VERY DISAPPOINTED in Celebrity

tommy

48 minutes ago, tommy said:

OK end of story we did e-mail ceo Lisa. We receive reply from office of Lisa. FCC SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMBINED we now have $5000 cruise credit.We received taxes&port charges credited back to our card.

TOM

Excellent. I'm happy to see common sense prevail.

• Like 2

I have also had success with an issue going to the office of the CEO where common sense finally prevailed.  I do wish they would empower some lower level of customer service reps to make these kind of decisions.

I believe the lower levels were citing the rules as technically it was 2 cruises being cancelled and credited even though it was a B2B.   And the rule has always been 1 FCC redemption per cruise. 

But as I said you got the issue to be reviewed by a sensible personn who was empowered to come up with a sensible solution, combining the 2 FCC's into 1.   Good for you.

Here is the text from the FCC I was issued for a cancelled cruise last summer.

"One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate. Excludes Galapagos sailings unless certificate was issued for a Galapagos sailing

I have a very similar story. We were offered the FCC because we canceled 48 hours prior to travel. The people that waited till the cruise canceled got a refund. I don’t understand why we can’t get a refund since we canceled for exactly the same reason that the cruise line canceled.

I got the same runaround that policy was that nobody got money, only credit. I asked this directly of the CEO.

Again the answer,”policies are policies,” is not truthful since somebody made the policy to begin with. Of course we will try to fall back on travel insurance, but this certainly seems like a class action lawsuit type problem. The executives of the company will walk away with plenty of compensation while the customer service representatives will all be out of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 hours ago, tommy said:

OK end of story we did e-mail ceo Lisa. We receive reply from office of Lisa. FCC SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMBINED we now have $5000 cruise credit.We received taxes&port charges credited back to our card.

TOM

I'm glad you were able to get your FCCs combined and thank you for opening this thread. We just had our 25 day B2B canceled and we're supposed to receive 125% in FCCs by May 13th for the 2 cruises.

As our next cruise with X is another B2B in Apr 2021, it will be interesting to see if our X PCC spreads them separately across the 2 cruises. It will also be interesting to see how they will post the 125% in OBC we got for some of the excursions we had pre-booked on each leg. In this case we would definitely prefer they spread the OBC separately across the 2 cruises rather than posting it all on the first one.

My DW just asked what happens if the FCC for a cruise is more than the cost of the future cruise it's being posted to? Is the excess amount stored with your X account to be used on another future cruise or does it just disappear?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, tommy said:

TOM

Congratulations!! Persistence and common sense can make a great combo.

You had two cruises canceled and should have used the credit to book two new cruises.  You got Celebrity to change their policy for you.  That is rather disappointing.

This is why the millennials say “OK Boomer” when older people complain about the millennials being special snowflakes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow 1st Iam not a millennial not that it makes a difference.It was a back to back booking.When I cancelled I was told this will be a cruise credit of $5000 1 credit not 2.We were mislead by everyone we talked to from celebrity.We were told by corporate office we could use fcc separate or together for the 2. We chose to combine.To bad if you are disappointed because Celebrity made a fair decision.

Edited by tommy

11 hours ago, ricmed said:

I have a very similar story. We were offered the FCC because we canceled 48 hours prior to travel. The people that waited till the cruise canceled got a refund. I don’t understand why we can’t get a refund since we canceled for exactly the same reason that the cruise line canceled.

I got the same runaround that policy was that nobody got money, only credit. I asked this directly of the CEO.

Again the answer,”policies are policies,” is not truthful since somebody made the policy to begin with. Of course we will try to fall back on travel insurance, but this certainly seems like a class action lawsuit type problem. The executives of the company will walk away with plenty of compensation while the customer service representatives will all be out of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

EXACTLY I agree.Problem is the phone people for Celebrity dont always know what they are talking about.Kind of like some on this board.My point was if you are not happy let them know.We were told by office of the ceo these were extreme circumstances and there is NO policy for whats going on.Anyway good luck

TOM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

You had two cruises canceled and should have used the credit to book two new cruises.  You got Celebrity to change their policy for you.  That is rather disappointing.

Quite the opposite, it's refreshing to see someone in Celebrity understand the intent of the policy and apply it. B2B cruises are for all intents and purposes a single cruise and a single FCC is quite appropriate, particularly as this is what they had been told in the first place.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My DW just asked what happens if the FCC for a cruise is more than the cost of the future cruise it's being posted to? Is the excess amount stored with your X account to be used on another future cruise or does it just disappear?

Just checked with our X PCC and he said if the price of a future cruise is less than the FCC amount being applied, they will put the excess on a new FCC which can be used on a separate future booking rather than it just disappearing. 

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just checked with our X PCC and he said if the price of a future cruise is less than the FCC amount being applied, they will put the excess on a new FCC which can be used on a separate future booking rather than it just disappearing. 

Yes, that information was in Celebrity's FAQs regarding the FCCs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, ricmed said:

this certainly seems like a class action lawsuit type problem

I am wondering what in the heck the complaint would be based on:

"Your Honor, we want to represent all the aggrieved customers harmed by Celebrity issuing a policy on cancelling and then following it.  Specifically, they gave thousands of customers credits for cancelling just as they said they would, but we want them to be compelled to pretend we all did not cancel."

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tommy said:

EXACTLY I agree.Problem is the phone people for Celebrity dont always know what they are talking about.Kind of like some on this board.My point was if you are not happy let them know.We were told by office of the ceo these were extreme circumstances and there is NO policy for whats going on.Anyway good luck

TOM

It could also be "selective listening" and "selective understanding."

We have to remember these are large corporations and policies reflect the "common good" in a sense.  NOT individual desires or requirements.  Its like buying a car that goes on sale week after you drive it off the lot.  Prices and polices changed.  You don't get you money back.  Bashing X for your own personal choices is uncalled for.  Period.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:32 AM, Algebralovr said:

So maybe heads should roll in the executive suites at Celebrity?

• The point is that this is an unprecedented time. The idea that policies are written and not changeable is absurd. The fact that the cruise companies have information about docking availability and governmental actions before the consumers do is asymmetrical and unfair when they choose to withhold information directly affecting our health and welfare. This is at least amoral and perhaps immoral in its implementation. Many customers will have direct financial hardship that could be lifechanging just because the Cruse company acted to maximize profit, I guess that's the policy.........