Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@dani negreanu Those are all great cameras. You can't go wrong with any of them. Out of the two in red the Fuji has a higher sensor resolution at 26.1 to Nikon's 20.9 which translates to the more megapixels the better resolution. Looks like the Fuji also has image stabilization which is good in low light light situations where you have to open up the iris and have longer shutter times. I've always been a Nikon or Sony guy and do not have experience with the Fuji but I know they make great cameras and this one looks really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Southwest opened its schedule for January. Terrible flights from Providence to FLL. This has never been an issue before. Just one more reason to consider cancelling.🤨

The flights for April, 2020 were just as bad schedule wise and the cost was just as much.  I took a hit of over $1400 for our two flights this morning, PVD-FLL for our Symphony cruise and realized I didn't purchase the EB. We have traveled with the same family for 12 years (different one than the BI family, LOL) who have a junior now in HS.  That kid has cost us thousands of extra dollars in airfare.  LOL. 

Adding salt to the wound is the fact that I am currently sitting on $1600 of SW credit due to expire between 12/8 and 1/8/22. I tried to use the credit last December for a trip to Aruba in January.  That was doomed when they announced 10 days prior to departure that one needed a covid test before returning to the US.  Of course I could not leave the dog for potentially 3 weeks if both of us tested positive. 

I am going to a) try to find a dog  sitter who knows the ins and outs of a dog with IVDD and is available to administer drugs 3 times a day.  B) is to call and beg that SW extends the travel date.  I also need to book airfare for our February cruise.  I didn't even bother looking for that this morning.  I was too busy trying to get the balance of my credit for the price drop that occurred Tuesday night.

Wish me luck!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're more of a Microsoft Office guy than a Google guy, you can do something very similar with OneNote.  You can embed Excel spreadsheets in a OneNote page.

I use excel for the finances, packing lists and itinerary myself.  I have Onenote on my desktop but haven't bother looking at it.  Guess I will take and look and see if the two work better for me than using word for notes and then excel for finances/itinerary/packing.  Sounds like a better option.

Thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sheal said:

The flights for April, 2020 were just as bad schedule wise and the cost was just as much.  I took a hit of over $1400 for our two flights this morning, PVD-FLL for our Symphony cruise and realized I didn't purchase the EB. We have traveled with the same family for 12 years (different one than the BI family, LOL) who have a junior now in HS.  That kid has cost us thousands of extra dollars in airfare.  LOL. 

Adding salt to the wound is the fact that I am currently sitting on $1600 of SW credit due to expire between 12/8 and 1/8/22. I tried to use the credit last December for a trip to Aruba in January.  That was doomed when they announced 10 days prior to departure that one needed a covid test before returning to the US.  Of course I could not leave the dog for potentially 3 weeks if both of us tested positive. 

I am going to a) try to find a dog  sitter who knows the ins and outs of a dog with IVDD and is available to administer drugs 3 times a day.  B) is to call and beg that SW extends the travel date.  I also need to book airfare for our February cruise.  I didn't even bother looking for that this morning.  I was too busy trying to get the balance of my credit for the price drop that occurred Tuesday night.

Wish me luck!

JetBlue has some decent flights out of BDL. I don't love the extra driving time compared to PVD but that may have to be my option.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@dani negreanu Those are all great cameras. You can't go wrong with any of them. Out of the two in red the Fuji has a higher sensor resolution at 26.1 to Nikon's 20.9 which translates to the more megapixels the better resolution. Looks like the Fuji also has image stabilization which is good in low light light situations where you have to open up the iris and have longer shutter times. I've always been a Nikon or Sony guy and do not have experience with the Fuji but I know they make great cameras and this one looks really good.

Dani - If your husband likes detailed technical reviews, I would suggest that he reads about these cameras on a web site called Imaging Resource.  They do a good job of reviewing most cameras in great detail.  Here are the reviews for the 2 models that you list in red.

Fujifilm X-S10 Review (imaging-resource.com)

Nikon Z50 Review (imaging-resource.com)

I'd also advise him not to worry too much about pixel resolution.  Both have enough megapixels to print out a large photo to hang on your wall with excellent quality.  Unless you are doing commercial photography, at some point, more pixels just means larger file sizes that require more storage space and more computing horsepower to process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you.

The mother of my DIL (I really don't know how to call her, what's the "term" in English) just phoned in tears -- a lot of people are cancelling their arrival to the wedding (due Sunday evening), and she's so sorry for her daughter.

We rented an apartment for the night after the wedding (15 min travel time from the wedding venue), along with our DS2 and our in laws. It's an additional expense, but it's the only family we got....

Sad for the Bride to not have many of her friends/relatives attending.

Smart move, renting an apartment for after the Wedding.  We almost always stay in a hotel after attending a Wedding, etc.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks..indeed waiting for RCI to get the transfer done.  If it works out OK...I may have just scored on this.  Brand new ship...price protected.  😉 

If it works out, which it more than likely will,🤞it will be "Such a Deal"!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been a lovely day today with a high of 77°F.

I have had a problem posting the last few days.

We had a nice meal last night and lunch today.

Take care 

Graham.

