for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

12 hours ago, sjb317 said:

She has been difficult to deal with throughout the process, there were several times we seriously considered walking away but this condo has so much potential and is a corner unit which are hard to come by.  I think her agent will be happy to be done with her.  She could easily get the items fixed and I am sure she knows what she is leaving as she balked at doing a walk through which is standard procedure.  We just want to close and get started.

Sherri🙂

Sherri, I totally understand, sometimes it's best just to deal with what "is" & move forward...  we did a big downsize in spring 2015, sold our big house in the hills (with a vineyard, lol) to a little suburban house, not so high in the hills...  thought we would fix it up before moving, but our house sold in 4 hours, & they wanted us to move out in two weeks... it was crazy, but we did it.  Hope your new place turns out wonderful, I'm sure happy with ours, but it was a major PITA at the time...  🙂

• Like 1

Hi girls🙂  Sherri, I didn't realize you were moving........wishing you all the best.

Cynthia, any recommendations for a hotel in Lisbon? (Any of you really)....my next trip is in October😃

Lisbon-Lisbon for 12 nights.  I need a hotel for one night POST cruise.......staying 1 extra night because flights home from Lisbon are not good. I would not make the flight on the day we get back so will stay overnight in order to ensure my flight.  I am using the cruise line for pre-cruise......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls🙂  Sherri, I didn't realize you were moving........wishing you all the best.

Cynthia, any recommendations for a hotel in Lisbon? (Any of you really)....my next trip is in October😃

Lisbon-Lisbon for 12 nights.  I need a hotel for one night POST cruise.......staying 1 extra night because flights home from Lisbon are not good. I would not make the flight on the day we get back so will stay overnight in order to ensure my flight.  I am using the cruise line for pre-cruise......

Hi Lois, I can't help you out here, I've only been to Portugal on a cruise stop,  & it wasn't even Lisbon 😉  but I can tell you I really enjoyed Portugal ... beautiful country with lovely people...  so excited for all your travels!

For our upcoming Alaska, I just upgraded to a sky suite...it wasn't that much more per person, & since we have so many sea days it makes sense.. (for us, at least)  Can't wait to be done with our flip & on a real vacation again 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, I can't help you out here, I've only been to Portugal on a cruise stop,  & it wasn't even Lisbon 😉  but I can tell you I really enjoyed Portugal ... beautiful country with lovely people...  so excited for all your travels!

For our upcoming Alaska, I just upgraded to a sky suite...it wasn't that much more per person, & since we have so many sea days it makes sense.. (for us, at least)  Can't wait to be done with our flip & on a real vacation again 🙂

Good morning Debbie,😃 so when are you sailing to Alaska? And which Celebrity ship?

I will head over to Trip Advisor and see what hotels get better reviews........ The posts over on the Lisbon forum are quite dated but I guess I could start a new thread. 

Just a quickie..

anyone looking for a carry-on size spinner:  Sherpani has a sale on their Meridian spinner $99.  AND, it comes with a cool crossbody bag that has some good anti-theft properties without looking like a PacSafe.

I'm trying to come up with a quick getaway that isn't camping.  I need to get somewhere not hot for a few days - the heat is getting to me (a bunch of us long-haulers have discovered that we are now more heat-sensitive than we used to be).   I thought San Fransicso or my old stomping grounds in Southern California, but both are spiking with CV-19.  I want to stay away from places that are innundated with the smoke, so that eliminated some.  Any ideas?  Need to do it within the next 3 weeks.  

Hi girls, I have some crazy news😃..........I booked a cruise to Alaska for next month!  I realized this morning that I really don't like being on land LOL.........after all that time away from cruising and going to Greece? I want to be back on the water again.  Called my SS rep and got a good price........10 nights out of Seattle and the flight is included too🙂 Call me nuts..........gotta love retirement!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Debbie,😃 so when are you sailing to Alaska? And which Celebrity ship?

I will head over to Trip Advisor and see what hotels get better reviews........ The posts over on the Lisbon forum are quite dated but I guess I could start a new thread. 

