for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

16 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I was unsettled by how many unmasked people will get all up in your personal space. I was masked (I'm vaccinated, but have chronic lung disease), but OMG, don't hang your unmasked face over my shoulder. I think--for the time being--that I will continue to do my running around mid-week.

Where I live it's very strange -- I guess you could say we are a divided bunch. In my small "city" which is just east of Atlanta, there is still a mask mandate and everyone masks up to go inside stores although some are no longer wearing them when just walking around downtown. Which is fine. But when I have to go up near where I work, it's a totally different story. It's like COVID never happened....

For now I've decided to compromise -- I'm no longer getting my groceries delivered but I am still ordering them online and then driving to the store to pick them up. Baby steps, right? 😷

We had blistering hot weather all week but lucked out this weekend -- the weather is sunny and pretty but the temps are mainly in the 70s up to around 80 at the hottest part of the day. I'll take it. Had to go out and water the flowers this morning though.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Where I live it's very strange -- I guess you could say we are a divided bunch. In my small "city" which is just east of Atlanta, there is still a mask mandate and everyone masks up to go inside stores although some are no longer wearing them when just walking around downtown. Which is fine. But when I have to go up near where I work, it's a totally different story. It's like COVID never happened....

For now I've decided to compromise -- I'm no longer getting my groceries delivered but I am still ordering them online and then driving to the store to pick them up. Baby steps, right? 😷

We had blistering hot weather all week but lucked out this weekend -- the weather is sunny and pretty but the temps are mainly in the 70s up to around 80 at the hottest part of the day. I'll take it. Had to go out and water the flowers this morning though.

After all these years, I am not sure why I thought you lived in North Carolina........you are in Georgia.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

That’s what we had Saturday, Sunday & expect again today. You’ll likely have afternoon thunderstorms every day, the hail not so much. Darn, wish I could’ve seen you. I leave next weekend for Maine. Melody

I know.  I saw the dates and went "dang."  

I don't mind boomers and rain.  I've walked around all day long in the rain on vacations.  Rain gear, waterproof boots and an umbrella make it just fine!   The hail was predicted for today along Hwy 40 which is the way I'm driving.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lois R said:

After all these years, I am not sure why I thought you lived in North Carolina........you are in Georgia.....

LOL, yep. I usually don't advertise my "location" precisely. Once (a long time ago) I had some stalker-ish issues from an online site.

My DS and I are likely coming to Jax finally to see family over the 4th of July. I think you'll be headed to Athens by then for your cruise though. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

LOL, yep. I usually don't advertise my "location" precisely. Once (a long time ago) I had some stalker-ish issues from an online site.

My DS and I are likely coming to Jax finally to see family over the 4th of July. I think you'll be headed to Athens by then for your cruise though. 

Hi, I am leaving on July 6th...........would love to meet in person if it is possible🙂

• Like 1

Well, typical me.  I'm starting to get my anxiety attack over what to pack.  It wouldn't be so bad, but I want to try to look half decent when I'm with the girls.  If I was just camping for 2 weeks, I'd toss in 3 Tshirts, some leggings and my down jacket and be done with it.  It's looking like I DO have to pack 2 different bags.  I'll rewear the shirts that I wear with the girls for the 2nd half of my trip.  Fortunately, leggings and Tshirts pack up pretty small.  But, I do have to take different shoes as my hiking shoes and boots don't translate well to "nice places."  So, I have to throw in my white high tops.   Jeez.  Every darn time, I get packing anxiety.   I MUST leave the house no later than 10am tomorrow, so that's my deadline.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Well, typical me.  I'm starting to get my anxiety attack over what to pack.  It wouldn't be so bad, but I want to try to look half decent when I'm with the girls.  If I was just camping for 2 weeks, I'd toss in 3 Tshirts, some leggings and my down jacket and be done with it.  It's looking like I DO have to pack 2 different bags.  I'll rewear the shirts that I wear with the girls for the 2nd half of my trip.  Fortunately, leggings and Tshirts pack up pretty small.  But, I do have to take different shoes as my hiking shoes and boots don't translate well to "nice places."  So, I have to throw in my white high tops.   Jeez.  Every darn time, I get packing anxiety.   I MUST leave the house no later than 10am tomorrow, so that's my deadline.  

