Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery went well.I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes.I appreciate everything .

Lenny

Excellent!     That is really great news and thank you for updating us.    I hope she will be back home soon to rest and recoup 😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah, on one of the pages of instructions, it said a Covid test was needed, unless you had been vaccinated in the past 14 days;  I called just to make sure test wasn't needed, and they verified that I was good to go.  Jim will need a Covid test next Friday, since his knee surgery will be on the following Monday.

The way some of these covid protocols are written for various things is so confusing when it doesn't have to be.      I hope my Gen Y son writes better than this at his job. 

When is your colonoscopy?     Good luck.    I promise I will get one done this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I can't remember who suggested it, but "Episodes" on Netflix with Matt LeBlanc is hilarious. Great TV. Thank you to whoever posted it.

I forgot all about that series.   It was really good.     It watched every week when it was first on Showtime.    If I remember correctly I think it mostly filmed in the UK.   Maybe I will re-watch on Netflix this winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife’s surgery went well.I want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes.I appreciate everything .

Lenny

Wonderful news.  Full recovery to her.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great news, Bob!!!!  

I found out yesterday I don't need to take the Covid test for my colonoscopy, since I've been vaccinated.  Yay me.😁

Now if they could remove the need of that prep!!  Good luck to you and to Jim on his knee surgery.

@bobmacliberty Have a fabulous cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The way some of these covid protocols are written for various things is so confusing when it doesn't have to be.      I hope my Gen Y son writes better than this at his job. 

When is your colonoscopy?     Good luck.    I promise I will get one done this year.

Thanks Debbie.  Next Wednesday, the 22nd.  The prep is so much better, now that I can mix the miralax with Gatorade.  So much better!  Years ago, the stuff in the gallon container was so awful, I used to keep it cold in the freezer, and drink it very quickly each time I had to take it.Yuck!

• Like 1

Sign on my local Kroger's entrance door.  "Masks Required".  Store clerk was standing at the inside door I assumed to be sure it was enforced.  However, his mask was only covering his mouth, his nose exposed.  

Stopped into Sprouts and didn't notice a sign but everyone had on a mask.  I feel like we're taking one step ahead and two behind. 🙁

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Question:  How do you find out the time that the ships have their Sail Away?  The Equinox, and I believe the Connie, are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale today.  Does anyone know the timetable?

I'm sure there's a quicker way.  I just fake book a cruise the week after and the departure time is listed.  Might not be the same exact time, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Now if they could remove the need of that prep!! 

Agree. High time for a "friendlier" prep 😉

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The prep is so much better, now that I can mix the miralax with Gatorade.  So much better!  Years ago, the stuff in the gallon container was so awful, I used to keep it cold in the freezer, and drink it very quickly each time I had to take it. Yuck!

DH has had his 1st this Sunday. As a "veteran",  I kept an eye on him. He had to drink a "lousy" mixture, but before drinking, he was prescribed "Pramin"....

I gather every country has its "favorite prep" 😁

For me, the worst part is the hunger.... My gastro friend advised, after I complained, to schedule it early in the morning, saying that sleeping make it easier on the hunger.

DH had it at 4.30 PM, and was OK.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Question:  How do you find out the time that the ships have their Sail Away?  The Equinox, and I believe the Connie, are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale today.  Does anyone know the timetable?

If you go to cruisemapper.com it shows Equinox sail away is 1800 (6 pm).

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Equinox-739?tab=itinerary

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful family.     looks like the big guy really enjoyed the food you laid out on your patio.

Yes, The big Buck like's the Apple flavored corn I pick up at Royal King. He better not get used to the patio, there is going to be a hot tub sitting on there in a few days 😉  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree. High time for a "friendlier" prep 😉

DH has had his 1st this Sunday. As a "veteran",  I kept an eye on him. He had to drink a "lousy" mixture, but before drinking, he was prescribed "Pramin"....

For me, the worst part is the hunger.... My gastro friend advised, after I complained, to schedule it early in the morning, saying that sleeping make it easier on the hunger.

Happy to hear his procedure went well.   The guy Eric goes will only schedule colonoscopies for mornings as he does his office visits in the afternoon.    I coudn't imagine waiting until 430 in the afternoon to get done - that would drive me bonkers.     

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, I always schedule mornings;  no way I could wait until afternoon.  At least we can have jello, broth, italian ice, etc. the day before the procedure.  I'm glad to hear all went well with your DH😊

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear his procedure went well.   The guy Eric goes will only schedule colonoscopies for mornings as he does his office visits in the afternoon.  I couldn't imagine waiting until 430 in the afternoon to get done - that would drive me bonkers.     

The 1st time, my friend was still working as the Head of the Gastro Dept. at a hospital, so only afternoons for me... Lesson learned, though.

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, I always schedule mornings;  no way I could wait until afternoon.  At least we can have jello, broth, italian ice, etc. the day before the procedure.  I'm glad to hear all went well with your DH😊

The 2nd time, he was "retired", but continued working at a private hospital, so he could schedule me first one in the morning. It was bothersome traveling to another city with a huge parking problem, but, after hearing horror stories about perforated intestines, I preferred to go with someone very experienced.

I tried to convince DH to go there too, but he was ashamed... 

It really surprised me that he didn't constantly complain about being hungry all morning before the colono... Regular days -- he's non-stop hovering around the fridge, proclaiming "I'm hungry 😢"

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Home tomorrow Sue.🤫

IMG_20210915_150113.jpg

We were tempted to do Anthem before she goes back across the pond, but don't want to leave our dog again after our cruise two weeks ago on Silhouette.   She's getting so clingy since we both retired.

• Like 4