for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Grandkids left yesterday so the packing for our move to condo has begun.  My husband has so much junk to get rid of in garage, he brought way too much with him when we made the move from Indiana.  I on the other hand, really downsized for that move which is making my packing much easier than his.

OOTD: exercise clothes this morning for 4 mile walk,  then changed to old denim capris and t shirt.  No makeup, no jewelry. 😂

Sherri🙂

I feel for your hubby.  When I divorced, I moved from a 3600 sq ft house to my little 1600 sq ft house.  Plus, I had stuff from our 1600 sq ft vacation house to deal with.  I STILL have boxes that I haven't touched since the move (in 2009)!!!  

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, slidergirl said:

Purple - I hope you were safe as Elsa went through NC.   Hurricanes/Tropical Storms scare the crap out of me.   I thought of you the other day when I was buying some new socks after trashing some old ones.  I bought some from Bombas - tie dye!  They are nice and soft and light - just what I wanted.  

We got about 2.15" of rain and no wind to speak of. I was at work, hubby at home. He was ragging on the news media and their pre-empting normal coverage to cover the non-storm. 

We are about due for a tie dye session again, but it will have to be after our vacay to Delta-variant MO later this month. I will be masking up due to my chronic lung disease and distrust of others.

418 days to our next *real* vacation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, we’re starting to get some of that smoke here too, pretty hazy today. Hope your heat isn’t as bad as St George, 117 is just insane!  

We weren't as bad as St. George, thank goodness!  We were (and still are) low 90s up here at 6500 ft.  That always feels a good 10 degrees hotter than it is, I guess because of the altitude.  It's not as smoky today, but my hills are still covered - if I look straight up I can see a tinge of blue.  I'm almost afraid to go up to the Uintas to camp because it's so dry and it could just go up at any time.  Like Colorado, there's a lot of dead trees due to the bark beetle up there just waiting to be fire fuel.  

I have enough space in my trash can for one more load of junk so I can get it picked up tomorrow.  Man, I found some Conde Naste Traveler magazine from 2014!!!   I'm just a pack rat...

Supposed to be 93 again today.  I do have to take a package to the Post Office, so I do have to get dressed in more than what I have on now 😮  I'll stop by the market to pick up some more salad makings 'cause it's too darn hot to cook.   OOTD:  one of my Athleta tanks and the Farralon bermuda shorts.  Those shorts are becoming my faves.  I wasn't sure about the length (much longer than what I usually like), but they are really comfy - kind of like cut off sweatpants.  

Stay cool and safe!

• Like 1

Hi girls😀just popping in to say hello and although the cruise is definitely different I am still happy I am here😀

Hope all of you are doing well!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls😀just popping in to say hello and although the cruise is definitely different I am still happy I am here😀

Hope all of you are doing well!

so good to hear from you Lois, glad you're having a good time!   Can't wait to hear about it 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 5:29 AM, cruise kitty said:

so good to hear from you Lois, glad you're having a good time!   Can't wait to hear about it 🙂

Hi again😀if had brought 10 days extra of all my meds I would seriously have considered staying on here for another cruise but I can't do that. OH WELL

• Like 4

SALE ALERT:  Athleta is having their semi-annual sale.  If you like those Pranayama Wraps (it's a great lightweight "sweater jacket"), they are actually on sale.

Our sky is finally clearing a little today.  Don't expect it to last, though, with all the fires in the West.  

Lois - it sounds like you are having a good time.  With only a third of capacity, I sure hope you all are being totally pampered!!

OOTD:  Athleta Farralon bermudas (becoming my favorites), an old Athleta tank top.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again😀if had brought 10 days extra of all my meds I would seriously have considered staying on here for another cruise but I can't do that. OH WELL

Sounds like you are having a good time if you don't want to come home, lol 😄.

I have read a few of your posts on the Silversea board about the ship. Can't wait to hear more when you are back.

We’re 99 days out from our cruise out of Galveston. So looking forward to cruising with our daughter (her first) & son-in-law. 

anyone looking for great clothing bargains, Chicos is having their semi-annual sale. I bought 3 fabulous tops yesterday for a total of $33. Put the items right in the cruise pile. Athleta is also having their semiannual sale. I really wanted another Santorini dress but they only had teeny tiny or huge sizes left], I’ll keep looking; maybe I’ll get lucky. If you haven’t tried them it’s a high neck, sleeveless swing dress, very figure flattering & I actually pack it in a sandwich bag in my purse!  Melody

Hi girls😀sitting on my balcony overlooking the marina in Mykonos. Luckily my balcony is shaded because it has been REALLY HOT but right now it feels lovely.