Hiking shoes & boots work everywhere in CO, just sayin

48 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Hiking shoes & boots work everywhere in CO, just sayin

I tried to wash/clean my Keen shoes of all the red Zion dirt they picked up - they still aren't clean.  I'll leave them in the car for when I need them.  I guess my Merrell tie dye boots could suffice - it could be "interesting" with my old hippie lady overalls! 

I think I'll do my usual size bag and a smaller bag.  Put everything I'll wear the first 6 days in the big bag and other stuff in the little bag, since I'll be rewearing stuff from the first days.  I just can't fit much more than one carry on-size in my tent, so I have to move stuff around...  Plus it's always fun when packing for days with 40 degree differences between the high and the low!!  

Sigh.  I've had this packing anxiety for as long as I can remember.  Lists don't help (I actually have a base one this time).  The only thing I've ever had was a time that I must stop and get in the car and hope that I can find what I'm missing in a store somewhere!!!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Try Chicos Off the Rack or Chicos for dresses, they (especially OTR) has a great selection on dresses & on a good sale today. Melody

There wasn't a Chicos at the mall I went to. If the Gap dress doesn't fit, I'll just wear something I already have. I'm traumatized (slight exaggeration) by my excursion this weekend and not sure I want to go out again anytime soon.

Hi Ladies  🙂  playing hookey from work for a couple of minutes....  first time I've been able to post in a long time!  I think my very old laptop did an update that was not compatible with CC, & I wasn't able to post, did another update last night & yay!  I can post again.  

Lois, very excited for you for your Greece cruise, It's coming up so fast!  & the Australia & New Zealand one!  New Zealand is probably one of my all time favorites...  loved Sydney as well! 

Kat, I understand your packing anxiety, since we live in a warm weather climate, but often cruise to cold weather locals, (we've had some snow on last few trips)  I tend to pack a bit more heavy than I should....  on a warm weather trip I could easily do carry on only, but not for cold weather 🙂

I have some exciting (or dumb news, depending on how you look at it lol)  We bought a little fixer upper house to flip...  swore I'd never do it again, but things worked out to where we were able to do it... I actually made the offer when Steve was out of town & we closed very quickly....  so now it's 24/7 of work, work, work...  hopefully will pay off though!

-Debbie

• Like 4

Hi Debbie, good to see you again.🙂  My sister and bil used to flip houses ALL THE TIME.......they owned real estate and flipped houses on the side.......it can sure get to be messy sometimes.  Good luck with everything!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie, good to see you again.🙂  My sister and bil used to flip houses ALL THE TIME.......they owned real estate and flipped houses on the side.......it can sure get to be messy sometimes.  Good luck with everything!

Thank you Lois!   we've done a few,  & it's so much work, but usually worth it 🙂  we even received a conservation award one time, which was cool 🙂  back to work lol

• Like 2

You can tell folks are getting back to their normal & vacation vibes. No one has been on the board all week...Good for us!  Daughter’s bday party & granddaughter’s college graduation (summa cum laude 4.0 average, Rugby & volunteer awards) on Saturday. Then I fly out very early on Sunday for Maine to spend a couple of weeks with my vest friend (there may be lobster in my future!). Melody

• Like 1

Hi Melody, good morning🙂.........nothing has changed for me LOL......I am still here every day. I just don't post on here every day.

• Like 2

It's true that I am gradually getting out a bit more. But we are taking it slow. We were going to go out last weekend for DS's birthday, but he managed to sprain his ankle badly, so we decided to hold off until this weekend. At least I had a short work week this week with the Monday holiday. 😀

• Like 3

Hi Ladies!

Melody congrats to your granddaughter, what a terrific accomplishment & during covid too!   Enjoy your time in Maine with your friend...  I'm sure she will appreciated your company 🙂

Lois & Cynthia, I still check in here when I can, but yes, getting more busy...  we still have a mask mandate here, but I think on June 15th it might be dropped, that would be much welcomed!

& Cynthia, sorry about your son's injury, that stinks to have that happen right when you are starting to get out there again 🙂  best wishes to him for a fast recovery 

• Like 1

Hi girls, tomorrow I get a hair cut. 3 weeks from TODAY is my Chicago trip😃...and I saw Chicago is opening full back up on June 11th (I think that was the date). 

