Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

We want amazing cruises hopefully we can be out on trips soon.* Most important* Topic*(now merged) -  Cunard have removed cruises on their website up until August. How are things where you are? - probably better now things seem to be getting clearer and can hopefully book with more confidence 

Melbourne Age today says that on current information Australia will be closed to incoming and outgoing international tourism until at least the end of this year. Queen Elizabeth's first Melbourne visit is scheduled for Nov 25th. It would be good if, assuming we stamp out the virus here (shocking contrast in stats between UK and Australia) we could have QE return to service with a quarantined crew after our winter for Australia-only cruises, but after the Ruby Princess debacle there might be a continuing resistance to interstate travel. 

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/borders-to-stay-closed-travellers-urged-to-see-australia-first-once-curbs-ease-20200410-p54iw4.html

Happy Easter everyone, we've had beautiful weather the last few days but it's cloudier today. Mr HH ventured out to collect some medication for his Mother yesterday but apart from that we've taken the advice broadcast via loudspeaker from a council van (in both languages of course) driving round the village by staying home.

We are close to beaches and cliff top walks, all car parks are closed but the Coastguard raced along the main road yesterday morning. They reported on Facebook that they had been called out to a dog lost over the cliffs. Not found yet unfortunately.

The Easter egg is intact so far but I'm not sure if it will last until Tuesday !

I've got a couple of virtual catch ups planned for this afternoon.

One of my Australian cousins called from Brisbane yesterday morning which was lovely.

I hope everyone is staying safe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Happy Easter everyone, we've had beautiful weather the last few days but it's cloudier today. Mr HH ventured out to collect some medication for his Mother yesterday but apart from that we've taken the advice broadcast via loudspeaker from a council van (in both languages of course) driving round the village by staying home.

We are close to beaches and cliff top walks, all car parks are closed but the Coastguard raced along the main road yesterday morning. They reported on Facebook that they had been called out to a dog lost over the cliffs. Not found yet unfortunately.

The Easter egg is intact so far but I'm not sure if it will last until Tuesday !

One of my Australian cousins called from Brisbane yesterday morning which was lovely.

Oh the second Easter egg from Hotel Chocolat ??

Happy Easter everyone. Hope whatever the weather & whatever else is going on that you are having some rest & relaxation this weekend. I was going to say a peaceful weekend but the sound of lawnmowers is drowning out the calming buzz of bees 🐝 in my garden right now!

As there has been much mention of the excellent products made for this season by Hotel Chocolat, I thought I would attach a photo...A96A5AB4-C38D-4F56-9971-FFCBC3FFE0E9.thumb.jpeg.b50f92edb169bce9806e306bccbf640f.jpeg

• Like 3

Wouldnt it be such a wonderful thing if we were able to collect up  lorry loads of Easter eggs and present them at all to our hospitals and care for all the hard working NHS and support staff. It would be such a wonderful thing at this time and show the true meaning of Easter? Happy Easter to all our caring Doctors and Nurses working those continuous 12 hour shifts

Just finished a traditional Easter ham dinner with Mrs. Bluemarble. Just the two of us this year which is out of the ordinary. But speaking of out of the ordinary, last Easter (April 21, 2019), I had boarded QM2 and was preparing to depart on a round trip crossing from New York. Let's hope by next year Cunard will be back in operation. The current itinerary has QM2 sailing between Salalah, Oman and Aqaba, Jordan next Easter (April 4, 2021) during the final segment of her world voyage. I'd love to be following along reading blogs of next year's world voyages.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

You mention two languages. Is that The Queens English and the local dialect?

17 hours ago, alc13 said:

Enough with this egg temptation!  I had to investigate, see the result -

image.thumb.png.ebab2fb8ee9d466b9929c95beb1ff6a2.png

I’m sure the wait will be worthwhile! Glad to see you are a dark chocolate fan. Please let us know what you think when it arrives.  Mine is still intact (it’s the ginger one in the photo) but will be opening it later this morning, which is a bank holiday in most of the UK. 

STOP PRESS...........LATEST NEWS................".CRUISE CRITIC" IS TO BE RENAMED..... "THE EGG CRITIC"...... ALL egg reviews welcome ..........cruising is CANCELLED......Lets get rid of ALL cruise threads.... Possible Topic(Chocolate joke!) ... Best provider?........ Tastiest Chocolate?.....Value for money?.........Best packaged?.........Milk, dark or white..... Let,s use our imagination........