for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I must have scrolled through this too fast......Kat, the photos are great😃. You are a better woman than I will ever be........not sure I could do that tent............😮

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

I must have scrolled through this too fast......Kat, the photos are great😃. You are a better woman than I will ever be........not sure I could do that tent............😮

The tent itself is pretty fast to put up and take down.  What I did find was that I have to do major work to get my quads and hamstrings back in better shape - ever have that time when you're down on your knees to get something and you have trouble getting back up?  Well, that was me every time I tried to get out of the tent!   Pretty embarrassing.

Cynthia - good finding the movie!  I had some clues ready - red cowboy boots, it was just over the city limit and tractor "chicken" at the irrigation canal.  The mills are right off of the Interstate at the south end of the Salt Lake Valley.  That songs comes into my head each time I get down there!  A lot of the movie was filmed in the area.  

Melody - I thought it was you with the Vuoris.  I know someone on here has a pair.  Just like all the name brands, they aren't cheap, but gosh they are comfortable.  I mean, even the ripstops are comfy - how many times are a pair of non-knit pants comfy???  

My meal of the day:  bakery goods that I picked up at a German bakery that is outside the Park on the way back home.  I got a bag of day-olds, it was a nice mix of 4 different pastries.  Kind of weird to have this place literally out in a very small village in middle of nowhere.   I'm not eating all 4 at once, just spreading them out over the day.  

OOTD:  a little chilly today - in the 40s.  So, it's back to leggings and one of my hoodies.   Not yet time for my sleeveless T shirts up here...

• Like 1

Hi Kat,🙂 I didn't word it right.......I could probably put it up but have no desire to.......I mean, camping sounds fun and I did it years and years (and years ago) but call me selfish now but I would want a bed, not the ground.......a campsite with a cabin.....but I am just not into sleeping on the ground and yes, I understand about getting up and down.........I don't even take a bath.  Too hard to get out of the tub😲

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat,🙂 I didn't word it right.......I could probably put it up but have no desire to.......I mean, camping sounds fun and I did it years and years (and years ago) but call me selfish now but I would want a bed, not the ground.......a campsite with a cabin.....but I am just not into sleeping on the ground and yes, I understand about getting up and down.........I don't even take a bath.  Too hard to get out of the tub😲

Well, I have 2.5 inches of mattress between me and the ground 😉

I hadn't done it for years, but 4 years ago a former co-worker and "old hippie lady" like me got me back  into it.  I met the woman who was set up behind me.  She's retired and of a "mature" age.  She is from Tennessee.  She is on a road trip from there and is doing the "Mighty 5" - the National Parks in Utah.  She's done camping trips all over.  My new heroine.   I'm starting to get a July or August road trip up to the North planned out: Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier NPs with some places in-between Yellowstone and Glacier and a different way back down home through Idaho.  Depends on campground availability...

• Like 1

Currently sitting in the Punta Cana airport waiting for our flight.  Our week at the Hilton Resort was amazing, loved the facilities, pools and beach.  Food varied from very good to just ok.  Loved the fresh fruit and juices, seafood and yucca.  It was nice to get away, made life seem almost normal again.  I will say the Hilton staff did an excellent job of keeping everything very clean and wearing their masks.  I did not see a single staff member without one on.  Most of the guests were pretty good about wearing one, if you tried to enter a restaurant and did not have one on, you were given one to wear.   Definitely a good experience.

Traveling during COVID is not so relaxing.  Planes and airports were packed, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Orlando airport as crowded as it was and it wasn’t even Spring Break.  A COVID test is required within 72 hours of flight for US citizens to return, fortunately, the resort set it up at their convention center so it was pretty easy. 

It was almost as good as a cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

Hi Sherri, so happy to see you had a good time🙂.  I wonder if things at the airport will be a bit (just a little bit) smoother when I fly to Greece in July.......will just wait and see.

I keep forgetting I am going to Chicago in June too LOL......

Sherri - it sounds like you had a good time in the DR.  Nice to hear most people did take masking seriously.  That was one thing that I wondered about even on my trip and I ended up pleasantly surprised. 

