for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

I love haddock,  Mahi & flounder. Unfortunately I’m allergic to salmon. I found Mahi burgers at Costco, we’re having them tonight with pineapple mango salsa

If you get to a Trader Joe's they have some various types of "fish" burgers.  

So these air fryers really work......maybe I should look for one. 

I live right near a Publix and a Sprouts.  But Publix is my preference.  We have a Trader Joe's

further away from me.  I have been there maybe twice and to be honest, I was not impressed.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I live right near a Publix and a Sprouts.  But Publix is my preference.  We have a Trader Joe's

further away from me.  I have been there maybe twice and to be honest, I was not impressed.

The only thing I buy at Tradee Joes is their lemon curd

IMO they are the perfect appliance for Florida . You never have to turn on your oven and heat up the house .I also make cajun shrimp in mine . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Publix in Florida is wonderful!!  The one near me doesn't hold a candle to the two I go to in Jacksonville when visiting my family there.

I like Trader Joe's for some things -- some of their fresh stuffed pastas, their pineapple salsa, a good reliable brand of brie that I like...  It would be hard to do a week's shopping there though.

Oh, not sure if any of you have tried vegy pasta before. There are a few brands on the market. I had "green bean

fettuccine" noodles for dinner.........they are dried veggies that you boil just like pasta..........I had some mushrooms

and some Italian seasoning (no salt in it)......I have eaten it before and didn't realize I had a package in my pantry.

I added some margarine and parm cheese too and it was really good.  Much lower in carbs.  It does need seasoning

but that is ok.  It was really good😃

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

Publix in Florida is wonderful!!  The one near me doesn't hold a candle to the two I go to in Jacksonville when visiting my family there.

I like Trader Joe's for some things -- some of their fresh stuffed pastas, their pineapple salsa, a good reliable brand of brie that I like...  It would be hard to do a week's shopping there though.

You have family here? I had no clue!  I would love to meet you!!! Maybe one day we can make that happen!

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You have family here? I had no clue!  I would love to meet you!!! Maybe one day we can make that happen!

Yes -- that would be fun when we can travel again. :classic_smile:  I usually go around the 4th of July but not sure that will happen this year....

17 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

TJs is not your usual supermarket.  Depending on my frame of mind, I can absolutely do a week's worth of shopping there.  The bread, the cheeses, the frozen food section,  the sparkling water, the whole bean coffee...  

I was shocked when I walked into my first Publix in Cocoa Beach.  That's a place I should never go to - waaaaay to many things that I wanted to buy.   But, I'm a little weird in that I LOVE to go into supermarkets wherever I travel around the world and just wander the aisles and see what they offer.

I do kind of a combo shopping - I have a "regular" supermarket (Smith's part of Kroger) and a Whole Foods within a mile of my house.   I get stuff from both places.  Before COVID, I would add in a trip to TJs on my monthly trip down the mountain.   

Today's Fashion and Beauty:  I have to go to the next town to get my snow tires taken off and my normal tires put back on.  So, I'm wearing my brand new Code Cracker cropped leggings from Title Nine, a long sleeve T-shirt that compliments the colors in the leggings, my trusty yellow trail runners, and my faded red baseball hat.  Accessories will be my "I Love Boobies" sunglasses from Blenders, my white watch,  a pair of studs, and my "safety pin" earrings (from Bauble Bar).  My bag of choice today will be my current love, my Sherpani Dispatch.    Makeup will be moisturizer with SPF.  I'm taking my camping lounge chair to relax in on the parking lot while my tires are changed - social distancing, of course.  Today's mask is a diagonal black/white striped model.

The trip MAY involve a stop at a shop that has the BEST gelato East of Florence (he makes it by hand in small batches every day).  

• Like 2

Hi girls, got my hair cut!!!!!!!😃 and I went to the grocery store.  I bought The Mrs DASH.........The original. 

And I got several things........anyone make the big Portobello Mushrooms? I got a package of 2 and will look up

some recipes on line.  I LOVE THEM😃 and I got 3 different kinds of fish and some chicken breasts, along with a 

bunch of other stuff.  The last time I went to the store, I bought hummus but when I tried it? I didn't realize I bought

a "really spicy" one and could not eat it.😠  So I got PLAIN this time!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't want to jinx myself but my feet seem to be MUCH BETTER! The swelling is way down.......normally at this time of day, they definitely have been swollen.

Today? Not so much!  Hopefully this is a good sign!!!!!!

Oh I wore a purple pair of ankle pants today........sort of light cotton and a printed top with different shades of purple.

And I even put on pair of amethyst earrings!

• Like 2

This is a dinner update.......I baked the mushrooms and they were delicious😃 I put Mrs Dash all of over them, along

with some Italian seasoning and olive oil. I baked them for about 15 minutes on 400 and then turned them over and

put mozz/parm cheeses in the center and baked another 5-7 minutes.......LOVED THEM!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi girls, got my hair cut!!!!!!!😃 and I went to the grocery store.  I bought The Mrs DASH.........The original. 

