Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

November 2021 or 2022 ?

This November, 2020. Of course it says "expected date", so nothing confirmed. Can't help but get my hopes up though! Report from Cruise Industry News.

Edited by SilkySal
add

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

This November, 2020. Of course it says "expected date", so nothing confirmed. Can't help but get my hopes up though! Report from Cruise Industry News.

Yes, I am keeping my hopes up too. If a miracle happens and ships decide to sail, I am ready for a Thanksgiving cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We cancelled our Dec.2020 cruise in March .I will be shocked if there will be a November 2020 cruise.

We cancelled our Jan 2021 cruise also a few weeks ago.  Our  next cruise is scheduled for March 2021.  If that isn't a go- we have an August 2021 cruise.  And I am considering a make up cruise in June- but at this point- we will wait to see if March 2021 happens.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We cancelled our Jan 2021 cruise also a few weeks ago.  Our  next cruise is scheduled for March 2021.  If that isn't a go- we have an August 2021 cruise.  And I am considering a make up cruise in June- but at this point- we will wait to see if March 2021 happens.

I went to a doctor today.When I was in his office 2 weeks ago he wore a mask.Today he wore gloves,two masks and a shield.He said that he expects to be wearing these for quite some time.He does not expect a change because too many people are getting disgusted and are not wearing masks.

10 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Heads up! Google news says several RCCL ships (named them all) will be starting up in November!!!!! Hope it's good news and not fake news!!

It was a slow news day at the web site which generated that - they've done that (simply list the sailings on RCI's schedule) in the past and made it sounds like news.

• Like 1

our last cruise was in february with the German Cruiseline TUI. Every other cruise in 2020 was cancelled.

But we got a big chance in starting rivercruises in Germany, going to Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Hungary and some other places.

We started our first rivercruise in Europe in july on Amawaterways, which is normally not available for german cruisers. But now they have a cooperation with a german TA and we had a wonderful cruise in the Rhine. Only 50 passengers and about 50 crew members. We really enjoyed it. 

Next month we will be on the Danube for 12 days and if there will be anything with raising infections in one of the countries, Arosa will change the tour, not stopping in hotspots.

It´s a really good alternative instead of cruising with RCI or other cruiselines.

We feel safe in our country, because we have a lot of ristrictions. All of us are wearing masks when we go shopping, in public busses or  events inside. We can visit restaurants and we can travel to few other countries. But of course we also have more infections by people coming back from countries with lot more infections. But we will be tested for Covid-19 at the airports, the ports, the frontiers. 

Meanwhile the german cruiseline TUI has started with cruises from 3 to 8 days, without any ports. But people love that and they are really succesful and have no complains about the ristrictions onboard.

Stay all healthy and hope to see some of you next year on one of RCI´s ships.

We are booked Constellation in may for a 13 day cruise in the Mediterranean.

Marita

• Like 2

GOOD MORNING ALL. 

WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD TODAY,  I WANTED TO TAKE A FEW MINS TO REMEMBER AND SAY THANK YOU TO  THE AMAZING CREW OF LIBERTY OF THE SEAS, IT IS 1 YEAR TO THE DAY SINCE THIS AMAZING CREW SAVED MY LIFE AFTER A MAJOR HEART ATTACK ON BOARD.  THE SPEED AND DEDICATION THEY SHOWED THAT DAY  SAVED MY LIFE AND THE SUPPORT RCI GAVE TO MY WIFE WHO WAS ALONE IN MEXICO FOR A MONTH WAS TRULY AMAZING!!  I KNOW MOST OF THE CREW ARE IN THERE HOME COUNTRIES ACROSS THE WORLD, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART AND SOUL FOR THE ACTIONS AND CARE THEY GAVE TO ME AND MY WIFE.  

YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOUR TEAM.....I KNOW I AM AND MY WIFE TOO, WE WILL BE LOYAL RCI CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE.....