Lois - I thought more about your camping comments and I came up with a solution for you:  Glamping!!!  Life in the great Outdoors combined with comfortable living.   "Glampgrounds" are popping up all over the place.   Over my price point for a camping trip, but...  I had my taste of glamping on my Kenyan Safari.  I was afraid that I would be too spoiled to ever want to do plain camping again.  

Melody - you might have some snow coming next week.  My weather forecast shows possible snow on Monday-Tuesday.  

Not going anywhere today, I think.  I have to unpack the car, but I have to clear some space in the garage for the gear.  It had all been sitting in my living room since November 2019!!!  Good thing I live alone 😼

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, so happy to see you had a good time🙂.  I wonder if things at the airport will be a bit (just a little bit) smoother when I fly to Greece in July.......will just wait and se

I keep forgetting I am going to Chicago in June too LOL......

You know, Lois, in pre Covid times, I probably would not have thought that much about it but I am still in the mode of not liking people too close to me.   I did not feel comfortable going  through security or being on a packed airplane.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

I’m quite sad this evening. I lost another friend today. She was diagnosed with a very rare aggressive bladder cancer 3 weeks ago. Please gals, if something doesn’t feel or look right get it looked at. Jeannie knew something wasn’t quite right & put it off to the point that nothing could be done. At least her passing was easy. I’ve opened a bottle of Caymus Cabernet, cin cin Jeannie, Rest In Peace. I’ll miss you 😢. Melody

Gosh Melody,  I'm so sorry about your friend.  You are right about getting thing checked.  We have to learn to be humble when it comes to our health.   I will raise my glass of 19 Crimes tonight in your friend's honor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’m quite sad this evening. I lost another friend today. She was diagnosed with a very rare aggressive bladder cancer 3 weeks ago. Please gals, if something doesn’t feel or look right get it looked at. Jeannie knew something wasn’t quite right & put it off to the point that nothing could be done. At least her passing was easy. I’ve opened a bottle of Caymus Cabernet, cin cin Jeannie, Rest In Peace. I’ll miss you 😢. Melody

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's death. Good friends are a blessing and not to be taken for granted. As is good health -- and that's a timely warning about getting things checked out as well. I've heard quite a few stories of people delaying routine health checks or care due to the pandemic. Hopefully now that most are getting vaccinated, we can all get back to our regularly scheduled (and so fun :classic_dry:) doctors appointments.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, lots to catch up on. Melody, I’m so sorry about your friend’s  passing. We also lost a good friend a few days ago. He had been dealing with several issues over the past 2 years. So sad for his family.

Debbie, thanks for the info on the Pfizer boosters. Interesting how this trial is set up.

Lois, I really hope that all works out for your cruise-it sounds amazing. Letting the cruise line handle all the arrangements make sense right now. 

Sherri, I’m glad that your DR trip was a success. I too am not happy when strangers get too close. Will be flying in a few weeks and not looking forward to “unsolicited closeness”. 

Kat, sounds like you had a great adventure and your pictures are so well done. Like Lois, I’m not a camper but your site  looked pretty nice. “Glamping” might work but I’d rather have a cabin with all the conveniences and maybe a deck overlooking a lake. OK I know, you are laughing. Hope your future camping plans come together as you’d like.....and that your pillow gets to go along too.

Hoping all those in the path of the storms stay safe. Rain predicted here and we desperately need it. 

OOTD Well right now pj’s ‘cause it’s almost 11 pm.

Sharon

• Like 1

Melody - love the finished product!  Now you all need to buy a Solo Stove to finish it off.  2 of my neighbors have them and I'm jealous.   And, whoever is wearing those red Jambu Mary Janes, she has good taste!

OOTD:  I guess I'm heading down to REI to pick up my new cooler.  So,  probably my Army Green Vuori ripstop pants and a Tshirt.  High 50s down there and it could rain.  Rather go today since it may snow tomorrow.  I may amble down to TJ's while I'm in the Valley - I can't help myself.

Programming note:  on CNN tonight, there are 2 reruns of United Shades of America.  Excellent series.  The new season starts next Sunday, I believe.  

• Like 1

Hi Melody🙂 congrats on getting everything finished! Looks great and the food looks really good too!

You have an awesome looking family👍

• Like 1