Hi Lois, Alaska on the Millennium 🙂  the ship was completely redone in 2019, so it's practically brand new... it's going RT out of Seattle Sept. 24th...  only 3 ports: Ketchikan, Juneau  & Icy Strait Point, otherwise, mostly scenic sailing...  we were supposed to go to Alaska w/Celebrity in May 2020 so this will be nice, but different.   The cool part is that we will have one other ship in two ports, & only us in one,  so should be totally crowd free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I have some crazy news😃..........I booked a cruise to Alaska for next month!  I realized this morning that I really don't like being on land LOL.........after all that time away from cruising and going to Greece? I want to be back on the water again.  Called my SS rep and got a good price........10 nights out of Seattle and the flight is included too🙂 Call me nuts..........gotta love retirement!

Wow Lois, congrats!!  are you sure you don't want to go on Millennium on Sept 24th? 😉

@slidergirl  Hi Kat, I really enjoyed Coronado island when we went for my little b-day trip a few weeks ago, all the restaurants have indoor/outdoor seating, & there's plenty to do & see outdoors there...  nice weather, always a good breeze, it's a place I'd feel comfortable with right now.  San Francisco, or any big city, not so much right now.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Wow Lois, congrats!!  are you sure you don't want to go on Millennium on Sept 24th? 😉

Hi Debbie.....mine is all booked and paid for🙂.......I am sure we will both have wonderful trips!

46 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, Alaska on the Millennium 🙂  the ship was completely redone in 2019, so it's practically brand new... it's going RT out of Seattle Sept. 24th...  only 3 ports: Ketchikan, Juneau  & Icy Strait Point, otherwise, mostly scenic sailing...  we were supposed to go to Alaska w/Celebrity in May 2020 so this will be nice, but different.   The cool part is that we will have one other ship in two ports, & only us in one,  so should be totally crowd free.

Sounds great!🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Debbie.....mine is all booked and paid for🙂.......I am sure we will both have wonderful trips!

That's fantastic, are you going in August or September?  I know the first Celebrity one leaves from Seattle tomorrow, I'm excited to hear about everyone's experience !

Just now, cruise kitty said:

That's fantastic, are you going in August or September?  I know the first Celebrity one leaves from Seattle tomorrow, I'm excited to hear about everyone's experience !

I am sailing August 19th. Flying to Seattle on the 18th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirl  Hi Kat, I really enjoyed Coronado island when we went for my little b-day trip a few weeks ago, all the restaurants have indoor/outdoor seating, & there's plenty to do & see outdoors there...  nice weather, always a good breeze, it's a place I'd feel comfortable with right now.  San Francisco, or any big city, not so much right now.  

I know.  My thing is that I LOVE San Francisco.  I love it for all the walking I can do and all the various neighorhoods that I can find.  But, CV-19 is scaring me a bit, along with the explosion (unfortunately) of the homeless right around where I always stay.  I don't want to feel unsafe walking at night.  Normally I didn't mind, but I've heard they are getting a tad aggressive.  

I looked at Jackson, WY and laughed - the prices are obscene.  One motel that I stayed at back in 1978 (and was maybe a 2* back then) was asking $500/night!!!   Looked a Seattle - I like the town, but it's not as walkable as I like.  Looked at Vancouver for after Aug 8 - prices are wild there, too.  Sigh.  I will look at San Diego/Coronado.

If I could find a cruise to Alaska for under $1000 for just me, I'd maybe go... So far, not found.

9 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - I didn't see a 2021 Millie on Aug. 19.  I did see one for Aug. 19, 2022...

Hi Kat, I am not sailing on Millie......not sailing on Celebrity. 

@slidergirl I love San Francisco too, but I have heard that there is a big problem with very aggressive panhandling... & I worry about a packed city & covid....  Santa Barbara & Carmel are so pretty, but expensive!   One little town I've always liked is Cambria, search for smaller motels near Moonstone Beach...  or the town of Avila beach, super cute & right next to San Luis Obispo, has some cool breweries... hope you find something!   I am jouncing to get away from work & the house flip, but can't until we are done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm trying to come up with a quick getaway that isn't camping.  I need to get somewhere not hot for a few days - the heat is getting to me (a bunch of us long-haulers have discovered that we are now more heat-sensitive than we used to be).   I thought San Fransicso or my old stomping grounds in Southern California, but both are spiking with CV-19.  I want to stay away from places that are innundated with the smoke, so that eliminated some.  Any ideas?  Need to do it within the next 3 weeks.  