IMG_20210915_193918.jpg

IMG_20210916_133543.jpg

Why does your food always look so appetizing? Makes me want to fly over just to have lunch with you and Pauline!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've done a lot of reading about Wonder in the last day.  Sounds great.  I'd think that they can book you in the same cabin for the duration since ALL GSs are located in a completely different area.  Anyone in a GS must move to a new location so Royal should be able to juggle who goes where to meet your need. 

Here are the deck plans for decks 17 and 18...the new Suite Neighborhood.

Deck 17, all GS

image.png.11a758b246c212e85f9d8802185af2f8.png

And deck 18 with the lofted suites forward, and the single story OS aft.

image.png.8de2b23d2ab697e9ae89c4c7850cf4de.png

The SL, CK, and new Suite Sun Deck all face aft now, above the WJ.  Here are a few artist's renderings of the new Suite Sun Deck, stolen from Lloyd's Wonder Blocks are in the House thread, and originally from some press center photos.

1631721789_RCI-WN-BGSI-SuiteSundeck-View2-200320-RET-CMYK.jpg

1631721879_RCI-WN-BGSI-SuiteSundeck-View1-200320-RET-CMYK.jpg

1631721215_RCI-WN-CGI04-SuiteSunDeck-RET-V1-CMYK.thumb.jpg.484b87f36aee20d47d808d3107f3008c.jpg

That looks fantastic!  Thank you so much for posting this.  I am really happy about the whole transfer now.  Very exciting!  🙂 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd also advise him not to worry too much about pixel resolution.  Both have enough megapixels to print out a large photo to hang on your wall with excellent quality.  Unless you are doing commercial photography, at some point, more pixels just means larger file sizes that require more storage space and more computing horsepower to process.

So what would you say is the minimum megapixel number you would find acceptable?

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

They do a good job of reviewing most cameras in great detail. 

Good advise.

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

While I agree with you as my Nikon D3300 still takes great pictures at 12mp, I still look for the best possible resolution to make resizing and editing look better. I admit I’m a resolution hog.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

January 20 Anthem!

Ohhh - that would me nice to meet you and Charlie.     We were looking at switching to either 1.20 or 1.31 on Anthem for the 11 nighter.   We really like the itinerary, especially love St. Maarten and Antigua and we have not yet made it on a cruise to San Juan yet.  

Pretty sure we are going to cancel our Oasis 9.26 sailing and just be happy with going to LBI for the month of October.     

I wonder if I can move funds from the Oasis sailing and combine the funds from our Grandeur Barbados sailing to use for a nice suite on Anthem sailing in January.     that would really confuse the phone rep. 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've done a lot of reading about Wonder in the last day.  Sounds great.  I'd think that they can book you in the same cabin for the duration since ALL GSs are located in a completely different area.  Anyone in a GS must move to a new location so Royal should be able to juggle who goes where to meet your need. 

Here are the deck plans for decks 17 and 18...the new Suite Neighborhood.

1631721215_RCI-WN-CGI04-SuiteSunDeck-RET-V1-CMYK.thumb.jpg.484b87f36aee20d47d808d3107f3008c.jpg

That is really cool seating with legs in water like wading by the pool.     This whole area looks amazing.     I wonder if all these perfect looking people are here on CC too😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

Wish me luck!

Check with your vet. Ours has techs that dog sit. Good luck!

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ohhh - that would me nice to meet you and Charlie.     We were looking at switching to either 1.20 or 1.31 on Anthem for the 11 nighter.   We really like the itinerary, especially love St. Maarten and Antigua and we have not yet made it on a cruise to San Juan yet.  

Pretty sure we are going to cancel our Oasis 9.26 sailing and just be happy with going to LBI for the month of October.     

I wonder if I can move funds from the Oasis sailing and combine the funds from our Grandeur Barbados sailing to use for a nice suite on Anthem sailing in January.     that would really confuse the phone rep. 😁

Go for it.  Love to sail with you two.

• Like 2

Stocked food in land yacht...check.  Hair cuts yesterday for both of us..check.  Dentist for cleaning both of us today...check.  Flu shot both of us...check. Six month blood test for doc appointments later...check.  Meds refilled...check.  New Pub style Florida room dining set assembled and set up...check.  Land yacht all washed, checked over, and looking good for her trip...check. 

OK...what's next?  Oh...that's right close to happy hour soon!  🙂 🍷

Schedule for "sail away" set for land yacht noon on Saturday. Let the next adventure begin!  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 15

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is really cool seating with legs in water like wading by the pool.     This whole area looks amazing.     I wonder if all these perfect looking people are here on CC too😂

I was going to book MSc yacht club for November 2022 might try this instead , but MSc still has better perks.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

JetBlue has some decent flights out of BDL. I don't love the extra driving time compared to PVD but that may have to be my option.

Funny you mention that.  I actually have an appt at BDL in February for our GE applications.  Actually it is for the day that we would fly out for our Edge cruise.  Coincidence since I made the appointment months ago and then later moved the November cruise to February.  I was going to look at a flight out of BDL and back to PVD.  DH wants his GE before his golf trip in March so I think a trip to VT is on the horizon instead.  We have friends that will drive to Bradley to save $75 a ticket for three people.  My husband doesn't think it is worth it for them, particularly if they are flying in the winter.  Typical RI mentality for some of us.  🤚

• Like 1