PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Over 2 weeks now from our 'super-spreader' birthday party - survived so far, and no word from the hosts indicating that any that attended tested positive since then

we had 4.5 inches of rain yesterday alone - clear today so far - got the grass cut by the lawn dude

had an electrician out to disconnect the power from our hot tub / spa on the pool deck - hope to get it removed today now (17 years old, been down for the last year or so) - then decide if we will replace , prolly not at this time ... need to replace the pool screen, but not until after hurricane season now

the year that will never end ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

We’re considering a hot tub for the deck... did you enjoy yours?

totally ... it was really 'private' 😉

we both fell a few years ( 5 ) ago and used it extensively for therapy , esp. my wife 

got to having a lot of problems with leaking and motors, plus it was getting harder to get in and out of, so , it's gone now

frees up some deck space ...

We have had some haze here in Eastern Maine from the West Coast wildfires. Amazing to see that. 

Being Northern New England fall is definitely been here for the last few weeks. Trees starting to change.

We are lucky that we have not been hit too badly with the COVID. Most of it is in the Southern part of the state which is more populated. Canadian border still closed which is too bad as one of our favorite restaurants with seating on the ocean was in Canada.

We are supposed to be grazed by Tropical Storm Teddy later today (rain, winds up to 40 mph which is par for the course anyway up here) before it heads up to Nova Scotia.

Keeping safe and looking forward to be in the warm Caribbean 4 months from now :)

• Like 2

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I was out on the Rowboat all day it was great in Boston you couldn’t ask for a better day. I had the Rowboat humming on my way to Cape Cod. We did not do any fishing at all 😁 happy happy. I really like being on a Princess cruise ship. But I love being on The Rowboat!!! 

The best thing right now is I don’t have to worry about catching the virus while I’m on The Rowboat.
Love you all, 🥰

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

FD570B68-3217-4BD2-A72E-CC7CB3846AA9.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 3

3 of the 5 might be working: Dtr gets paperwork on job to complete this week with orientation in early October, Grandson #1 started with 2 classes & 1 mtg a week / now 4 classes & 1 mtg a week (say what you want about cohort teaching pods unfair but they pay his rent), Grandson #2 is cutting new tracks. Just 2 to go: son & daughter's significant other

• Like 1

How are things where we are?

Well, we have been blessed with the birth of a new 'son'!  Dudley was born on 8-31-2020.  Don't know the exact time and we don't know his birth weight.  But we are sure happy parents and believe he is the best looking 'son' around!

What do you  think?

DSCN1720[1].JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Do you know how they make that unusual sound?

Air is sucked in through the nose to make the hee sound.  And then it is blown out the mouth to make the haw sound.

Interesting to know!  He's so cute!

24 minutes ago, Plant said:

Interesting to know!  He's so cute!

If someone calls you a *****, don't take offense.  It's actually a compliment.  Donkeys are usually very loveable, have excellent hearing and memories, are extremely intelligent (contrary to popular belief) and serve as excellent guards for sheep, goats, chickens, etc.  

My donkeys guard my sheep and sleep with them every night.  They are happiest when they have companionship.  No predater would come near and live to see another day if there is a donkey around.  What's not to like about them?

Edited by 1980dory
Jack refers to a male donkey and ass is the correct term for the breed of animal. Thus lackass is not a derogatory or inappropriate term as used.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

How are things where we are?

Well, we have been blessed with the birth of a new 'son'!  Dudley was born on 8-31-2020.  Don't know the exact time and we don't know his birth weight.  But we are sure happy parents and believe he is the best looking 'son' around!

What do you  think?

DSCN1720[1].JPG

I love him!! I just wish you called him Tony. 😁😁

Tony

17 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I love him!! I just wish you called him Tony. 😁😁

Tony

Well, how about if we rename him Dudley Tony?  Actually when he was born, on the first day we thought Dudley was a girl so we named 'her', Dolly and she was Dolly Donkey.  On the second day of life we saw her take a pee and thought something didn't look right.  So we renamed Dolly to the more appropriate, Dudley.

Mama would not let anyone near her baby when he was born.  So it took awhile to get positive gender verification.