After all week of being in a good way my feet/ankles have now decided to swell😣 they used to do this but then they seemed to not do it.......now they are swollen again. Oh well. It may be  because of the booze and I have been partaking way more than normal lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls😀sitting on my balcony overlooking the marina in Mykonos. Luckily my balcony is shaded because it has been REALLY HOT but right now it feels lovely.

After all week of being in a good way my feet/ankles have now decided to swell😣 they used to do this but then they seemed to not do it.......now they are swollen again. Oh well. It may be  because of the booze and I have been partaking way more than normal lol

Hi Lois -- sounds fabulous. Enjoy some nice white Greek wine. Sorry to hear about your ankles. Probably a combination of the heat/activity and the food/drink. 

• Like 1

Good morning!

Hard to get to sleep last night - my house was 82 inside at 10pm!!!!  windows open, fans on.  It's hard to try to sleep when you are sweating...  I think I finally got to sleep around 2am and woke up at 6am.  Ugh.  It's supposed to stay hot this next week, too.  

Melody: That Santorini dress has been around Atheta for years in different permutations.  I think I had one back in the early 2000s.  I went though the sale pages - some possibilities but nothing that screamed "gotta have it."  

Lois:  You sure do sound like you are having a great time!  A ship is a good place to drink more than usual - no car to drive and you can always crawl to you cabin 😜

I went for a drive up into our local Unita Mountains yesterday, thinking I'd do a little hike at Mirror Lake.  Well, it started dumping rain, so the hike was off.  But, it was still a nice drive and I got to a 40 degree temperature difference - from about 90 at the start to 53 at Bald Mountain summit when I got there and it was raining.  My windshield even fogged up!!  Nice thing about this drive as a day trip - there is a Chevron station at the turn onto the road that makes a killer apple fritter.  Damn the diet/sugar, etc., you have to stop and get one.  But, they are gone by 9am, so get there early.   A few miles up the road is the Samak Smoke House - great jerky!  I always get the turkey jerky.  And, just past it you will find the newly-painted sign for the "Beaver Creek Nudist Camp" - various versions of the sign have been there for decades.  On the way back home, across from the Chevron station, there is now the BBQ truck camped out there.  Good 'Q.  Pickled okra, yum.  Really good mustard potato salad - I swear he uses gnocchi for his potato - it has that size and consistency.    Oh well.  I'll try the hike another day.  

• Like 2

Lois, I so wish I were you on this cruise, I love Mykonos!  I used to have problems with my feet really swelling on cruises and discovered that if I did not drink the ship’s water and used bottled water only,  no more edema!  

Movers picked up all of our furniture and boxes this morning, everything has to go to a storage unit until Wednesday. We are spending the next few days in a hotel but OOTDs will be very casual.  I have told my husband several times this week that we will never move again, unless we have to go in a healthcare facility.

Kat, your drive up the mountain sounded fun, I would love to be able to stop at some of those food places.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Hi girls,🙂 home from my cruise......got home last night.  It was a good cruise.......definitely different from the "norm" but I am really glad I sailed and met some nice folks too.😃.......it was so weird being on the water again.  Looks like while I was away the virus has gotten worse all over the place.....I think I was probably in one of the safest places anywhere. Everyone on board was vaxxed.  We were tested a total of 3 times.....once before boarding the ship, once in the middle of the cruise and then the day before we disembarked.

I can't believe it has been 18 months since my last cruise.  And I have multiple cruises booked so will see if they all go.............

Hope all of you are doing well🙂

• Like 5

Welcome home Lois!!!  Take a little time to relax and recover, then WE WANT DETAILS!!  We cruised vicariously through you...

Yep, it's gotten worse, unfortunately.  Even look at folks who went over to Tokyo - some of the already-vaxxed athletes have tested positive this week and have been bounced from the Olympics.  Many of us knew this was going to happen, but the IOC had to learn it the hard way, I guess.

The charging cable for my Mac Book died last week - it happens about every 2 years when the end that plugs into the Mac breaks inside the cable coating.  It used to be that you had to buy the entire charger/adapter plug  - an unpleasant $79 situation.  Well, the last permutation of the charger/adapter Apple changed to a 2-part system where you can buy whichever part dies.  So, it was a quick trip to Best Buy to get a new charging cable at $19.  Picked up some sushi at the market for lunch after that.  My market has guys there who make the sushi fresh every day and do good variations (lucky).   Made the trip out into the masses worthwhile.

OOTD:  another hot one, so: Orange Woolx short sleeve shirt (it really is comfy in the heat) and trusty Athleta runnng shorts, paired with Bombas tie dye ankle socks and my Just Fab sneakers.  

