Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is a sad sight.  However the winter cover looks great. It is just like ours, just change it to brown. 

This afternoon here looked happier.  We have a month or so to go here. I just turned the heat up to 85.  It hasn’t run in sometime, but the weather looks good for the next couple weeks. As I have said, I’d rather heat the pool than the house. 

23829DB8-EFE8-4D76-8989-B84548A25BCD.thumb.jpeg.6f19b4c2df80e3c685daf78824cf9547.jpeg

I hear you!  I'm not looking forward to putting the heat on in the house.  We've always had baseboard heat in our other home.  We have forced air here.  Hate it.

22 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What wonderful news, Lenny!  You must be feeling such enormous relief!  

Yes,because of my wife’s bleeding issue HemophilliaC also known as Factor Deficiency eleven.

Any scratch or cut can cause non stop bleeding and having a surgical procedure can cause that.

My daughter who went with my wife for the surgeries was very impressed by the doctor.She spent an hour in the recovery room and they monitored her constantly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

To all those who "stray" [sometimes, like me] to Celebrity --

There is a real drop of prices going on -- I was able to go from 8008$ to 6576$ (!!!!), and still keep the refundable deposit and all the other perks I had before.

@sgmn, @George C, @Arzeena, @Luckynana  and please forgive me all the others whom I didn't "detect" 😉

Thank you, Dani.  I'll check it out for my February cruise on Silhouette.  Last time I looked, it was higher.  Same with my New England/Canada cruise for Sept. 2022..I did get a reduction on my April Allure😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Here the only place I have to wear a mask is the vet's office.  Everyone else has signs saying recommended but not mandatory.  Just took a trip to and from Texas to pick up my kitten and no place we stopped at required masks either.  

1566957624_Samantha1.thumb.jpeg.0fa036b2194b8c688cd9e6d9b5cb9288.jpeg

Beautiful!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's Mayport shrimp around here.  And I've grown to very much like it served with grits.  Never was a grits fan before.

I couldn't believe how wonderful shrimp and grits are, the first time I had it was in a restaurant my cousin recommended while in Charleston, Carolina.  Then I found out how much butter was in the dish.  OMG!  It was amazing!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Dani.  I'll check it out for my February cruise on Silhouette.  Last time I looked, it was higher.  Same with my New England/Canada cruise for Sept. 2022..I did get a reduction on my April Allure😊

I booked my February cruise on Celebrity in February of 2020 it’s our annual rock and romance music charter suites sell out immediately and it’s non refundable, did get a decent price considering it’s a royal suite. It’s Caribbean.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Just arrived home after a Five and a half hour drive home from Southampton after a 7 night seacation cruise on P&O new ship Iona.

We had a fantastic time even though we visited no ports but sailed 1300 nautical miles.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

IMG-20210911-WA0012.jpg

IMG_20210916_202408.jpg

IMG_20210916_135546.jpg

IMG_20210916_110952.jpg

IMG_20210916_105423.jpg

IMG_20210912_114328.jpg

IMG_20210915_111955.jpg

IMG_20210915_113234.jpg

IMG_20210915_115227.jpg

IMG_20210915_202321_1.jpg

IMG_20210914_102520.jpg

Welcome home.  Simply Lovely🥰

That's so nice you were able to get away and sail for 7 nights on their new ship.  The food looked amazing.

I love sea days.  I remember when we first started cruising we used to look for sailings that went to a port almost everyday but now we appreciate sea days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,because of my wife’s bleeding issue HemophilliaC also known as Factor Deficiency eleven.

Any scratch or cut can cause non stop bleeding and having a surgical procedure can cause that.

My daughter who went with my wife for the surgeries was very impressed by the doctor.She spent an hour in the recovery room and they monitored her constantly.

So happy the surgery was a success!  Having a really good doctor was worth the wait🥰

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hear you!  I'm not looking forward to putting the heat on in the house.  We've always had baseboard heat in our other home.  We have forced air here.  Hate it.

Oh I hate when we have to put the heat on.  Eric is usually the first one to do it.  I hold out as long as possible.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah, on one of the pages of instructions, it said a Covid test was needed, unless you had been vaccinated in the past 14 days;  I called just to make sure test wasn't needed, and they verified that I was good to go.  Jim will need a Covid test next Friday, since his knee surgery will be on the following Monday.

I wish your husband success on his knee surgery.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks Debbie.  Next Wednesday, the 22nd.  The prep is so much better, now that I can mix the miralax with Gatorade.  So much better!  Years ago, the stuff in the gallon container was so awful, I used to keep it cold in the freezer, and drink it very quickly each time I had to take it.Yuck!

I take Magnesium Citrate for colonoscopies.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sign on my local Kroger's entrance door.  "Masks Required".  Store clerk was standing at the inside door I assumed to be sure it was enforced.  However, his mask was only covering his mouth, his nose exposed.  

Stopped into Sprouts and didn't notice a sign but everyone had on a mask.  I feel like we're taking one step ahead and two behind. 🙁

Many of the office staff in most of the offices of my doctors wear masks not covering their nose.One would think that they would know better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

No knowledge, but OH and IO seems a little abrupt on it's own.

OH...IO is also used as a greeting, often between people who don't know each other.  I was walking somewhere the other day with an Ohio State golf shirt on.   As I walked by a random stranger, he said "OH".  I was required by law to respond appropriately.

The stadium cheer is a little different.  The student section in the end zone start by yelling O and forming an O with their arms.  One sideline, moving counter-clockwise, yells H and puts both arms straight up, the opposite endzone section yells I with both arms straight up forming an I, and the final sideline section yells O with arms making an O.  That continues around in a circle until the fans tire of it.

One of the things I like about Ohio State games is the respect for the band.  The stadium is often full early to watch the band make their entrance, which ends with the script Ohio and the dotting of the "i".  It's a cool tradition and a tremendous honor to be selected to dot the i.  

They truly are TBDBITL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I just Googled this - looks interesting.  

I also just remembered a really great series we watched on on Netflix, “Queen of the South”.

About a woman who heads up a drug empire.

Right now we’re watching Boardwalk Empire. 

Queen of the South is one of my all time favorite shows as was Boardwalk Empire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Here the only place I have to wear a mask is the vet's office.  Everyone else has signs saying recommended but not mandatory.  Just took a trip to and from Texas to pick up my kitten and no place we stopped at required masks either.  

1566957624_Samantha1.thumb.jpeg.0fa036b2194b8c688cd9e6d9b5cb9288.jpeg

Cute kitten.

Everyone had to wear a mask indoors on our ship this last week even in the theatre.

You could take your mask off while eating and drinking.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Bob that's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

You figure someone could invent one that tastes good. Glad everything went fine.

I would die of hunger.

Winner!!!!

Graham I'm sure I missed it, but what ship are you on? Meal looks amazing.

P&O Iona.

• Like 1