Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is really cool seating with legs in water like wading by the pool.     This whole area looks amazing.     I wonder if all these perfect looking people are here on CC too😂

I was the model for the guy in blue shorts 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Check with your vet. Ours has techs that dog sit. Good luck!

Thanks.  I am going to try again.  My problem is that many of them have large dogs of their own and Jack is easily trampled.  Even our lab manages to bang into him.  Giving the meds 3 times a day can be problematic unless they only work part time.  I do have a niece that helped me out with a long weekend last month.  Only problem is that she a) now has a large dog herself and b) works about 50 hours a week.  Upside is that she has flexibility in her work schedule.  Some hours at home with outside meetings.  As much as I would like to travel this fall, I might save her services for one of the cruises.  That way at least one cruise would be covered. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

we have never sailed MSC.    How does their food and entertainment compare to Royal?

I liked there entertainment but royal still is the best, i spent most of my time in there yacht club and in there beautiful lounge which is much nicer than rccl was a baby grand piano and live music from about 5 to 11 , either piano player , or guitar player, or violin and piano combo . Main shows were good they had opera one night , other shows were good , different lounges with guitar players and one had a jazz trio with a great singer . We had all our meals in there yacht club restaurant which I liked better than rccl CK. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Thanks.  I am going to try again.  My problem is that many of them have large dogs of their own and Jack is easily trampled.  Even our lab manages to bang into him.  Giving the meds 3 times a day can be problematic unless they only work part time.  I do have a niece that helped me out with a long weekend last month.  Only problem is that she a) now has a large dog herself and b) works about 50 hours a week.  Upside is that she has flexibility in her work schedule.  Some hours at home with outside meetings.  As much as I would like to travel this fall, I might save her services for one of the cruises.  That way at least one cruise would be covered. 

My only other recommendation would be pet sitters international.  Its so hard to find a good pet sitter. My family makes fun of me because I tape notes all over the house before we leave, do a few test runs, check in every day that we are gone, check the cameras quite often and still worry and hate leaving them! Luckily our daughter will take PTO so we can go on our cruise this fall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I liked there entertainment but royal still is the best, i spent most of my time in there yacht club and in there beautiful lounge which is much nicer than rccl was a baby grand piano and live music from about 5 to 11 , either piano player , or guitar player, or violin and piano combo . Main shows were good they had opera one night , other shows were good , different lounges with guitar players and one had a jazz trio with a great singer . We had all our meals in there yacht club restaurant which I liked better than rccl CK. 

Sounds nice.   I guess someday we will have to give them a try.   I have looked at some of their European itineraries and price wise they seem reasonable.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That would be a little disconcerning. I hope everything turns out ok.

It was so bad it woke Mike up and he thought I was shaking him. At least we made it to Coco Cay today so I guess it wasn't a mechanical issue.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good news today is that we passed our covid tests. At least I think we did since we haven't heard back from them. I guess we'll find out if they kick us off the ship tomorrow.

Yay!  Enjoy the next leg of your cruise!

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My family makes fun of me because I tape notes all over the house before we leave,

What no spreadsheets?  My husband says thats what scares them off.  I actually did short videos on administering the correct drug dosage for his liquid meds.  Quite frankly I think it was the video on the Nespresso machine that sealed the deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a very fast moving thread!  I finally caught up.  

My fast went very well and I made it to the end, 8pm.  I had breakfast for dinner and enjoyed every morsel; lox, eggs, no onion, toasted bagel.  I fast not because I have to but because I want to.  In small part it honors my parents memories who although not orthodox or very observant, lived by most of the traditions of our holidays.

So nice to read quite a few of you are planning or getting ready to board cruises.  Smooth sails to all.

@dani negreanuDani,  I feel terrible for your DIL's sister and family for  people cancelling last minute on the wedding.  Why did folks wait until almost the last minute to cancel?  You were smart to book an apt for the night of the wedding.  Have a wonderful time.

@grapau27That food looks amazing. Continue to have a lovely time.

@lenquixote66Lenny, good luck with your wife's surgery tomorrow.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good news today is that we passed our covid tests. At least I think we did since we haven't heard back from them. I guess we'll find out if they kick us off the ship tomorrow.

That has to be a huge relief. Now it's time to party!!!!

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're having our pool closed this Saturday.

True sign of the change of seasons. Kind of depressing.

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@lenquixote66

Prayers for the Mrs.  and also kind thoughts sending your way.

Take care

+1 @lenquixote66I will be thinking of you and your beloved wife.

• Like 2