• Like 2

Hi Ladies, & happy Monday!   Sherri, good luck with your move... I agree, moving is the worst...  I know you said you were fixing up the new place, is it all done?  

Kat, your mountain day trip sounds great, eve if you didn't get to hike, just nice to get away...  between my "day" job, & my house flip, I've been pretty much working 24/7... can't wait to finish this house...

Lois, welcome back!!!  & yes, you were probably in the safest place, unbelievable that we are back to masks where I live....  would love to hear more about your cruise 🙂

well, that was my little work break, back to it 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome back, Lois! I really want to hear about your trip when you have time! I think you were probably safer from the virus on the cruise, Florida has gone from 10,000+ cases one week to 20,000+ the next and then 40,000+ last week.  The health department is no longer reporting daily totals as our governor said the pandemic is overt.🙄

Debbie, we had planned on doing some of the work before moving in but had to change the plan with the closing on our townhome.  That happened today and tomorrow is the condo closing.  We did our walk through today and I was surprised at the condition the seller is leaving it in.  Since we need to get into it, we  don’t have a lot of bargaining room.  Plus, I feel sorry for her as she is alone and older.  Lots of her furniture together to get rid of😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

Hi Sherri, nice of you to be so understanding about the seller's situation, lots of people would not be 🙂 good on you!     I guess the bright side is that living there, you will figure out exactly what needs to be done to make it completely "yours"

-Debbie

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Sherri, nice of you to be so understanding about the seller's situation, lots of people would not be 🙂 good on you!     I guess the bright side is that living there, you will figure out exactly what needs to be done to make it completely "yours"

-Debbie

It is amazing how understanding I can be when I am living in a motel with all my stuff in a storage unit!😂.  We bought this knowing we would need to do some work to update the master bathroom, guest bathroom and kitchen, I was just surprised by the broken lightbulbs, a missing light fixture, junk she is leaving, and lots and lots of nail holes to patch before we paint.  Will be fun!

Sherri🙂

Sherri, I’m sorry you’re moving into a place that needs so much work. You said she’s older, is it possible that she doesn’t see the issues or is unable to fix the items. Her realtor should clear anything that is left (that you don’t want). Once you’re in you’ll make it your own. Melody

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Sherri, I’m sorry you’re moving into a place that needs so much work. You said she’s older, is it possible that she doesn’t see the issues or is unable to fix the items. Her realtor should clear anything that is left (that you don’t want). Once you’re in you’ll make it your own. Melody

She has been difficult to deal with throughout the process, there were several times we seriously considered walking away but this condo has so much potential and is a corner unit which are hard to come by.  I think her agent will be happy to be done with her.  She could easily get the items fixed and I am sure she knows what she is leaving as she balked at doing a walk through which is standard procedure.  We just want to close and get started.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Humid! Well, humid for here.  It rained last evening/night and it is supposed to rain off/on today.  Only thing worse than a hot and humid night with no A/C is having a skunk add his "spray" to the mix!!!  I couldn't close the window, so I had to endure... 

sherri - I kind of understand the condition of the condo.  When the ex and I sold the "Big House", he was supposed to come and help finishing with getting rid of things and such.  Well, he didn't.  I was left scrambling to get the remaining stuff out of the house and have some cleaners come.  I sure didn't have a chance to fill any nail holes and such.  The only saving grace was the buyers asked to keep the washer/dryer and the king bed in the master.  I was still taking stuff out of the house when the new owners showed up!!  If nothing else, hire a junk company to come and haul away what need to be trashed.  Think of it as having a blank canvas.  

Anyone catch the Blue Origins rocket launch today?  It was a picture-perfect execution.  To think that Wally Funk got to finally get her ride after going through all the astronaut training with the Mercury guys in the 1960s, only to be told they weren't going to allow a woman in space, well, that was just so amazing.  

OOTD:  an old Lucky Jeans Tshirt slip dress from 2008 that I found when I was cleaning out some stuff.  I would NEVER wear this out in public (never did before), but it's perfect to wear in the house on a hot and humid day.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, not sure if you recall but earlier in the year I got a new mattress and after a while, the bed did not work for me.  I had ordered another one before I went on my cruise and it was delivered yesterday. I think this one will be better👍.......I slept well last night......this is a "SERTA HYBRID".......the top/center is memory foam.

The bottom layer is "wrapped coils".........I never thought I would like memory foam but this one feels good......supportive and has "give" to it as well.  Let's hope this one works out over the long haul this time.

Cynthia, I remember you had asked about it when I got the other bed.........I like this one better (after 1 night LOL).  But will keep you posted going forward.   It is called the ISERIES HYBRID 1000.

• Like 1