your property isn’t properly cared for. I’m not sure if they are liable for whatever happens when a tree is properly cared for.

If your property damages another property because you haven’t taken care of your property (tree hanging over a fence) your liability insurance covers the neighbor property. We’ve had this happen. The key terminology is property that isn’t maintained properly. 

Edited by awhfy

Good morning andHappy-Mothers-Day-message-on-a-wooden-heart-next-to-a-yellow-flower-blog-image_b  - Rossi Honda

To all the Moms, Grandma's and whoever else is in this role, Step Mom's......

Aunts.....etc, etc.......wishing you all the best day ever. 

• Like 2

Guess I am just bored today........I ended up returning the 2 pair of shoes I bought yesterday. One was a lightweight sneaker/walking shoe and I am just not used to wearing lace ups anymore. I have a pair I walk in every day that is nice and broken in so not sure why I bought this new pair anyway. And the ones I own have a velcroe strap that is sort of at an angle. Just going to keep on wearing them and they will do fine for walking on my excursions.  The other  was a pair of sandals and I should have realized before buying them they have NO support........after walking around the house in them last night, I knew I could not keep them so they went back too. I have a fairly high arch and these had absolutely no arch support. I should have learned by now....my feet are too important to me to buy "something cute that doesn't have support".

To everyone who is a mother, grandmother, fur baby mother...  Happy Mothers' Day!!!

I have to stay off of that Ask a Cruise Question Board!!  I'm going to get in trouble soon...  Some people...

Task for today complete - I took the tires out of the Kia.  I vacuumed it all out, cleaned the doors and spots on the seats.  Then I put my camping stuff back in.  At least I know that it's clean to start with before my trip - how it ends up before the girls get in it on our travels around Denver, well, that's another issue.  I was surprised at how little red dirt I had in the car; only my lounge chair was bad (the parts that sit on the ground).  I got to use my little portable car vacuum - it worked really well!!  

Lois - sorry the shoes didn't work out.  I'm having troubles going back to my sneakers after wearing my Teva boots all Winter, every day.  I kind of flop my feet around when I walk in my shoes now.  Hopefully that'll go away!!  

OOTD: my Zion Tshirt and a pair of joggers, both dirty.  Since I was going to mess with the car, no reason to put on clean clothes.   Dinner tonight:  a nice big green salad made with Whole Food's Italian mix, Sugar Bomb little tomatoes and cut up marinated chicken breast from WF.  Running low on dressing, so I picked up a bottle of Brianna's Organic Blueberry Balsamic vinegarette.  I have some blueberries sitting around, so I may even toss some of those in the salad.  

Don't forget to watch CNN tonight:  United Shades of America and a special on Marvin Gaye and the #1 album of all time "What's Going On".  All good viewing. 

Hi Kat, I saw the thread you have been chatting on over on that forum..........I have given up on answering any posts concerning the vaccinations.........and Florida and you know who. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I saw the thread you have been chatting on over on that forum..........I have given up on answering any posts concerning the vaccinations.........and Florida and you know who. 

I have to learn how to just shut up.  But, I get like a dog with a bone..  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - I just heard that there was a mass shooting in Colorado Springs.  At a birthday party. I sure hope that no one you know was part of this horrific scene. My heart goes out to everyone.

We didn’t even hear about it until a friend in FL texted me. It didn’t even come across phone as breaking news. It was about 10-12 miles south of us. Those poor little kids😢, luckily he didn’t hurt them too

• Like 1

Hi, I heard about that shooting yesterday afternoon.☹️ and one in Times Square over the weekend too with a 4 year old being hit......and one in Phoenix too.........it is a never ending battle😦

Hi girls, Melody, beautiful🙂

I had my mind set on those new shoes........one of those things I just wanted. I have a pair of "Earth Origins"  they are fisherman's sandals......here is a picture of the one's I own.

Mine are pretty worn out.....I wear them every morning to walk.  I just found them at Famous Footwear!  I decided to get them in Navy and will be bringing them on my cruise to Greece.  Normally I am not this fixed on shoes but oh well, I am happy now😀  They are really comfortable.

Women's Earth Origins, Taye Slip-on | Peltz Shoes

• Like 2

More rain and cool(er) weather here. I swear this is the dreariest spring in history...

Today is officially 2 weeks since my second jab, so I am technically free to haunt the aisles at TJ once more, lol. (Masked, of course.). But wouldn't you just know it, we have a gas shortage here and I need to conserve my half tank for another drive into the office early next week, just in case supply continues to run out.

As for my August cruises, I finally ended up canceling the BTB itineraries in favor of one itinerary in October 2022 on Constellation that I like. The TA tried to keep me onboard with the BTB but I don't like the itinerary before very much and the one after is a trans-Atlantic, which I also don't like. Instead, I will plan to spend some additional time in Italy after the cruise ends in Rome. I was able to keep some of the OBC, plus they are going to roll both my deposits into this cruise, so technically a win. 🏆

And now for something completely different -- I will have to start thinking of my trip to Algeria in November!

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 10:26 AM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, beautiful🙂

I had my mind set on those new shoes........one of those things I just wanted. I have a pair of "Earth Origins"  they are fisherman's sandals......here is a picture of the one's I own.

Mine are pretty worn out.....I wear them every morning to walk.  I just found them at Famous Footwear!  I decided to get them in Navy and will be bringing them on my cruise to Greece.  Normally I am not this fixed on shoes but oh well, I am happy now😀  They are really comfortable.

Women's Earth Origins, Taye Slip-on | Peltz Shoes

Lois -- what kind of foot covering (if any) do you wear with these?  I like them but not sure about wearing them barefoot.

2 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Lois -- what kind of foot covering (if any) do you wear with these?  I like them but not sure about wearing them barefoot.

Hi🙂, oh....I only wear these with socks.........I wear them to walk.  No barefeet for me in these type of sandals...they are really a shoe even though they are classified as a "Fisherman's Sandal".

• Like 2