And I got several things........anyone make the big Portobello Mushrooms? I got a package of 2 and will look up

some recipes on line.  I LOVE THEM😃 and I got 3 different kinds of fish and some chicken breasts, along with a 

bunch of other stuff.  The last time I went to the store, I bought hummus but when I tried it? I didn't realize I bought

a "really spicy" one and could not eat it.😠  So I got PLAIN this time!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't want to jinx myself but my feet seem to be MUCH BETTER! The swelling is way down.......normally at this time of day, they definitely have been swollen.

Today? Not so much!  Hopefully this is a good sign!!!!!!

Oh I wore a purple pair of ankle pants today........sort of light cotton and a printed top with different shades of purple.

And I even put on pair of amethyst earrings!

Yay!!!!!!!!  We'll keep up the good thoughts for the feet.   You got all glammed up today!  

Those big portobellos - I marinate them in that Newman's dressing.  Start them top up, then turn over and put some cheese in them.  I've got to do my shopping tomorrow.   I think I'll get some shrimp and salmon.  I do need another bag of frozen chicken breasts - I'll just grab out of the bag in the morning and have it for the evening.  About that hummus - I think I know which one you are talking about for the spicy!!!  

Got the tires swapped out - a whopping $80!!  I have to save up money to buy another set of wheels, so both sets of tires are ready to go on.  The cheapest ones around are about $90/ea, so it's not a quick buy - I can save up until November.  Oh - I did stop and got a cup of gelato - salted caramel.  Yummy!!! 

• Like 2

Ok so here I am in my comfy sleep outfit, no footwear at the moment, no make up, just reading about Lois and slidergirl’s day. Lois, salons in our state are still closed. How did it all work at your salon? I bet you felt really good when you walked out with your new “do”.  Your dinner entree sounds yummy. Glad your feet are doing better.

slidergirl, our car needs its 20,000 mi or whatever that service light indicates. Have put it off as I really don’t want a stranger in my car. Wondering what precautions were taken when you had your tire service. Did they protect the inside with plastic?  I guess I am assuming that it was necessary for a technician to actually drive your car into a service bay. I saw a picture of a car with a plastic steering wheel cover, plastic covers on the shift etc and of course over the seat. Maybe I should look into one of those fogging machines that apparently the airlines are using. Told my husband that someone could make a fortune inventing a light that would reveal the Covid19 virus on surfaces. Of course it would have to be affordable and reliable. Oh, and the salted caramel gelato would have been my choice too. Sorry about the car expenses, if it isn’t one thing it’s another.

On the subject of grocery stores, I love Trader Joe’s! So easy to shop there. No sales, coupons, loyalty cards or other gimmicks to deal with. I can do most of my shopping there along with Whole Foods and a local farmers market although we aren’t shopping at the farmers markets now. Oh and sometimes Sprouts I’m not too sure that TJ’s would have worked as well when we had kids at home. But now, I don’t think I could ever live somewhere that didn’t have TJ’s. The 2 large chain super markets in our city don’t appeal to me at all. No Publix or Smiths in my state.

Sharon

Good morning, Sharon, the salon worked out well. My gal wore a mask and so did the other employees. They left it up

to the customer about their own masks.  I think there were about 4-6 customers in the shop. Some were finishing up

as I was getting my cut.  There were quite a few empty stations.  Example, my gal has and end station.......there was

nobody next to us and nobody next to that one either. All went fine😃

• Like 1

I've woken up at odds with the world this morning. Wish I could get a haircut like Lois!  And have some salted caramel gelato (yummmmmy) like slidergirl!  

Instead it's been 11 weeks at home and have only left my house once a week or less in all that time. Now it's getting too hot here to enjoy sitting in the yard plus the mosquitos are out. 

Someone please pass me a mimosa before I drown in a pool of misery. :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've woken up at odds with the world this morning. Wish I could get a haircut like Lois!  And have some salted caramel gelato (yummmmmy) like slidergirl!  

Instead it's been 11 weeks at home and have only left my house once a week or less in all that time. Now it's getting too hot here to enjoy sitting in the yard plus the mosquitos are out. 

Someone please pass me a mimosa before I drown in a pool of misery. :classic_wacko:

So sorry you are feeling blue today........((((((((((((hugs))))))))))). 

• Thanks 1

My nail salon opened Friday by appointment only. What is normally a bustling shop of 20 operators & 40 clients is now 5 clients. You text when you get there & stay in your car until they text you to come in. I always loved how careful & sanitary they were, but they’ve really stepped it up. They always used an autoclave to sterilize all tools & used a plastic (looks like a huge shower cap) inside the pedicure bowl & sanitized everything between clients (almost said patients!)  They change gloves between as well. . All the operators are wearing face shields & masks now & press n seal plastic over the different stations on top of the sanitizing. I felt very safe & my toes look great! 

