New cancellation announced

drunkfish3

30 minutes ago, TechDiva said:

This isn't necessarily new.  It just took a few days for Carnival to post it on their website.  I saw it sometime last week.

We were on one of these sailings, your time frame is accurate.  

• Like 3

I think many more will be cancelled soon. It looks like the medical "beards" do not have a very rosy outlook on lifting the ban on travel for pleasure to Canada or Mexico, nor even allowing folks out of the house except necessary exclusions. 

I'm with a group that is sailing on the Panarama on April 18. Me and 5 other cruisers.

We are pretty stressed and not sure what to do. We've heard the phones are completely tied up. And we have a "hunch" that Carnival will likely cancel the next batch, but we don't want to wait until the last second and lose our chance to get a refund, since we have a March 31st deadline to decide.

Not sure what we should do.

Fendersrule, we went through much the same thought process before the first round of cancellations, with our cruise scheduled for March 29.  Without knowing what the financial ramifications would be we decided to make that a secondary consideration.

Instead we based our decision on which one would cause us and our families the least stress.  We trusted Carnival not to sail if it would put crew and passengers in danger.  When Carnival did cancel we felt both disappointment, and relief that a decision was made.

I can only suggest doing whatever will result in the least amount of stress on each of you.

I will be beyond surprised if Carnival sails in April.

Edited by bury me at sea
To make clear my response was to Fendersrule.

27 minutes ago, fendersrule said:

I'm with a group that is sailing on the Panarama on April 18. Me and 5 other cruisers.

We are pretty stressed and not sure what to do. We've heard the phones are completely tied up. And we have a "hunch" that Carnival will likely cancel the next batch, but we don't want to wait until the last second and lose our chance to get a refund, since we have a March 31st deadline to decide.

IMHO, if you want to cruise, then don't cancel.   If they (Carnival) ends up cancelling, then you will probably be "rewarded" with OBC and FCC.   Which is what I'm planning to do for my June cruise.    

If they cancel on me, sure my money will be tied up in FCC, but I still plan to cruise in the future so I feel like I'll come out a winner!!

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
spelling
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, fendersrule said:

I think that if you cancel, you'll be offered FCC, not a full refund.  I have a cruise in May that is included as part of the group of cruises initially offered the option to cancel, and the cancel terms are FCC and not a full refund.

One other consideration is how fast will a replacement cruise fill up. I considered wait and see for more obc to cancel my may 2nd cruise but looked at october for the same cruise route and found it almost full. So i chose quality of cruise over waiting for more obc and cancelled and rescheduled. He who hesitates may be losing out in long run. Just my humble suggestion. Cancel and reschedule another cruise. There are literally thousands waiting to do the same.

If you are on Panorama, I can pretty much guarantee they will cancel those sailings in April. Orange and LA counties are under shelter in place orders, not to mention the Mexico border is still closed. The US is now 3rd in the world for infections. Mexico is gong to keep Americans out as long as possible, I think.  If the cruise lines lift their no-sail, I would bet money Gavin Newsom orders our CA ports are to close to cruise ships. Play "cancellation chicken" with Carnival. It worked out well for us and our March 28 sailing. We waited and now get to choose our "prize." I'm glad we didn't take the first offer.

22 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

One other consideration is how fast will a replacement cruise fill up. I considered wait and see for more obc to cancel my may 2nd cruise but looked at october for the same cruise route and found it almost full. So i chose quality of cruise over waiting for more obc and cancelled and rescheduled. He who hesitates may be losing out in long run. Just my humble suggestion. Cancel and reschedule another cruise. There are literally thousands waiting to do the same.

This depends on when you cruise, to where and when you are able to cruise. I was looking at End of August this year and it was DIRT cheap, but plenty of rooms. I have until Dec 31 to decide if I want a FCC or if I just want money back. I am waiting to see when it looks like we will legally be able to sail again and how our job situation unfolds. I may want to do my vacation, but if my husband is laid off, I know I'll be wanting that $2000 back in my pocket. This is one of those situations where you know your own risk vs reward for your family and your finances. No one else does, but we can share our input to help you see different scenarios.