AGAIN, THANK YOU CAPTAIN AND THE AMAZING CREW OF LIBERTY OF THE SEAS!!! 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, would like us all to take some time and remember the wonderful crew members from the various ships we  have cruised with through the years. They looked after us and many became our friends.  You wonder how they and their families are faring during this pandemic and lockdown. I worry that they are unemployed and barely making ends meet.

I also worry that they will risk their lives again when the ships sail only to see them shut down again due to those who refuse to socially distance or wear masks. It's not just Americans who suffer when others don't care if they live or die...or care if they take the rest of us along with them.

Europeans are trying to be civilized. Their reward is to cruising again with safety measures and the joy of knowing you can still have fun with them. We Americans just keep allowing others to make dumb decisions for the rest of us which we all know are wrong on so many levels. I really have no appetite now for sailing with them and ending up on Gilligan's Island where they won't socially distance or wear masks either.

I so long to sail again and feel the breeze running through my hair now that it's grown back again after my recent chemo and radiation. But I don't want to die on a Ghost Ship with a bunch of clowns who don't respect science or God.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, SilkySal said:

Heads up! Google news says several RCCL ships (named them all) will be starting up in November!!!!! 

I highly doubt it. As much as I've learned to detest the phrase (guess my political leanings are now clearly evident..lol) I'd say it's "fake news". 

On 8/27/2020 at 9:02 AM, love to cruise 2017 said:

GOOD MORNING ALL. 

WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD TODAY,  I WANTED TO TAKE A FEW MINS TO REMEMBER AND SAY THANK YOU TO  THE AMAZING CREW OF LIBERTY OF THE SEAS, IT IS 1 YEAR TO THE DAY SINCE THIS AMAZING CREW SAVED MY LIFE AFTER A MAJOR HEART ATTACK ON BOARD.  THE SPEED AND DEDICATION THEY SHOWED THAT DAY  SAVED MY LIFE AND THE SUPPORT RCI GAVE TO MY WIFE WHO WAS ALONE IN MEXICO FOR A MONTH WAS TRULY AMAZING!!  I KNOW MOST OF THE CREW ARE IN THERE HOME COUNTRIES ACROSS THE WORLD, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART AND SOUL FOR THE ACTIONS AND CARE THEY GAVE TO ME AND MY WIFE.  

YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOUR TEAM.....I KNOW I AM AND MY WIFE TOO, WE WILL BE LOYAL RCI CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE.....

AGAIN, THANK YOU CAPTAIN AND THE AMAZING CREW OF LIBERTY OF THE SEAS!!! 

Tremendous moving story, and what a blessing that they were there at that moment to save you.  I hope that you're enjoying good health and that one day you'll be able to return on the Liberty of the Seas for another cruise.  Stay safe!

How are things where I am?  Well, it's September 25th and I'm at home in Toronto.  With all of the depressing talk of a fall spike in Covid and everything else going on in this crazy world, we've managed to enjoy some beautiful warm weather (25 C / 77 F).  My DW and I have been treated to a show by about a dozen blue jays visiting our feeder in the yard.  Nature is beautiful.  Still each day, we think about when we'll be able to return to sail and enjoy the movement of indigo coloured waves.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

How are things where I am?  Well, it's September 25th and I'm at home in Toronto.  With all of the depressing talk of a fall spike in Covid and everything else going on in this crazy world, we've managed to enjoy some beautiful warm weather (25 C / 77 F).  My DW and I have been treated to a show by about a dozen blue jays visiting our feeder in the yard.  Nature is beautiful.  Still each day, we think about when we'll be able to return to sail and enjoy the movement of indigo coloured waves.

For some weird reason, our Alexa tuned in to Canadian radio.  Heard a spike in Toronto!  My cousin lives in Missisaga (sp?)  Heard restaurants might close again.  So scary!

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

For some weird reason, our Alexa tuned in to Canadian radio.  Heard a spike in Toronto!  My cousin lives in Missisaga (sp?)  Heard restaurants might close again.  So scary!