690EEB57-6D50-43C4-AE5B-1AB04B3815E6.jpeg

• Like 2

Your toes do look great. 🙂

A pedicure is a great way to cheer yourself up, but I'm not sure when they'll be open again around here.  I'm kinda getting used to my longer hair, not sure what I'll do when my hair dresser is back in business, whenever that will be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

sending you a virtual cocktail :)  I feel you....  definitely have my ups & downs....

good afternoon everyone!   Supposed to be in Vancouver right now....  but..  oh well.   I did finally receive an almost full refund from Celebrity less $500.... I'm hoping it shows up by Monday, if not, I'll give them a call.   

I'm definitely a trader joe's fan...  like Whole Foods as well, but their stores are so big.   We don't have Publix here, but I'm intrigued as to what they are like..

Tomorrow was supposed to be my Grouse Grind day...  I've been training for it for almost a year now... planned on doing the timed run...obviously that's not happening but I've continued running nightly,  I go back & forth between stair running & hills, luckily we have plenty of both.  

No salons here yet,  but I'm getting used to my corona hair lol ;)  I'm actually thinking of keeping it this way for a while it's nice to not have to fuss with it...  just wash & let it dry & I think I have long beachy waves.,  the reality is pretty funny .. is it possible to have hair Stockholm Syndrome? ;)   

Purduemom:  I don't know if this was a National or regional chain - Les Schwab.  The tire place took appointments, so there was no crowd that I've seen at another place I used to go to for this.  They had 6ft markings on the floor in the office/waiting area.  All the employees (even the mechanics) wore masks.  The desk woman held up a baggie to put your keys in and when done, keys were put into a baggie and they upended the baggie to give you the keys.  People had the option to drive their car into/out of the service bays.  Since I only had tires done, they didn't need to be in the Kia, only pop open the back to get out the tires.  The waiting area was very well spaced with chairs and tables well over 6 ft away.  The desk woman wiped the chairs and table when someone left.  She also had sealed bottles of water to offer.  I was really pleased with the entire process.  My poor Kia was filthy (the car wash in town is closed for now), so I treated it to a "supreme" wash at the open car wash in town.  It was a part hand-wash and part machine.  It's all nice and happy now.  

Cruisemom:  Sorry you're having a cranky day.  We all have had them.   Yesterday was a huge day for me since I got out and went to the next town over.  I went early so I could drive some of the backroads and see some different scenery than what I see from my back porch.  Horses were out, cows were out, creeks were flowing.  The gelato is NOT cheap, but so darn good!  I don't think the town is "savvy" enough to know the difference between that gelato and what they get down the street at Granny's.  Oh well.   On that mimosa - I've got 2 bottles Prosecco here (one's in the fridge nice and cold), so if you've got the juice...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

good afternoon everyone!   Supposed to be in Vancouver right now....  but..  oh well.   I did finally receive an almost full refund from Celebrity less $500.... I'm hoping it shows up by Monday, if not, I'll give them a call.   

I'm definitely a trader joe's fan...  like Whole Foods as well, but their stores are so big.   We don't have Publix here, but I'm intrigued as to what they are like..

Tomorrow was supposed to be my Grouse Grind day...  I've been training for it for almost a year now... planned on doing the timed run...obviously that's not happening but I've continued running nightly,  I go back & forth between stair running & hills, luckily we have plenty of both.  

No salons here yet,  but I'm getting used to my corona hair lol 😉  I'm actually thinking of keeping it this way for a while it's nice to not have to fuss with it...  just wash & let it dry & I think I have long beachy waves.,  the reality is pretty funny .. is it possible to have hair Stockholm Syndrome? 😉   

I don't know if all Publix are the same, but, the one I visited in Cocoa Beach had a massive prepared food/deli section that blew me away.  The rest of the supermarket was like any other, to me.  BUT, they had people who wheeled my purchases out to my car and put them in the trunk!!!!! 

I did that yesterday with my hair.  It was kind of beachy (low humidity = not much wave/curl).  Today, it looks HORRIBLE!  Got to re-wet it if I go out or put on the trusty baseball hat! 

Cruise Kitty: I had to look up the Grouse Grind,  Yozah!!!!  Now I know why you trained!!!   For your training - have you done the Calabassas Stairs trail?  Look it up!!

• Like 1

Publix is known for their customer service and they ALWAYS offer to take your cart out to you car. (well, around 

here they do anyway).   I also feel like they keep their stores VERY clean (not just in this time) but always.  They

have multiple managers on site daily.   And we have a very nice deli section too...........that does vary store to store.

• Like 1