• Like 1

We were scheduled for the Vista April 11. I called and they said no decision had been made so if I cancelled, my "penalty" amount would be put in FCC and all excursions, port fees and gratuities would be refunded to my original form of payment. No refund of VPP though so it cost me around $400 to cancel. The cross border policy with Mexico and the dismal outlook for normalcy by April 10 were at the forefront of my decision.

We are booked on Dream out of Galveston on 4/18/20...one week post the current cancellations..We have never received any of the emails with the offer to cancel and rebook with OBC by 3/31/20 but I have seen them posted here....we do,however, continue to get emails about excursions and how many days left to cruise...Obviously, we feel this will be cancelled as well, that being said, if Carnival cancels, they are offering double the OBC than if we cancel first.. so it is a waiting game at this point to choose the best offer...The above cancellation memo from Carnival states that the offer is also extended to those that had already cancelled their trip prior to Carnival cancelling it...am I reading this properly in that even if we cancel by 3/31 with the $150 OBC offer (5 day trip) and then Carnival extends their cancellations to include this date that we can then receive the $300 OBC offer ?(assuming they offer the same cancellation policy on future cruises booked before 3/6/20)  any thoughts?

Looks like they have really changed their Cruise and Sailing Update page... At one point they had more relaxed cancellation notices.  Now there are only 4 links.  The one I am referring to that was removed was no stress cancellation or something to that effect.

20 hours ago, fendersrule said:

Thanks. It sounds like Carnival needs to be more proactive on the next set of cruises past April 9th. It's causing lots of panic for our friends/family.

Heavy sigh, hard to be proactive when you think you are sailing and told at 5:30 pm you are not sailing the next day.  Trust me they know all about stress..

they will cancel all sailings through May 11. Royal Carribbean just made that announcement and I tried to book several carnival cruises just now for the first week in may and it won't let me book. they all say unavailable. all cruises through may 11 can't be booked online but the ones after that can be booked. 

12 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

they will cancel all sailings through May 11. Royal Carribbean just made that announcement and I tried to book several carnival cruises just now for the first week in may and it won't let me book. they all say unavailable. all cruises through may 11 can't be booked online but the ones after that can be booked. 

I'm so bummed, we're supposed to be sailing on May 9 😢

On 3/23/2020 at 5:54 PM, fendersrule said:

when you call push the button for new cruise bookings!!!  they passed me right through!!  BTW it was by accident not intentional!!

7 minutes ago, travelgirl29 said:

I'm so bummed, we're supposed to be sailing on May 9 😢

so sorry, I know you are disappointed. But if they offer you the onboard credit like they did the other sailings, when you rebook you may be money ahead. I just can't imagine how much money they are losing each day. 

As disappointing as it will be to rebook, it's good to not have to worry about catching a virus while traveling through an airport or getting home and self-quarantining for 14 days.  That's a pain.  I am in week two right now.  I would much rather rebook and cruise later this year at a time when I can really enjoy everything.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

As disappointing as it will be to rebook, it's good to not have to worry about catching a virus while traveling through an airport or getting home and self-quarantining for 14 days.  That's a pain.  I am in week two right now.  I would much rather rebook and cruise later this year at a time when I can really enjoy everything.

I agree. we are trying to figure out when we are going to book. I was looking at July or august

• Like 1

From Royal's page:

Royal Caribbean Extends Global Suspension of Cruising

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

MIAMI - Given global public health circumstances, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has decided to extend the suspension of sailings of our global fleet.

We are working with our guests to address this disruption to their vacations, and we are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience. We are also working with our crew to sort out the issues this decision presents for them.

We expect to return to service on May 12, 2020. Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada and New England sailings July 1, 2020.

With southwest Florida becoming a growing hotspot, I would think there will be a staggered start.  John also mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, if they got the cruise to nowhere section waived (meaning ports would still not allow ships) who would sail.

20 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

With southwest Florida becoming a growing hotspot, I would think there will be a staggered start.  John also mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, if they got the cruise to nowhere section waived (meaning ports would still not allow ships) who would sail.

Unless they can actually test people for the virus before they board the ship, it's just too risky now as thousands of people are getting the virus.  Not to mention flying and going through airports would definitely be a hot spot to pick up the virus.  As long as we are on the increasing side of the virus and not the decreasing, I don't see cruises happening.  If the medicines start to work and we are start to see a decrease in cases with sick people getting better quicker, then I see them opening up the ports in June.

Edited by TNcruising02