Come to think of it, with all these name changes he may develop an identity crisis.  Maybe we should just leave it at Dudley.

Tony, the Godfather position is still available if you would like to take that instread of a renaming.  You do know your responsibilities as Godfather don't you?

Edited by 1980dory
grammer correction

Hi 1980dory,

I have been called Godfather by a lot of my friends. I would be proud to be called Godfather by Dudley!! 😁

I will be sending a friend of mine to see Dudley to make him an offer he can’t refuse with a little Treat  😳😁

See Photo.

Dudley’s Godfather,

Tony

D56DCB2F-27BA-4CF2-9A70-79F8AACCB8CB.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/26/2020 at 1:00 AM, Thrak said:

Saw this today and it kind of stuck a chord:

d655ea5c-22c2-4116-8abe-eebbfd30a7fb.jpg

Oh boy can I relate.. I have a compression fracture to my vertabrea ! My bones just decided not to support me!  😞 I felt my doctor was poo pooing me told me to take tylenol! Lucky for me she took a day off. Another doctor in her office sent me for an xray. I was in tears by then you can only take so much pain!

He gave me the good meds I slept for 10 hours..lol

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

I have been called Godfather by a lot of my friends. I would be proud to be called Godfather by Dudley!! 😁

I will be sending a friend of mine to see Dudley to make him an offer he can’t refuse with a little Treat  😳😁

See Photo.

Dudley’s Godfather,

Tony

D56DCB2F-27BA-4CF2-9A70-79F8AACCB8CB.jpeg

Thanks Godfather.  That was very thoughtful!  But at three weeks age, Dudleys just not up to apples yet.  Instead of a "little Treat" he much prefers a "little teat" from mama.  Did you mispell the word?

6 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Thanks Godfather.  That was very thoughtful!  But at three weeks age, Dudleys just not up to apples yet.  Instead of a "little Treat" he much prefers a "little teat" from mama.  Did you mispell the word?

Sorry if I did Dudley.

Tony

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Sorry if I did Dudley.

Tony

That's OK Tony.  Dudley hasn't started reading yet and so he doesn't know what we

are saying about him on this forum.  I did tell him that you are going to be his new Godfather

and he is very excited to be going on the rowboat soon.  Do you have a lifejackjet for him and his mama?

She'll have to come along too in case Dudley needs a snack.  Can he get a non-resident fishing license also?

He'll also need some swim trunks if we go to the beach.  Mama will need a swimsuit also, and she really

prefers a two piece.  Would you happen to have these items available?  How about a nursing bra for her?

BTW: Mama does prefer apples and carrots but Dudley is strict about his diet of warm milk ONLY.

Also:  Which Princess cruise are you on?  I can't find roll calls.  We're on the 3-3-21 Ruby to Hawaii.

We were plannig on taking Dixie and Dudley but we're having a little trouble finding face masks that fit.

If we can find masks for them, they will come as our support animals.  ( I wonder if Dudley gets a child's rate)? 

Are they going to need passports also?

Let's hope they have some good apples, carrots, grass and hay on the buffet.  Otherwise, they'll have to do alternative dining

to get the special eats.

This will be a good trip for them to get their sea legs in preparation for the next trip on the rowboat.

Thanks again!

20 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends and my godson Dudley,😁

Just getting back on Topic. Today in Boston was not that good.  I will be tying up The Rowboat for a few days the weather is not going to be that good.😢

E1556936-9E18-4BFC-8C2B-C3CDAF05DFFB.jpeg

Tony.

Are you on the 3-3-21 Ruby to Hawaii?

1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

Tony.

Are you on the 3-3-21 Ruby to Hawaii?

Hi Dudley, 😁

I was going to book 20 days on the Sky Princess. We have decided not to take any cruises until they come up with a virus vaccine. My wife and I think it’s just not worth taking a chance going on a cruise. We are lucky that we can go on The Rowboat and have a great time. 
Love Ya 🥰 your Godfather,

DC5B777A-677D-4EBC-86B1-A94A4FB7654D.jpeg

• Like 1