We just got back from a trip to Western South Dakota.  The weather was nice, no smoke, and a lot of hiking possibilities.  Not overly crowded although it was busy.  The restaurants are short of help just like everywhere but if you go off times not too bad.  The best part was no masks were needed anywhere even in the national parks.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, cruise kitty said:

Sherri, I totally understand, sometimes it's best just to deal with what "is" & move forward...  we did a big downsize in spring 2015, sold our big house in the hills (with a vineyard, lol) to a little suburban house, not so high in the hills...  thought we would fix it up before moving, but our house sold in 4 hours, & they wanted us to move out in two weeks... it was crazy, but we did it.  Hope your new place turns out wonderful, I'm sure happy with ours, but it was a major PITA at the time...  🙂

Cynthia, that’s exactly how I felt, we needed to be out of our townhome and have a place to go.  Originally we had two weeks between closings so we thought we could use this time to paint and clean but our buyers needed to close sooner and you don’t argue with cash buyers! 😂

Move went well but just surprised by how much junk she left.  We have made many trips to goodwill and habitat for humanity and still have more to go.  And how dirty everything was, it took me forever to clean out the refrigerator, my husband said not to use the ice maker as he could not get all the black moldy looking stuff out of it.  We had planned to replace all the appliances within the next view months but are going to do it a lot sooner. I think when we get done with the remodel it will be amazing. Everyone who has walked in is immediately drawn to the sliders for the view!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Kat, I second Coronado for your get away, we’ve always found it fun.  Also, Door County is a nice section of Wisconsin or just about any place in northern Minnesota.  Those were our summer get always until we moved to Florida.  They are both beautiful states.  And be prepared for more sticker shock when you price hotels, prices are up across the country. 

Lois, congrats on booking your Alaskan cruise!  I am thinking about booking something for the end of this month, I feel like we probably will need a get away after a few more weeks of hard work.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Just a quickie..

anyone looking for a carry-on size spinner:  Sherpani has a sale on their Meridian spinner $99.  AND, it comes with a cool crossbody bag that has some good anti-theft properties without looking like a PacSafe.

I’d say come back to Colorado Springs, but we’re having the same heat (& we’re humid too). What about Lake Tahoe or I second San Diego

Edited by awhfy

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

You go girl!!!

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

20 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Wow, we are all thinking alike. Over the past few weeks I've felt like my brain was literally melting from the summer heat/humidity and from lack of being able to plan any fun travel. So I also booked an Alaska cruise -- and on the Millennium!  Ours is before Debbie's: it leaves Seattle August 20th -- one day after Lois on her cruise.

Talk about a small world!!  🌎  I'm going with DS since the cruise fare is virtually the same for one or two people, and we're using FF miles for flights. We don't plan on doing much other than enjoying the ship and the scenery.  First time I went to Alaska on a cruise ship was back in 1977; it was so much fun -- few ships and much less touristy. Second time was in 2001, so even that's been 20 years.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, we are all thinking alike. Over the past few weeks I've felt like my brain was literally melting from the summer heat/humidity and from lack of being able to plan any fun travel. So I also booked an Alaska cruise -- and on the Millennium!  Ours is before Debbie's: it leaves Seattle August 20th -- one day after Lois on her cruise.

Talk about a small world!!  🌎  I'm going with DS since the cruise fare is virtually the same for one or two people, and we're using FF miles for flights. We don't plan on doing much other than enjoying the ship and the scenery.  First time I went to Alaska on a cruise ship was back in 1977; it was so much fun -- few ships and much less touristy. Second time was in 2001, so even that's been 20 years.

WOW...we are going to miss each other by a day? When are ya'll flying out? I am going on the 18th and sailing the next day.