And then the BIG Count Down for the Greece cruise😃

Melody, yes, have fun in Maine!   Cynthia, also my best to your son.

So is Kat now off on her trip?

• Like 2

I'm still here every couple of days, depending on my work schedule. If I work late (or my NHL team is playing) I don't generally get on. I still lurk a lot without posting. Plus, it's nice enough for now to waste a lot of time sitting on the back porch watching/listening to the birds and seeing how many new calls I can identify.

Got an unexpected day off due to low census, so I slept in until almost 9:30! I'd planned to go ice skating, but missed the session since I slept so late. It was an extra session, so I'm not bummed. I did spend a few hours crafting and got several projects cut on my cutting machine. I still have to apply them to garments and find one more card to cut for a coworker that broke his leg in three (!) places. My remaining project goal this weekend is to cut fabric to make handwarmers for my mother to help her rheumatoid arthritic hands. Soft flannel on the inside and it's filled with rice to heat. I have some lavender buds that I grew that I'm going to put in it too.

• Like 1

Lois that's so exciting to be planning for Chicago 🙂 Absolutely one of my all time favorite cities, especially the food  🙂  Yes, I think Kat should be off on her adventure

@PurpleHays  the hand warmers sound cute!  years ago I made neck warmers filled with rice & lavender, we would heat them up in the microwave

• Like 1

I’d love to have the pattern for the hand warmers. My friend in Maine has horrible arthritis. 

must be the week for leg injuries!  Our teacher daughter (teaches PE) was showing the kids a specific move, they were in water, she was on pool deck demonstrating. She hit a depression on the deck & down she went. Hoping she won’t have to have surgery, oh it was the last day of school too. She isn’t pleased. 

if Kat is here in Colorado Springs she’s in for hot (for us) weather, forecast is mid 90s till the middle of the week. Melody

• Like 2

Good morning girls🙂 do any of you lurk and/or post over on the Royal and Celebrity boards?  Looks like Royal caved and now are having sailings out of Florida without everyone being vaccinated and some folks are quite upset.  I know I am sailing next month and my ship will be fully vaccinated.  Too bad Royal couldn't stand by their original policy.  From what I read, guests are cancelling........

Even the Celebrity board has questions now........are they going to do the same thing and reverse course?  Most (if not all) Celebrity cruisers want those vaccinated ships!

Actually since my cruise is out of Greece, that is a different animal.....nobody in the state of FL can tell the EU what to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls🙂 do any of you lurk and/or post over on the Royal and Celebrity boards?  Looks like Royal caved and now are having sailings out of Florida without everyone being vaccinated and some folks are quite upset.  I know I am sailing next month and my ship will be fully vaccinated.  Too bad Royal couldn't stand by their original policy.  From what I read, guests are cancelling........

Even the Celebrity board has questions now........are they going to do the same thing and reverse course?  Most (if not all) Celebrity cruisers want those vaccinated ships!

Actually since my cruise is out of Greece, that is a different animal.....nobody in the state of FL can tell the EU what to do.

Yes, I read it first on Celebrity then went over to the Royal board (I don't usually read that one) to check it out.

It seems crazy to me, but I can only assume that the corporate entity wants to "diversify" and have some lines with only vaccinated passengers and others where it is not required -- probably so as not to lose business. 

I know that I would not, at this time, be comfortable cruising on a ship that did not require full vaccination (or at least 95% or above). That may change over time, but for now I would rather be cautious.  My vacations are precious to me; I don't want to run the risk of having something go wrong...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 4:38 PM, cruise kitty said:

I have some exciting (or dumb news, depending on how you look at it lol)  We bought a little fixer upper house to flip...  swore I'd never do it again, but things worked out to where we were able to do it... I actually made the offer when Steve was out of town & we closed very quickly....  so now it's 24/7 of work, work, work...  hopefully will pay off though!

Wow, not sure how I missed this on my last "visit" to the boards -- guess I was skimming and in a hurry. That's very exciting!  I hope everything goes to plan. As someone who has "renovated" a few old houses in my time (just for living in, not flipping), I know it is a ton of work!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

I haven't traveled at all since Covid started, so my question might seem dumb.

However, does your flight to Greece require passengers to be vaccinated?  Or your hotel (assuming you are staying in one in Greece).