Like it seems everywhere, we're having a bit of a spike.  Though I think we're still below most areas but you never want to go up.  They've cut back bars and restaurants until 11 PM for the time being. 

How is it where I live for Covid?  We feel very fortunate to live in probably one of the safest places to be during the pandemic.  We live in the beautiful mountains of Panama about 1 ½ from Panama City.

Panama has a very strict quarantine.

Since March any time you are outside your house you are to wear a mask.  From my observation there is nearly 100% compliance.

From early March until two weeks ago, women could go out to the grocery store, gas station and pharmacy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for an hour and men Tuesday and Thursday - with 1/2 hour commute time either side of shopping time. The hour is based on the last digit of a SSN (Cedula number) number.

Oh, they gave us seniors 3 hours to shop from 7am to 10 am on our designated women/men days

No one except essential workers can go out on Sunday.

And there is a curfew from 7pm to 5am (which last we switched to 11pm to 5am.) Fines were imposed on violators.  I saw a posting where one jurisdiction had the violators lined up on a Saturday morning and had the violators literally cleaning the streets as their punishment.

There are lines at the stores to get in....they regulate how many people are in the store...someone at the door takes your temperature, applies hand sanitizer and you will have a mask at all stores at all times. At the checkouts there are markings for you to keep the proper distance in line.  People in the stores try to avoid being close to others.  I found that Panamanians are very polite and helpful people in general.

The police and/or gov’t officials randomly monitor the stores to make sure protocols are being followed. You see people constantly cleaning in the grocery stores.  One of our local grocery stores (think Giant, Safeway, Kroger or Publix ) had 9 people test positive for the virus.  The store was closed for more than 24hours and cleaned and disinfected.  Another store more the like a Super Target had some positive cases of workers and the store was closed for 2 days of cleaning and disinfecting.

Restaurants can do take out or delivery only.

There has been a huge effort both by the government and private groups to deliver food bags with essentials to every household in need.

We aren't living that much different than normal except we can't get together with friends and neighbors.

And my cleaning lady can't come and clean because of the restrictions.

The airports were completely closed to passenger traffic except the odd humanitarian flight. A couple of weeks ago Copa has started limited flights.  International flights are scheduled to start again October 12th.

Hotels have not been open but are scheduled to reopen October 12th. 

Recently hardware stores and dentists have opened.

These restrictions have been in effect since March. For a period of time (6 weeks or so) there was a complete dry law in effect - no beer, wine or hard alcohol for sale anywhere.   

There are what they call "sanitary fences" in place so people are not supposed to travel outside their province without permission. A province would be about the size of a county in the US. If you have doctor's appointment outside your province you have to get a letter from your doctor to show at the check point. 

Essential workers had to get a piece of paper (Salvo Conductor) that allowed them to be out and about.

I have not seen any shortages of masks, cleaning supplies or toilet paper.  I even took pictures of the fully stocked shelves.

Gatherings have been very restricted and if the restrictions are violated there are hefty fines.  There was a wedding that had several hundred attendees.  The wedding party was fined something like $50,000 and the caterer $10,000.  A political group had a luncheon at a local restaurant.  I think the party was fined $10,000 and the restaurant was also fined as they were not supposed to be open. 

A couple of weeks ago the women/men and time restrictions were relaxed and people can go shop anytime outside the curfew hours.

Starting next week restaurants can have limited sit down service.  Unfortunately the beaches will still be closed for a while longer. 

The government has done a great job of keeping the public informed of what is going on.  There is a detailed briefing at 6pm every day.  There is a project called Panama Solidario where the government and private groups are distributing food bags and money to the needy.  It also covers initiatives to get the Panamanian people through the pandemic. Take a look at the @MINSAPma  or one of the news channel accounts such as @prensacom or @TVNnoticias on Twitter for more details.

Sorry this is kind of long but I just wanted to put forward that there are places where people are pulling together and helping each other get through the pandemic. 

• Like 1